Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Forum is starting to die given the amount of eliminations, but hapless accidental contenders like me need all the help we can get.

Sataere posted:

1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Are they putting up a lot of points? Yes? They're studs.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!!
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

I've currently got Eli Manning@PHI as my starter. I've also got Colin Kaepernick@LA, Matt Barley vs WAS, and Tyrod Taylor vs. MIA as options. Should I pick one of them up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phanter04
Apr 28, 2008
I would go with Barkley vs WAS. Washington have been giving up at least 300 yards 5 out of 6 games. I am having trouble choosing between Barkley and Winston. Jameis has been projected top 12 for the past 3 weeks but hasn't lived up to those projections.

Also in standard league choose one flex:

Dion Lewis vs NYJ
J. Crowder @Chi
T. Gabriel @Car
Moncrief @Oak

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Unsure what to do with my two remaining teams. Both are standard scoring 0ppr

Championship game:

My RBs are basically set, not sure what to do at QB or WR. Dak and Russell Wilson are also both somehow available as Free agents. Thinking about doing Montgomery and Cooper (who is supposedly getting more involved this week according to coach speak).

For 3rd place because I loving sat Montgomery last week:

Going Rivers for sure and Gordon if he plays because Cleveland, but other than that things are pretty up in the air.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Flex Powell, bench Ware, Montgomery at WR over Landry. Stick with Kirk.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

phanter04 posted:

I would go with Barkley vs WAS. Washington have been giving up at least 300 yards 5 out of 6 games. I am having trouble choosing between Barkley and Winston. Jameis has been projected top 12 for the past 3 weeks but hasn't lived up to those projections.

Also in standard league choose one flex:

Dion Lewis vs NYJ
J. Crowder @Chi
T. Gabriel @Car
Moncrief @Oak

Gabriel and the Falcons as a whole have been pretty hot, I think I'd go with him again. Lewis is a nice option against the really really bad Jets, but this could be a Blount game.

Any changes to this team? .5 ppr

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Who would y'all start in a flex spot this week .5 PPR:

Ty Montgomery - Min
Frank Gore @Oak
AJ Green @Hou

Bonus Question, which QB standard scoring

Tyrod Taylor
Derek Carr
?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Texibus posted:

Who would y'all start in a flex spot this week .5 PPR:

Ty Montgomery - Min
Frank Gore @Oak
AJ Green @Hou

Bonus Question, which QB standard scoring

Tyrod Taylor
Derek Carr
?

Do you need a home run or do you need 10-15 points from your flex? Gore is gonna be there for you, but Montgomery has been on point for the last two weeks. As for the QBs, I'd say Carr. Over under on that game is 52.5. Gotta like that.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Projection wise we're neck and neck, especially when you take Melvin Gordon out of the dudes lineup, which seems likely to happen.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I need defense help: Giants @ Eagles or Dolphins @ Bills?

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
I promise my line-up is a lot better than it's about to sound, but Eli Manning @ Eagles or Tyrod Taylor vs. Miami? Feels like a coinflip.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Tyrod for my money, he did well against the Dolphins earlier this season and has the bonus chance of running in a touchdown.

Eli has had trouble on the road.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
.5 PPR Pick one

Doug Martin @ NO
Tyrell Williams @ CLE
Tyrek Hill vs DEN
Dion Lewis vs. NYJ

Leaning Martin

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

Texibus posted:

Tyrod for my money, he did well against the Dolphins earlier this season and has the bonus chance of running in a touchdown.

Eli has had trouble on the road.
Pretty much my thought too.

e: this league has a bonus penalty for pick sixes so I might've dodged a bullet there.

AtraMorS fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 23, 2016

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Repost from the other thread because I'm a dummy who didn't see this thread.

I'm somehow in the championship game in my league and I'm not entirely sure which defence to pick-up/start.

Buffalo vs. Miami
Green Bay vs. Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Houston
Tennessee @ Jacksonville

League defensive point settings:
Sack .5
Interception 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Touchdown 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6
Points Allowed 0 points 15
Points Allowed 1-6 points 10
Points Allowed 7-13 points 5
Points Allowed 14-20 points 3
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -3

Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 15
Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 10
Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 7
Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 5
Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399. 2
Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -2
Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -5

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I picked up Ty Montgomery cause somehow he was unowned. Is he worth starting in lieu of any of these guys? 1 PPR

L. Fitzgerald @SEA
D. Thomas @KC
S. Ware vs DEN
J. Howard vs WAS
J. Stewart vs ATL (flex spot)

Leaning towards replacing JStew with him.

Force McCocken
Dec 9, 2004
Rational political thought and discourse is dead. Personally, I blame you.
I play the wrong receiver every week, it seems, so here I am asking for help.

Julio Jones @ Car
Ty Montgomery vs. Min
Emmanuel Sanders @ KC
Davante Adams vs. Min
Larry Fitzgerald @ Sea
Steve Smith Sr. @ Pit

Jones, of course, but after that...Montgomery and Sanders? Hell if I know.

Force McCocken
Dec 9, 2004
Rational political thought and discourse is dead. Personally, I blame you.

MakaVillian posted:

I'm somehow in the championship game in my league and I'm not entirely sure which defence to pick-up/start.

Buffalo vs. Miami
Green Bay vs. Minnesota
Cincinnati @ Houston
Tennessee @ Jacksonville

You can't go wrong playing anybody against Minnesota. Although that's probably just bitterness talking.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Standard scoring fantasy finals in a league I've mostly dominated wire to wire, need to pick between

Roethlisberger vs BAL or Winston @NO

AJ Green @ HOU or Inman @CLE (opponent will be starting Rivers)

My other WR is Cooks. I'm leaning towards Inman at WR and Roethlisberger at QB. Green feels like a huge risk given the injury, matchup, and the fact that the bengals season is over. Not really sure about QB at all.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AJ might not play

e: oh nvm I guess he is playing

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pick a RB

Kenneth Farrow @CLE (Melvin Gordon is ruled out for tomorrow)
LeGarrette Blount vs NYJ (He's been steady but Lewis/White have been eating into reps)

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Pick 2, 1 PPR

J. Landry @ Buf
T. Hill vs Den
AJ Green @ Hou
C. Meredith vs Was
B. LaFell @ Hou
A. Thielen @ GB
T. Gabriel @ Car

Thoughts? Currently have Landry and Hill starting. Green is giving me fits. Flexing J. Stew behind Johnson and Shady.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MalleusDei posted:

Pick 2, 1 PPR

J. Landry @ Buf
T. Hill vs Den
AJ Green @ Hou
C. Meredith vs Was
B. LaFell @ Hou
A. Thielen @ GB
T. Gabriel @ Car

Thoughts? Currently have Landry and Hill starting. Green is giving me fits. Flexing J. Stew behind Johnson and Shady.

Green, Landry

shyduck posted:

Pick a RB

Kenneth Farrow @CLE (Melvin Gordon is ruled out for tomorrow)
LeGarrette Blount vs NYJ (He's been steady but Lewis/White have been eating into reps)

Blount

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Standard scoring fantasy finals in a league I've mostly dominated wire to wire, need to pick between

Roethlisberger vs BAL or Winston @NO

AJ Green @ HOU or Inman @CLE (opponent will be starting Rivers)

My other WR is Cooks. I'm leaning towards Inman at WR and Roethlisberger at QB. Green feels like a huge risk given the injury, matchup, and the fact that the bengals season is over. Not really sure about QB at all.

Winston. While BAL is weak against the pass, Vegas has a higher-scoring game for TB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
For the championship.

Flex me, .5 ppr:

Alston vs WSH
Gore @ OAK

We are separated by 4 projected points. I like Gore's floor and matchup. My only nitpick is him possibly getting gameplanned out if the Raiders go nova.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

QB TD 4 pts, -1 per sack-
Wilson vs Arizona
Stafford @ Dallas

WR (.5 PPR, pick 2)
Jarvis Landry @Buff
TY Hilton @ Oak

Alshon Jeffrery vs Washington

FLEX (.5 PPR, just 1)
The leftover WR from above
Spencer Ware vs Denver
Dion Lewis vs Jets

The other player had Ertz play on Thursday so Im in good shape, I don't need a home run, just some outside looks. Bolded name is who is starting currently. Thanks guys!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1 PPR
1RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex

Powell @ NE
Gurley v SF
Blount v NYJ

Jordy v Min
TY @ Oak
Cooks v TB
DeSean @ Chi

Forte is Doubtful which seems to always mean no way in hell, so even though NE isn't a great matchup I don't see how I could sit Powell. 27 points last week in a 13-34 loss where he didn't sniff the endzone.

I don't like Blount. Way too many points going to Lewis/White and he never catches any passes. Two out of the last 4 weeks he's put up sub 10 points and if it wasn't for the TD against Denver he would have put up only 3 points.

I know Gurley has been a massive bust for a first round pick but he's had decent games despite that (21vTB, 17vBuf&Atl) so even though it could be a trap I think it's hard to sit him vs SF.

DeSean has been on my bench the entire year except for the last two games. Normally I'd have no problem benching him but 3 out of his last 4 games have been 20+ points, including a 30 point game, and Chicago is a good matchup.

TY has a good matchup. Cooks has an average matchup.

Diggs has been poo poo for the last five weeks (and on my bench the entire time) and may have lingering hip issues but he's playing GB who he hung 35 points on in week 2.

I think Powell/Jordy/TY/Cooks are all locks and it's basically that second Flex position that is in question, at the moment I'm leaning Gurley. Any one of the three (DeSean/Diggs/Gurley) could have a huge game or a pretty poo poo game though.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Santheb posted:

Gabriel and the Falcons as a whole have been pretty hot, I think I'd go with him again. Lewis is a nice option against the really really bad Jets, but this could be a Blount game.

Any changes to this team? .5 ppr

Any last second moves I should make here? I'm rolling Amari out instead of DJax and Vernon Davis instead of Eifert. Other TE option is...Hunter Henry.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I must beat this guy today. Must. We have week 17 championship and this semi is against my arch nemesis.

RB

J Stew or Hyde? I'm rolling J Stew.

WR

Michael Thomas
Ty Montgomery

Tyrell Williams ( I love him but his shoulder injury plus near concussion last week make me really nervous)
Rishard Matthews
DJax
Crowder

I need a boom from Brees so I'm handcuffing Thomas to him (bad idea?)
DJax and Crowder seem to risky of a coin flip - but I'd probably play DJax if I had to pick from the two.
Matthews - well Mariota isn't instilling the biggest of confidences in me right now.
Is it stupid to play Ty against Minnesota?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'd probably play Hyde but agree on your WR.

How high Does Farrow rise in a standard league? Right now he's the odd man out among Rob Kelley, Doug Martin, and Ingram, but I think they are mostly clustered together.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Championship game in our 1 PPR league. Projected to lose, but not by much. Injuries and end of season shenanigans are giving me headaches, making what would be an obvious choice much more difficult. Who do I start in my flex:

Lamar Miller vs Cin
AJ Green @ Hou
Mike Wallace @ Pit

I was leaning Miller till this morning, now they might not play him if the Titans lose and Houston clinches the spot. Green should be playing, but the Bengals' season is over and they might not risk over-extending him after his injury. That just leaves me with Mike Wallace, who isn't a great WR or anything, but has been pretty good and did very well against Pit earlier this season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ugh. Choose 2. 0 PPR

Doug Martin
Bilal Powell
Spencer Ware
Kenneth Farrow

Also Choose 1

Larry Fitz
Dontrelle Inman
Tyler Lockett

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 24, 2016

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Allen Robinson v ten
Marquise v ten
Adsm theilen @ gb

.5 per

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Still waffling on this one. PPR.

Willie Snead vs TB
Cameron Meredith vs. WAS

Taylor Gabriel @ CAR
Charles Sims @ NO
Robby Anderson @ NE

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 24, 2016

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
With Miller out I need a fill in

.5PPR
Tyrell Williams @ CLE
Tyrek Hill vs DEN
Allen Robinson vs TEN
Deion Lewis vs NYJ
Blue vs CIN

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Ugh my team sucks right now. Having games on 4 different days is miserable

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Standard scoring,

Brate @ NO or Walker @ JAX?

Also, please tell me to stop worrying and to keep Tucker in and not to swap him out with Janikowski.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Starks is ruled out for today FYI. All in on Ty!

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

MalleusDei posted:

Pick 2, 1 PPR

J. Landry @ Buf
T. Hill vs Den
AJ Green @ Hou
C. Meredith vs Was
B. LaFell @ Hou
A. Thielen @ GB
T. Gabriel @ Car

Looking like Thielen and Meredith would have been the right choices. Hope I can hold on for the win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Dez, G Tate, Or M Thomas? 1 PPR

I need the points.

• Locked thread