Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

my b i just saw this. idk man bf3 only had like 2 serviceable maps for me, bf4 had really great map design in general though. battlefield is always gonna play the same so it comes down to how good the maps are in this gamers opinion

I really really like BF1. For my gun rec I submit the tac-9 force shotgun for advanced warfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think the lack of prone and the smaller nature of the maps makes BC2 a faster pace game in general and the persistent leveling AIDSs isn't fully blown yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The plasma beam in Metroid Prime, but specifically the Wii port with free aim that lets you do trick shots on the space pirates that wear jet packs.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The plasma beam in Metroid Prime, but specifically the Wii port with free aim that lets you do trick shots on the space pirates that wear jet packs.

For me it's the special beam combos in super that I didn't discover until like 2008.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Dissolving the jet pack pirates when you first get the plasma beam is one of the best moments in gaming.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im also gonna throw out getting the grenade launcher and ak in the 2013 tomb raider game, though that might be more for the goombah stomp thread 🤔

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The RE4 rocket launcher is particularly awesome because it's broken rear end power level.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Auto shotgun from REmake

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The RE4 rocket launcher is particularly awesome because it's broken rear end power level.

it's an expensive boss skipper, i love that mechanic tbh.

The PLR you get for beating pro mode is also sick, just instantly clears "rooms" and the uncharged shot serves as a free flashbang. very good cheat weapon

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the doom plasma rifle

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's an expensive boss skipper, i love that mechanic tbh.

The PLR you get for beating pro mode is also sick, just instantly clears "rooms" and the uncharged shot serves as a free flashbang. very good cheat weapon

I'm also fond of the infinite ammo handcannon because revolvers are cool, especially when they evaporate enemies.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm also fond of the infinite ammo handcannon because revolvers are cool, especially when they evaporate enemies.

its awesome but its also when i got sick of the game lmao. getting 5 stars with everyone in mercs drove me insane

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
No kidding. It was an ordeal

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tracer's Guns. 😍

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

Post about memorable guns in this thread, could be from any genre of game.

I went to a friend's place (he's a goon) to play some Call of Duty game and he said "you can't shoot a rifle grenade through that window you fat gently caress" and I shot a rifle grenade through the window and many enemies died that was pretty sweet.

e: the memorable gun was a rifle you could shoot grenade siwth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the Tankgewehr from battlefield 1 is my favorite gun in any current multiplayer shooter

the headshot sound is so satisfying

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the tau cannon from HL1 will always be a favorite. shooting through corner glitch is awesome.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Any and all flak cannons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Halo 1 pistol and the Halo 2 beam rifle. 2 of my favorite guns.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Love that Halo 1 pistol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the deagles from Action Half-Life, and also the sawed off.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
the Mastiff in Titanfall 2 has house-shaking authority like few game guns I can remember

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZaE7QkME38

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hell. Yeah.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just something about the sound and also rate of fire of the DD44 made it one of my favorite feels weapons ever.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reprisal posted:

the Mastiff in Titanfall 2 has house-shaking authority like few game guns I can remember

The Mozambique is the secondary of the generation. Getting a head shot with it and busting a dudes helmet off... :ocelot:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
F.E.A.R.'s nail gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiG-uSEWuns

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
RE4's Red9

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002