Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Apparently live just added voice chat to Z. It's team-wide though apparently, so

It feels like it was a horrible move to not heavily prioritize voice chat in a team focused objective targetted shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
it feels like an even more horrible move to have it honestly, the game already has enough dumb tryhards that whine like spoiled children when people don't immediately snap to and do things their way.

i mean we'll see but i get the distinct feeling that i'll end up turning it off.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I'm just mad enemies can't hear the voice chat of enemies near them. How am I supposed to taunt people as I execute them?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lol the news section of this game is just amazing

Hey guys, we added voice coms, also press Q and hold it down to mark an objective to get lots of exp. Here is an example video of how it works. If you don't want to be commander relinquish command. Yah we won't tell you how to do that.

It feels like it is some weird guy playing the game making a post on steam instead of some sort of game developer.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I don't play much but the game can be fun.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Coolguye posted:

the stalker bolter disagrees with being mediocre

i get a big laugh out of out of LSM guys complaining about mark of nurgle. there was a steam forums topic named "can we have an honest, grown up discussion about the mark of nurgle?"

the first response was "sure, as long as we have honest, grown-up discussions about the stalker bolter, the grav gun, the storm bolter, and the inadequacy of sorcerors vs apothecaries first"

They go over win rates every Friday during their live stream.

Since 1.3 It has been pretty stable at Eldar > Orks > CSM > LSM. They always laugh at LSM too, which I appreciate. LSM's problem has always been that half the team is brand new players without a clue. Eldar are a distant second at badness, but they meta really favors them at the moment. The DA's basic is just a headshot drill with no CoF and no recoil. If you get the drop on someone they die. If it is a fire fight just ADAD spam and let lag shield do the rest.

I hate Mark of Nurgle because it is so good the others might as well not exist. Oh no! Slower stamina regen for a class that doesn't really use stamina! I guess I'll just take a huge EHP buff with no penalty. Khorne and Slanesh are situationally useful, but drat. Mark of Tzeentch is just turning the difficulty up a level.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

slaanesh is really good for sorcs because hysterical frenzy is literally the only healing power that remotely puts them on a par with the other teams' healers, but yeah, i can't see using any other mark on a havoc at least

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I like the tzeench mark for armor and armor regen, and for the shootin' damage banner. I do not believe I will ever put the mark of Khorne on anything ever because ew no healing except from supply crate or lifesteal, no thanks.

ed: also I'm the bad man who uses Flickering Fire.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

khorneflakes make me sad because i constantly play sorc

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

What i don't like about sorcs is the charge regen is so goddamn slow when you want to heal up multiple people. An apoth can throw a heal nade then inject multiple dudes in seconds then engage with a very powerful ranged weapon. Sorcs should be given chaos altars or something similar for static buffing or healing.

MoT is nice for a super battery standard heal build since MoT has the highest regen/charge combo. I swap between MoT and MoS in fortress maps though lately i realized that nurgle heal circle is loving amazing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

circle of flesh sucks in way more situations than it is good simply because it consumes energy regardless of whether or not it's healing someone. hysterical frenzy gives you roughly half the AOE, debuffs enemies inside the AOE, is range-channeled much like Foul Regeneration, and will not consume power unless it is actually doing something. hysterical frenzy owns.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Frenzy sucks when you just wanna heal a duder haha why the sorc also doesn't get some sort of weaker viles or aura is beyond me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Most of VOIP so far has been people pretending to be generals talking too much or people too quiet to be heard.

Man I love this.

Also I love the tzeench heal so far. Just their attack spell is kinda poo poo.

how bad is the voip on eldar and space marines?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Voice chat tonight on orks has been bad cockney accents and good times.

Orks: for people who actually like fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

All I know about orc voip is I can understand them if they type and not if they speak.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

All I know about orc voip is I can understand them if they type and not if they speak.

Oi! Lookit dis git lookin' fer a krumpin'

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Talkc posted:

Voice chat tonight on orks has been bad cockney accents and good times.

Orks: for people who actually like fun.

This right here is why I only play Orkz. Everyone else is a boring tryhard that hates fun.

It's also because once the WAAAAGH is triggered death loses all meaning and we can drown the enemy in our corpses. There is nothing more Orky than that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the WAAAAAGH mechanic is insanely orky but i am always sad when it activates because i usually play painboy

FknMeh
Dec 9, 2008

How rainbows are made...
Any chaos guilds running? I play pretty much only sorc, let me pocket heal you damnit!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Is there an Ork Steam group? I would want to run around with some other boyz. I exclusively play a flash git.

Edit: you would see me as limp_cheeze. During fortress maps I'll be yelling in chat and my character will be screaming WAAAAAAAAGGGHHH as I run into heavy fire, as an Ork should.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 7, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

there is a steam group for generally playing the game on the last page, i don't think there's gonna be enough people playing to subdivide it into specific factions though.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
This is the worst-made game ever. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia, but the engine feels worse than Space Marine from 2011. The graphics suck, the animations are like Jason and the Argonauts, the controls are unintuitive and clunky as gently caress, your character feels unresponsive, you can't jump, when you flip over a wall in the air you inexplicably hover there for two seconds, and the performance is terrible considering how bad the graphics are. And still, it produces moments of fun because of the setting. I hope someone does a large scale 40k shooter justice one day.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Gammymajams posted:

This is the worst-made game ever. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia, but the engine feels worse than Space Marine from 2011. The graphics suck, the animations are like Jason and the Argonauts, the controls are unintuitive and clunky as gently caress, your character feels unresponsive, you can't jump, when you flip over a wall in the air you inexplicably hover there for two seconds, and the performance is terrible considering how bad the graphics are. And still, it produces moments of fun because of the setting. I hope someone does a large scale 40k shooter justice one day.

Yeah but you can gently caress poo poo up sometimes and that's fun.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gammymajams posted:

This game is real fun almost all of the time and I am sorry you have not yet understood how to play it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Murder dudes for the WAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!!! What's s not to get?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So I just unlocked the icon of flame for tzeench and only my traitor marine shooty man can equip this. What is going on, did they remove it for everyone else or is this just a new / old bug.

EDIT: it is traitor only lol that is such poo poo

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 8, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

this is the closest I can get my chaos guy to look like a space marine

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Third World Reggin posted:

this is the closest I can get my chaos guy to look like a space marine

not going to lie, if it werent for the friend or foe tagging, most matches i play as LSM or CSM would have me murdering everyone on my team.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I picked Eldar mainly because I didn't want to play as marines and the horror stories I had heard about lag meant I didn't think melee was all that good, so orks were out. Only to find out stuff like melta weaponry was rear end and the only good grenades were plasma.

But then I got that weird artillery launcher for my Reaper and all is right with the world.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

orks actually have a very strong ranged game. the basic shootas have terrible accuracy but if you maneuver close enough to hit something, the high ROF will kick some real butt. dakka deffguns are easily equal to heavy bolters, and the kannon deffguns are full on superior to the plasma cannons they half-heartedly emulate.

and eldar, curiously, have the strongest melee game i've seen yet. i've met multiple howling banshees and striking scorpions that can OHKO enemies in second tier armor using their strong strike - and not flimsy classes either, i've been OHKO'd as a shoota boy with a golden gob and 'ard armor multiple times. in addition to lagdar antics if an eldar game is the only one in town i simply tab out and come back in 10 minutes. they're just not fun to play, either as or against.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 10, 2017

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Devs just pushed an update out that lowered a bunch of cosmetic prices. This mostly has affected orks big time, but the other races have gotten a bunch of cosmetic drops on some stuff too.

The most popular stuff has stayed at the same value, like ork walrus tusks are now 4k instead of 7.5k and some peg legs are 1k instead of 4k and pirate hats got a slashing as well with some being as low as 1k.

They have temporarily removed the old bundles, the news announcement says they're adding new bundles so I'd wait a few days unless and item you want is extremely cheap already. One such bundle is going to be squig armor for chest, squig shoulder pads, and squig hat according to a dev.

Coolguye posted:

orks actually have a very strong ranged game. the basic shootas have terrible accuracy but if you maneuver close enough to hit something, the high ROF will kick some real butt. dakka deffguns are easily equal to heavy bolters, and the kannon deffguns are full on superior to the plasma cannons they half-heartedly emulate.

and eldar, curiously, have the strongest melee game i've seen yet. i've met multiple howling banshees and striking scorpions that can OHKO enemies in second tier armor using their strong strike - and not flimsy classes either, i've been OHKO'd as a shoota boy with a golden gob and 'ard armor multiple times. in addition to lagdar antics if an eldar game is the only one in town i simply tab out and come back in 10 minutes. they're just not fun to play, either as or against.

For some reason eldar have always been the best at melee. I think their animations are just outright better or something than all other races even though they should probably be the master of indirect/tactical melee (like sneaking as scorpion or banshee shout and rushing them), not direct melee spam.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
What uuuuuup here's a referral code!

EC-O2OB714JZ5KDA

• Locked thread