Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Golashes posted:

the max landis video was pretty good in spite of the weird nuances of his wrestling opinions and the fact that he finds merit in wrestling besides inching two to three hours closer to death and pretending you are entertained

If that's how you feel then why not change something about yourself rather than take a drat knee come the gently caress on that pisses me off so drat much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

The Landstander posted:

I thought Triple H/Taker at 27 was not really memorable, but 28 was pretty good. :shobon:

This is my view too. Had a better pace than the previous one, and had the addition of Shawn selling like he was stabbing himself in the heart every time he made a pinfall. Or after he superkicked Taker, like he had just accidentally run over a toddler.

HBK's selling makes me want to make similes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
That match would have better if Shawn had just super kicked Triple H at the start and took his place.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I liked the Taker/HHH cell match but I was also there live so that may have something to do with it. Typically HHH's Mania matches are hot dog poo poo, though.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

i have strong opinions on cinematic personality max landis and i want to share them with you all

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
THIS ISN'T THE GDT! :catstare:

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Gorn Myson posted:

I like Max Landis, but by his own admission his favourite wrestler is HHH, which is loving ridiculous. Theres nothing interesting about HHH to make him a favourite of anyone.

The whole video does a pretty great job of explaining exactly why HHH is his favourite character (and I said character on purpose) in wrestling. Hint: it's because he is a mark for himself but was never as good as the true stars. The observations made are still true to this day.

I don't really like Max as a person but Wrestling isn't Wrestling was good poo poo. He gives WWE far too much credit for his perceived character nuances but I actually admire the ability to piece a continuity together to help enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I can't tell you how often, time and time again, I hear someone chime in "Peeeee-ewwww, That Dick stinks, open a god drat window"

Peeeee-ewwww, That Dick stinks, open a god drat window

• Locked thread