Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

KataraniSword posted:

The goon guild is also a lot more active there, in that there's more than just me, RetroJL, Buttlord, and Eikre in an empty room. :v:

Joint is definitely a more even playing field, but yeah, it's largely just a "China Server 2.0" as far as playerbase so if that means anything to you it should be noted.

I play too.

Like once a week.

Speaking of activity, recommendations for event without Zerg?

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LLSix posted:

I play too.

Like once a week.

Speaking of activity, recommendations for event without Zerg?

I used 3EK, letting Avalon murder everything until the stage before the boss and then popping the dog. That is, unfortunately, contingent on you having 3EK.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I don't suppose they replicate your purchases on the other server do they?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nope. Which is why I didn't bother doing much on the new server.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, Joint is starting all the way from zero. Definitely not for everybody.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Dunno if the Joint clan is still active, but I applied as Elephant Parade.

e: and then stopped playing this terrible game

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 8, 2019

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I restarted this game on the joint server and put an application in. I'm 'Denial' in game.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

The goon clan on the joint server was tiny and mostly dead. I ended up joining a random clan from Asia that was advertising open spots. Being in an active clan is kinda nice, as it gets you a good amount of small bonuses, in addition to better missions for clan coins.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Most of the active goons from the joint alliance joined the same pubby clan. It's called [ENG]EnglishAlliance. Put in an app and the leader boots an inactive for you. Also we have a discord that's mostly worthless.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Oh I didn't know that. I've been in that guild for a while as Hilarity

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Oh lol. Yeah there are a bunch of us in there.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Got the urge to start playing this again after over a year. My progression isn't terribly advanced. I have the airship stuff unlocked but not all towers. I still haven't got the Zerg queen. Can someone remind me some good build to use at this point in the game?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Depends, which team are you most advanced with, and how much money are you wasting?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Also, I've got pretty much everything due to poor impulse control. If anyone needs fate while I'm online just message me in game. I'm terrible about checking chat

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

overseer07 posted:

Depends, which team are you most advanced with, and how much money are you wasting?

Don't plan on spending any money. I think the teams I used most are both from an older guide: Adventurer with Blacksmith and Gladiator and Hellfire with Magic Golem and Captain.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Those will both carry you for a while. Old builds are still really effective. The easiest F2P build is probably still going with Aoluwei's Blade and using Adventurer, Warrior, Zerg Queen until you can build up Zorro, Zerg Queen, Spartan. That'll carry you through most everything. From there, you can work on building interesting teams using gold pots, depending on your preference. For Canas: Merchant, Gang Cadre, Lamp is pretty hilarious. For Ranger: Nobunaga, Saladin, Crusader is still really strong. It is still best to focus on one faction for a while to get a good adventure team going. Moving towards later play, Canas is considered the best for maze farming, and Abyss is best for Air farming.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

overseer07 posted:

Those will both carry you for a while. Old builds are still really effective. The easiest F2P build is probably still going with Aoluwei's Blade and using Adventurer, Warrior, Zerg Queen until you can build up Zorro, Zerg Queen, Spartan. That'll carry you through most everything. From there, you can work on building interesting teams using gold pots, depending on your preference. For Canas: Merchant, Gang Cadre, Lamp is pretty hilarious. For Ranger: Nobunaga, Saladin, Crusader is still really strong. It is still best to focus on one faction for a while to get a good adventure team going. Moving towards later play, Canas is considered the best for maze farming, and Abyss is best for Air farming.

Canas and Ranger both have their utilities in maze farming. Great Detective means you never have to pick God of Thieves on your venture title, Kaito is still the most reliable way to get rare steals, and Archaeologist is a real good way to get the most bang out of your artifacts. On the Canas side, Noble and Artemis give you the full venture EP economy sets, Future Cat manages to be the best of Machinist and Lamp in one single unit (though you have to give up your Accessory slot for that skill), and Merchant/Gang Cadre synergy means you get so much incidental store stock.

Generally if you're just doing shallow dives (say, to unlock Endless on new dungeons) then Adventurer/Warrior and either Zerg Queen or Athena is by far the best way to just kind of stroll through the dungeon without stressing about much of anything at all. Adventurer/Athena also means that in most dungeons without reflect damage monsters or baked-in summon gimmicks (ie not Cloud Island, Sdorica, or City of Steam) you can just basically autopilot the first 50-80 floors without trying while Athena's punchmans do literally all the work.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Hey overseer/hilarity did you quit joint? The clan master guy is wondering since you've been offline for 5 days and didn't do chaos on Saturday.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I just haven't had time to play at all this week. Probably won't next week either. He can boot me if he needs the spot.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Haha no I think he's just concerned with losing someone so far into space for chaos. I'll let him know you'll be back.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Are you going to be around for chaos on Saturday?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Goonball needs more active players on classic to stand a chance of staying in universe 3. Currently bouncing constantly between 3 and 4 and it's getting a bit boring!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

If you want the real action come to joint where we're in 3rd place overall in universe 1!

I've actually been super impressed with how fun chaos is. The rest of this game is fun, but in a slow burn OCD collection type way, these past four weeks of chaos have really been a blast.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

McSpankWich posted:

If you want the real action come to joint where we're in 3rd place overall in universe 1!

I've actually been super impressed with how fun chaos is. The rest of this game is fun, but in a slow burn OCD collection type way, these past four weeks of chaos have really been a blast.

But I've spent hundreds on my classic server account and sunk cost fallacy is a bitch :(

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Oh yeah the only thing I've ever spent on is the signboard

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Is there any room in that joint server clan? And how far into space do I need to be to do Chaos? I am finishing up order sector 4 now. I think I have about a week left to get all the resource planets at 100% and the last techs.

The random clan I am in seems kinda stuck at level 17 and isn’t making much progress at getting the materials to level up. Doesn’t help that they mostly seem to be posting in Korean.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Just send a request and the leader will usually boot someone for you. You can register for Chaos as soon as you're in space. There were quite a few fleets this week with sub 1m energy that I was posting in alliance chat for our lowbies to go after on the planets we were attacking. The name of the alliance is literally just EnglishAlliance

If you're about to finish M04 it sounds like you're pretty much exactly where I am, I have 2 resource planets left and some tech copies and then I'm on to M05.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I applied as Orvin

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

overseer07 posted:

I just haven't had time to play at all this week. Probably won't next week either. He can boot me if he needs the spot.

The leader guy is going to boot you I think. If you want to reapply you can, or come back. Whatever.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I applied for Goonball or w/e as Bugjug.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
On which server? We have a BUGJUG already in our roster on classic, marked as last login 38 days ago

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Ahh sorry yes I meant for joint

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Oh goonball on joint is dead, but all the goons joined an alliance called [ENG] English Alliance (we're all very stringent in our selection). You should join! If you get in before tonight you can register for chaos and you'll have a ton of medals to get started with all that stuff. We usually place in the top 5 of universe 1, last week was #2.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Applied. I'm not to space yet (still breaking in to Eden) so Im no use for any of that yet.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
A merger is under way on the Classic server!

If it goes through successfully, [GOONS] GOONBALL will be merging their ~25 active members into [The] Psychos' approx 40 active members to create [The] GOONS, a force to be reckoned with.

Returning players will be welcome to join [The] and we'll leave a message in the old alliance to tell people where we've gone.

Also we should possibly make a new thread with an updated OP lol

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Good luck with it. I finally burned out on the game a while back, but best wishes to you all.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The merger is going through as we speak! Make sure to leave goonball, then search for the word 'psycho'. This may change in the future but it is how I found the new alliance.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
It's now [The] PsyGoons, at least for the time being.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Is this thing still alive? Any goon presence? Doesn't find anything with "psycho". I'm on the "joint server" apparently, whatever that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dropbear posted:

Is this thing still alive? Any goon presence? Doesn't find anything with "psycho". I'm on the "joint server" apparently, whatever that means.

There's still a small handful of players. PsychoGoons is on the Classic Server, but crumbled from disuse on the Joint server. Some of us are still there but it's just on the biggest name English alliance, not a goon-only presence.