Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
I have a couple of boxes full of letters written to my Great-Grandparents from their kin back in Moravia. Can anyone help me figure out what they're saying? Here's a quick sample. Willing to put in effort if anyone is fluent in Czech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008
Try posting in Eastern Europe thread. I know some other Czechs are posting there.

I am on phone and have trouble deciphering the writing.

The first line is fairly generic thanks for the letter. Then it goes "When I wrote to You last month, the situation was entirely different than now. Who knows *** before you recieve this letter. We are living in times like no *** has lived. It is even hard to judge, how it actually is. So that we yet happily got out of that ?Slovakia? Even though we have had great damages on ?furnitire?, *** and ***, but man will can get by without them ( lit. will resign to it )"

New paragraph : "As I wrote already, ***" next line: "but I do not know how I would send you that money. It is "not possible for now, because...

The third picture ftom what I can reaf keep telling the adresee to be happy to have certain guarantuee in something.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The first two pictures go:
"Please accept a heartfelt thank you from us for your letter. When I wrote you the last time, a month ago, the situation was quite different than it is now, and who knows what will happen before this letter gets delivered. We are living through an era the like of which the Czech nation has perhaps not yet experienced. One can't even really appreciate, what is really going on. We were still fortunately able to get out of Slovakia, despite our great losses on property and travel expenses - but such things you must grow to tolerate. As I have already written, I have the passbook on me, though I am not yet certain how I should send you the money, you probably shouldn't expect it to arrive at this point because... (end of second image)

The third photo talks about something else: "Regarding that affair at Starovičky (a village), be glad to at least have (??? it seems to say "12. ovok" which doesn't mean anything) at that plot of land close to the town. You shouldn't have signed off on a power of attorney for anybody until you had received a guarantee of (end)"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My Slavic is a bit rusty but here's a quick and dirty translation

"My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being hosed arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I hosed you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest loving I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, loving in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every gently caress I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger gently caress than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I hosed them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to gently caress a farting woman when every gently caress drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

You say when I go back you will suck me off and you want me to lick your oval office, you little depraved blackguard. I hope you will surprise me some time when I am asleep dressed, steal over to me with a whore’s glow in your slumberous eyes, gently undo button after button in the fly of my trousers and gently take out your lover’s fat mickey, lap it up in your moist mouth and suck away at it till it gets fatter and stiffer and comes off in your mouth. Sometimes too I shall surprise you asleep, lift up your skirts and open your drawers gently, then lie down gently by you and begin to lick lazily round your bush. You will begin to stir uneasily then I will lick the lips of my darling’s oval office. You will begin to groan and grunt and sigh and fart with lust in your sleep. Then I will lick up faster and faster like a ravenous dog until your oval office is a mass of slime and your body wriggling wildly.

Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

"My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being hosed arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I hosed you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest loving I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, loving in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every gently caress I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger gently caress than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I hosed them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to gently caress a farting woman when every gently caress drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

You say when I go back you will suck me off and you want me to lick your oval office, you little depraved blackguard. I hope you will surprise me some time when I am asleep dressed, steal over to me with a whore’s glow in your slumberous eyes, gently undo button after button in the fly of my trousers and gently take out your lover’s fat mickey, lap it up in your moist mouth and suck away at it till it gets fatter and stiffer and comes off in your mouth. Sometimes too I shall surprise you asleep, lift up your skirts and open your drawers gently, then lie down gently by you and begin to lick lazily round your bush. You will begin to stir uneasily then I will lick the lips of my darling’s oval office. You will begin to groan and grunt and sigh and fart with lust in your sleep. Then I will lick up faster and faster like a ravenous dog until your oval office is a mass of slime and your body wriggling wildly.

Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier."

hosed up if true

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

i love you

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
OP did your ancestors spend any time in Dublin?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

FreudianSlippers posted:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

:eyepop:

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Ahh, literature! The study of the most valuable ancient texts! I remember being a foolish student, asking "Why? Why read the old stories, how could they possibly teach me or how could I possibly relate to them?" Truly Joyce was a master ahead of his time, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Today SA ruined James Joyce for me, in the middle of a binge.

• Locked thread