Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I couldn't find a thread for showing off collections of wrestling figures and other fun toys, so here I go.

This Giftmas my girlfriend enabled a new addiction helped me start a new hobby by getting me a few WWE action figures. This kinda snowballed into me adding onto the collection in the few days since. I've probably already spent way too much money on these things, but fuggit I'm having fun.

RAW is DOLLS

This here are my figs all posed up in the authentic scale ring I got from Ringside Collectibles. It also came with a Wrestlemania STAR ring apron.

Say ello to da Bad Guy.

WWE Defining Moments Elite Razor Ramon. Comes with removable IC champ belt and vest. No toothpick. Oozes machismo.

Best friends!

WWE Basic Series 38 Chris Jericho and WWE Elite Series 43 Kevin Owens. KO came with removable NXT Championship belt. Y2J came with......IT.

Four ropes, er, posts.

WWE Basic Series 41 Cesaro. He comes with a first initial on his trunks, which was made removable in WWE canon.

IT'S BAYLEEEEY!

WWE Network Spotlight figure. Comes with removable streamers cape and headband bow. Her wristcuffs are also black with yellow polkadots, :rip: Dusty.

2:14 says Gall just whupped my rear end!

WWE 2014 Best of PPV Elite CM Punk. Came with megaphone, two card signs, and JIM ROSS' SEVERED HEAD.

FEEEL THE POWWWWAAA

Booty O's WWE Elite 3-Pack New Day. Comes in a Booty O's box. Removable unicorn horns, and Francesca II. Big E is shown here rocking J.R.s hat from Punk's package because NEW. DAY ROCKS. Here's an album of the whole Booty O's package.

Its me! Its me!

WWE Elite Series 38 Diamond Dallas Page. Comes with removable vest. Can you name another Yogi with an action figure? I think not. BANG!

:bahgawd:

JIM ROSS' SEVERED HEAD. Came with Punk as part of a "Build your own J.R." thing where you collect four figures, and each has a body part you can combine to create the best announcer Devastator-style. Shown here with Ringside Collectables black folding chair and breakable folding table.

Sold out MSG yet again

And finally, a vintage LJN WWF Wrestling Superstars Series 3 Bruno Sammartino. This one's seen some action, but it was rescued from a local Records and Rarities store. When I was a little kid I had Hulk Hogan and Big John Studd, but those ones were long destroyed from bumps and spots that were booked by a 5 year old spazz me.

That's my collection so far. I've got a few more currently being shipped that I'll share once they arrive. What sorta toys do you goons play with collect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
you've got a pretty cool girlfriend

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Golashes posted:

you've got a pretty cool girlfriend

She is. She used to not like wrestling, her only exposures were 80's Hogan stuff which she thought was fake as poo poo and also that one time DX made the local news in her hometown with their "invasion" of WCW Nitro. But I got her hooked after the NXT Takeover featuring Finn "The Demon" Balor's debut.

She's been all "what have I started?" with my latest action figure acquisitions.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I'd buy more wrestling toys, I think, but the likenesses on the recent figures are awful compared to the Jakks ones from 2001-2002 or so. There's a Bossman that's been released recently I've been keeping an eye out for, but most of the modern ones I don't care for.

One thing I've noticed, though, is Mattel's weird habit of giving action figures insane happy expressions. Some of them look truly ecstatic to be action figures. If I'd the money and inclination I'd have a collection of just these.

Who's a good boy Seth? Good boy.

Also cool is this Finn-Balor's-bumcheeks figure. This is not a production mistake, I've seen these on shelves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really wish they offered better articulation or hands or something. They're pretty well articulated, but it's really hard to get them into actual holds.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I wish they'd had these toys when I was a kid instead of the big rubber ones with no articulation at all, or the overly-cartoony Hasbro stuff I had growing up. The Jakks stuff was a big improvement in terms of likenesses but I'd sacrifice a bit of realism for the well-articulated stuff here.

I had a lot of these but I never really dug them. The ring for this set was pretty great though.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like to make them kiss when I play with them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I like to make them kiss when I play with them.

The Skinner and Macho hats lock together like Legos. It was meant to be.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The good news is the Figuarts figures are out, so if you're willing to sacrifice cash for likeness, articulation and smashed beer can accessories, you can have great Austin, Rock, (and eventually) HHH, and Undertaker figures!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Those fancy figures look great, they are the types of things I have to avoid buying period because otherwise I'll be compelled to collect a ton. Feel the same way about the Mattel ELITE stuff.

I was quite happy with my Jakks figures with BONE CRUNCH'N ACTION that in no way resembled the wrestlers they were supposed to be. It's funny how action figures you have as a kid can influence your fandom. Ken Shamrock was the first figure my mom bought me and as a result, he became my favorite wrestler bar none no matter what he was doing in the ring. I remember asking for the Rocky Maivia figure just so I could repeatedly have the Shamrock figure kick its rear end. Also made sure to get WWF The Music Volume 2 so I could have them come out to their themes.

For some reason as a kid I really, really wanted The Headbangers figures but never got them for some reason. As a result, even as an adult I have this weird affection for The Headbangers and was ultra enthused to see them on Smackdown last year. If Mattel ever gets desperate enough to make Headbangers figures, I fear I will not be able to resist.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AxogCo4dV4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I have many wwe dolls from my youth, but my prized possession is Teddy Long wearing a pink suit

• Locked thread