Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

:siren:SHITPOSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this Nazi-loving dipshit on ignore immediately!
http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/5/14112686/razer-project-valerie-multi-monitor-gaming-laptop-concept

already have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop but portable pc gaming on three screens would be sweet. Could use this at the airport or while at Starbucks. Need to save my money for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler
Right now it's a concept system with no stated price or release date, or even certainty that it will be released at all. It's hard to plan on purchasing such a system.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Razer build quality on anything but their mice has generally been awful in my experience. I can't say I would trust the "deployment arms" in that video to last for example. I don't share your optimism for using it at a coffee shop or airport, it looks kinda nuts and would probably take up too much space.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Gunslinger posted:

Razer build quality on anything but their mice has generally been awful in my experience. I can't say I would trust the "deployment arms" in that video to last for example. I don't share your optimism for using it at a coffee shop or airport, it looks kinda nuts and would probably take up too much space.

:thejoke:

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
That concept looks funky and useful in some cases, but it really requires paperthin and bendable OLED screens to reduce thickness and not break so easily when the starbuckians bump on them.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do people drive this joke into the ground every time theres a concept car being shown too?

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 8, 2017

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Do people drive this joke into the ground every time theres a concept car being shown too?

I would have never thought that $9000 Predator laptop would be real and here we are.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Well, sounds like someone got one.

Razer's prototype got stolen from CES

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Saukkis posted:

That concept looks funky and useful in some cases, but it really requires paperthin and bendable OLED screens to reduce thickness and not break so easily when the starbuckians bump on them.

Plus the automated screen extension sounds like it'd be way more trouble than it's worth.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Cobra_Commander posted:

http://www.theverge.com/ces/2017/1/5/14112686/razer-project-valerie-multi-monitor-gaming-laptop-concept

already have an ASUS ROG gaming laptop but portable pc gaming on three screens would be sweet. Could use this at the airport or while at Starbucks. Need to save my money for this one.

Look I know these are hard to move so ill tell ya wat $100 shipped for one and ill look the other way

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Migishu posted:

Well, sounds like someone got one.

Razer's prototype got stolen from CES

Two of them got stolen... Ridiculous.. You would think CES would have crazy amount of security..

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hate to be the tinfoil hat dude, but I can't help but suspect the theft is a publicity stunt.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

well why not posted:

I hate to be the tinfoil hat dude, but I can't help but suspect the theft is a publicity stunt.

I really doubt it

fyallm posted:

Two of them got stolen... Ridiculous.. You would think CES would have crazy amount of security..

Conventions are basically unsecurable once you're inside unless you take equipment back to your rooms every night. Its also easy to steal stuff during tear downs . I've had 90 inch tvs stolen at shows , laptops are a no brainer

Its kind of up to the vendor to secure stuff . again unless its during tear down which you dont have much control over once it hits the dock / union / whatever especially considering most of the labor are temps

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
I grabbed one the other day, it's pretty sweet.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

adorai posted:

I grabbed one the other day, it's pretty sweet.

Can I have the other one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

Node posted:

Can I have the other one?

Nah one of the screens already broke and he had to scavenge the second one.

• Locked thread