Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I like gaming and I like listening to podcasts, and sometimes I like to do both at once. I find the best games are those that have minimal dialogue, spoken obviously but read as well because I can't read and listen at the same time, and are pretty hard so you end up doing the same sections a few times and build up muscle memory rather than having to think about the gameplay too much. I've liked stuff like Super Meat Boy and Demon's Souls, and I think something like Hyper Light Drifter might also work. As far as podcasts go, I like Kermode and Mayo's film review show, No Such Thing as a Fish, and Freakonomics Radio, as well as a few Magic the Gathering podcasts. I like the format of two or three people discussing a topic rather than something too scripted, like Nightvale.

So what are some other good podcast games, and game podcasts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Stalker is a good podcast game. I listen to Mike duncan podcasts while Gaming now.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Bonfire & Bennington

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I listened to a lot of Uh Yeah Dude whilst playing Borderlands 2, but that's all I got for ya, OP.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Night Vale[/i]

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cum town

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've been listening to a lot of new music while playing Nuclear Throne.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i listened to the entire back catalogue of uhh yeah dude while binging on binding of isaac when i first got into them several years ago

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Isaac seems like a real good podcast game actually

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Podscasts? Uhhh yeah dude, (😏) I listen to a few...😏

edit: Podcasts not Podscats tht prolly what shmorky listens too LOL

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
i like continuecast for bg noise when gaming, but they stopped making them a few years ago well, goodby

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Euro Truck Simulator 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Koei Warriors style games are godly for this style of gaming btw. Any kind of action game is, really, unless you need to hear audio cues

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
i listened to Alex Jones during Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Fond memories of listening to P-Melt, J-B and Chef of Nobody Likes Onions while gaming in the mid-00s, and eventually playing some matches in Halo 3 with them.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i listen to maddox's podcast while lying in bed

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i listen to maddox's podcast while lying in bed

he changed my mind on pepperoni

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
spelunky

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I listened to a lot of coast to coast am while playing MGSV

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Picross is the only game I can play and still be able to listen to something at the same time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love cum town

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love cum town

We're cum boys

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fargield posted:

I listened to a lot of coast to coast am while playing MGSV

nice. i usually clean my guns while coast to coast is on

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I listened to the David Cross episode first and thought it was hosted by genuine retards, but I'm really glad I tried listening to a newer ep, it's insanely funny

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i think Nick is ex-fyad

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

adam has mentioned SA before.

anyways i listen to cum town and street fight when playing super mega baseball.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
destiny is good for this

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Night Vale[/i]

omfg are you also a Valek??

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Sir AIDS posted:

omfg are you also a Valek??

let me tell you about homestuck

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
sup fellow wittertainee i quite like the podquisition and waypoint radio for games podcasts

i assume you're listening to limited resources, i like money draught/brainstorm brewery but they're acquired tastes

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Dongslayer. posted:

destiny is good for this

ya

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

sup fellow wittertainee i quite like the podquisition and waypoint radio for games podcasts

i assume you're listening to limited resources, i like money draught/brainstorm brewery but they're acquired tastes

This is a seriously painful post to read. If your object was to do harm... :golfclap: :bravo: Good sir you have succeeded.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mfcrocker posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

This is a seriously painful post to read. If your object was to do harm... :golfclap: :bravo: Good sir you have succeeded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That guy is if Phallic Baldwin and KarlNP hosed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

That guy is if Phallic Baldwin and KarlNP hosed.

Let's not get too hasty

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the only way phallic baldwin is getting hosed is if i shove a shotgun up his rear end and pull the trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

the only way phallic baldwin is getting hosed is if i shove a shotgun up his rear end and pull the trigger

Aewsome. Please do thi for me man this iws wa great chrismtas pasrent even if it's a bit lsate.

• Locked thread