Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Effort 2 Committed 0 | AC 2 | Hrd 12+ Eva 14+ Spr 14+ | HP 11/11 | Inf 2 Dom 0 Wth 0

The Warmaker circles the Salt Knight, her weapon at the ready, waiting for an opening.

Holding action until the Salt Knight attacks, at which point I'll use Unerring Blade, which should kill him.

SidekickBOT - Today at 5:18 PM @The Warmaker (Gorbash): 1d20 Hardiness Save 12+ = (14) = 14

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

The sole remaining Knight screams in rage as Sarah’s bullet finds its mark in his companion’s skull, and becomes a whirling dervish, his blade dancing defensively around him. Even as his fury wanes, he’s moving too erratically for even Warmaker’s supernatural skill to land a telling blow.

With a cry of “Khem lezelalemi!” he swings down on Masresha, only to have his sword vanish just before contact. His momentum throws him off-balance, and he lands sprawled across the dock. Rolling to his feet he faces off against you all, fists raised. “I will not be cowed by your tricks children. Sword or no, I am a hero of Khem and will act as such!”

You feel a cold breeze on your skin Masresha, and The Niece’s voice echoes in your ears. “We can discuss repayment later Sunborne. Now deal with this pest.”

Warmaker’s Unerring Blade gets a Nat1, so it misses. Salt Knight B’s attack is spoiled by Unknown Bullshit. He’s still alive and his Morale has not broken, but its more a matter of if you're going to kill him or capture him.

quote:

Salt Knight B
-4/5HD, AC5, 0/2 Effort, (Nine Iron Walls, Unerring Blade)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Sarah fires a flurry of bullets at the Knight, who unfortunately is good enough to parry bullets. Chunks of lead fly out behind him as he dices the agent's attack to pieces.

I attacked, but rolled a 19, sadly, so he wins.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Effort 2 Committed 2 | AC 2 | Hrd 12+ Eva 14+ Spr 14+ | HP 11/11 | Inf 2 Dom 0 Wth 0

The Warmaker resets her stance as the Salt Knight unexpectedly deflects her blow. With a sniff of irritation, she feints high with the sword, then executes a second attack with her plasma axe. This time she catches her opponent off guard.

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:15 PM @The Warmaker (Gorbash): 1d20 = (4) = 4
Max damage is 4 so that should do for it.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

As quickly as the fight was joined, it was now over. The idle growling of the Knights’ steed is the only sound for a few moments before Captain Kambal floats down to her ship on a cushion of wind. Her gaze falls upon you all, and while its still not friendly, there’s a bit of wary respect. “Well, at least I didn’t have to violate my oath of peace with the Court. Since you helped protect my crew I’ll give you this much: you have a week or so before this missing patrol is noticed. They may think the Serpents got them, which would be good for you, but I’d take steps anyways." She looks over her shoulder at her ship. "Friends, we are leaving!”

The Father’s Disappointment bursts into activity as the crew boils out of hatches to move the last few crates and cast off from the dock. The captain’s witchfire crown flares once more as the sea gathers under the ship and pushes it away from the cliffs.

Behind you, the enclave also comes back to life as residents poke their heads out from their hidey-holes. While many are still looking apprehensively at Kohath and Masresha, there are also surprised murmurs and an undercurrent of wonder. A few of the elders even bow before the knights, reciting the litany of thanks. Kantiba Senai approaches through the crowd, and bows to each of you.

“Please excuse the Captain, she sails the horror-infested seas and it taxes her manners. I offer Under-Kasha’s thanks to you. The Salt Court’s requests for compensation for the protection they provide us from the other monsters of the Narrows have become increasingly hostile recently. We hear that their Marchioness has awoken too many of her ancient brethren for the barrow to support.” He pauses, the signs of an internal argument on his face. “It lies a handful of miles past Honor’s End, perhaps once your task there is complete…?”

The Father's Disappointment is leaving, but is still within shouting/interacting distance. The Niece is still off-screen so Effort use is possible. There is a Horse of Brass and Flame just offshore if anyone is willing to take it.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

HP: 6/8

The last of the monsters falls, cut to pieces by the deadly weapon wielded so effortlessly by the Warmaker. I scramble to my feet, hands shaking, mouth still quivering at the ferocity of the attack—and at the ferocity of my companions' counters. My blade rattles as I slowly sheathe it, the inside of my sheath the only target I've yet to hit. I gulp, then stammer out to my comrades, "W-well that went... well.

I turn to Kantiba, nodding as he approaches and speaks, and offer him a faint smile, "Uh, well, one thing at a time, I guess. We should make way before we attract too much more attention.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Senai nods deferentially. “Of course, of course. If you wish to rest after your exertion, I believe the communal stew is nearly done. I am afraid it is plain fare, but you are welcome to it.” He motions to the crowd, and a few of the stouter men come forward and begin to man-handle the corpses. “We shall tend to the mess if you’d wish to excuse yourselves.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

HP: 6/8

I wince at the bit at the mention of stew - the "communal stew" of the Uzan was always a bit... bloody... for my taste. Raw sealdog in lukewarm water, with only salt to flavor. Many nights were spent retching from the meal - of course, to turn it down would mean instant decapitation. I shudder to think at what these Niece-beholden folks would do if slighted. Surely nothing kind. I turn my frown into a smile, "Of... of course!

I turn to my companions, "Let us... return to our quarters to plan our... incursion."

• Locked thread