Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

Unless Deshaun Watson comes back that ain't happening.

Probably not, but Bama lost their championship QB from last year to this year, so it's kind of even footing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jacob Coker and DeShaun Watson defintielty seem like comparable parts of their respective offenses

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
It depends on how much value you put into recruit rankings, but we're looking to be pretty stacked at QB the next decade or so. Maybe not for this next season... depends on how they can develop Bryant over the next 8 months.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Scarf posted:

It depends on how much value you put into recruit rankings, but we're looking to be pretty stacked at QB the next decade or so. Maybe not for this next season... depends on how they can develop Bryant over the next 8 months.

to be fair bama got to the championship game on mediocre if not awful QB play, so anything is possible.

The bar I was at was full of tennesssee fans cheering like they just won the championship. I never understood cheering against other schools or for schools you don't care about. Like why the gently caress do you care. Just watch good football.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sports are way more fun when you have a rooting interest and it is fun to root for the under dog. People root against Bama because it's an incredible program than wins every goddamn year. It happens in every sport, don't take it personally. Also isn't Tennessee/Bama allegedly a huge rivalry?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

You don't understand why sports fans dislike their teams rivals? Really?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I dunno, I am not going to sit there and Boomer Sooner because Auburn is playing in the Sugar Bowl or whatever. I just like good football. poo poo, I am a Buffalo fan and they haven't made the playoffs since I was 18. Doesn't mean I am going to actively root against New England or Miami.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee fans rooting against bama is way better than them for bama because of sec

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I mean you have poo poo on Auburn like three times since the game ended but anyway even if that were true it would make you the weird one. You really don't ever take sides in non-Bama games?

I guess maybe it's harder to know why people root against the Yankees when you are the Yankees, but poo poo, man.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Tennessee fans rooting against bama is way better than them for bama because of sec

That's true. If my team was as mediocre as Tennessee, though, I think I would just drink my beer and watch the game. What kind of rear end in a top hat goes up to strangers and gets all loud about football? They were getting pretty bold and testing my loving gangster tonight

MourningView posted:

I mean you have poo poo on Auburn like three times since the game ended but anyway even if that were true it would make you the weird one. You really don't ever take sides in non-Bama games?

I guess maybe it's harder to know why people root against the Yankees when you are the Yankees, but poo poo, man.

Its one thing to poo poo on someone, but I find it weird to jump on the other team's bandwagon. And yea, I expect it online, but I had multiple scrawny rear end white boys trying to test me tonight over some goddamn football.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

That's true. If my team was as mediocre as Tennessee, though, I think I would just drink my beer and watch the game. What kind of rear end in a top hat goes up to strangers and gets all loud about football? They were getting pretty bold and testing my loving gangster tonight

I mean if they were going out of their way to be assholes to you personally then that's bad because being an rear end in a top hat is bad, but being exuberant when watching sports is pretty normal especially when it's a game like that one

MourningView fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 10, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

Its one thing to poo poo on someone, but I find it weird to jump on the other team's bandwagon.

Do you like expect people to sit stone faced when they're watching games that don't have their team in it? Cheering for things is fun. I don't think rooting for a team for one game really constitutes being a bandwagoner

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

Do you like expect people to sit stone faced when they're watching games that don't have their team in it? Cheering for things is fun. I don't think rooting for a team for one game really constitutes being a bandwagoner

No but actively antagonizing me and my friends and trying to start some poo poo is kind of hosed up. Why do sports fans think that is okay? I see it often. Me wearing Alabama poo poo is not an invitation for folks to try to get hostile.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fluffdaddy posted:

Me wearing Alabama poo poo is not an invitation for folks to try to get hostile.

Like hell it isn't.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bip Roberts posted:

Like hell it isn't.

tbf we don't really know what he means by "hostile." It could be pretty heinous like shoving him or saying awful things or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

No but actively antagonizing me and my friends and trying to start some poo poo is kind of hosed up. Why do sports fans think that is okay? I see it often. Me wearing Alabama poo poo is not an invitation for folks to try to get hostile.

I agree with that part and said as much! You seemed to also be saying that rooting for someone who isn't your team ever was inherently weird and bad and I was taking issue with that

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

I agree with that part and said as much! You seemed to also be saying that rooting for someone who isn't your team ever was inherently weird and bad and I was taking issue with that

Nah, I get rooting against someone, but jumping up and down and getting in folks faces like you won something is what I found weird. Ran into that tonight. The Life Trophy wasn't on the line, so they were just being lovely people.

Edit: The only thing some of these dudes almost won was these hands

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Look, Tennessee fans have so little to hang their hats on. You've got to give them something.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Look, Tennessee fans have so little to hang their hats on. You've got to give them something.

These hands are definitely enough for all of them. The two actual Clemson fans were pretty cool and we had our hand shakes and good games with them. Deshaun Watson is a hell of a football player and Clemson is a hell of a ball team so hats off to them.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nah, I get rooting against someone, but jumping up and down and getting in folks faces like you won something is what I found weird. Ran into that tonight. The Life Trophy wasn't on the line, so they were just being lovely people.

Edit: The only thing some of these dudes almost won was these hands

I think the life trophy is in the ACC now. Whoever beat vandy has it.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Just got home from watching the game need to express

ahahahahah gently caress alabama forever

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/status/818694324183531520

https://twitter.com/FootBasket/status/818694311210520576

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/818700254728114177

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 10, 2017

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
How long until Hurts loses his job to that QB from Hawaii.

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

Fluffdaddy posted:

My guess is they picked up on what a giant baby you are and decided to roll with it. That or they, like the majority of sports enthusiasts, enjoy rooting against teams they don't like. Who knows, coulda been both.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

Fixed. NBA Finals owned. Stanley Cup Finals were good. World Series Owned. CFPNC Owned.

Fair enough. Cavs coming back was amazing, and Cubs winning for the first time in over a hundred years? that's the kinda poo poo you tell your grandkids about.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I don't "get" college football, but I'm glad Nick Saban lost.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dilber posted:

A-C-C

A-C-C

A-C-C

it just means more

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Huh, maybe it would have been worth it to stay up for the entire 4th quarter.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 10, 2017

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fluffdaddy posted:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PostNouveau posted:

I'm tickled pink that this can be laid at Saban's feet for firing Kiffin. Whether it's justified or not, it's fun.

I think you mean hiring Kiffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

MyStereoHasMono posted:

My guess is they picked up on what a giant baby you are

• Locked thread