Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Pvt.Scott posted:

I got Aliens: Colloidal Marzipan for cheap and waaay after launch, so it had been patched a bunch. It was a mildly enjoyable, if forgettable shooter with a bored Michael Biehn struggling to summon any enthusiasm whatsoever for his lines.

I loved Borderlands 1 + 2 because I am easily amused by bright colors and slowly incrementing integers, but I took one look at Battleborn at launch, literally said "what the gently caress is this poo poo?" and closed Steam. Gearbox had one good game and they made it twice and then they hosed it up by not making it a third time. Battleborn just looked like it wanted to be 900 different games. If it had just been a co-op romp against enemy waves, yeah, that'd be chill. If it had been some sort FPS MOBA, not my bag, but alright. Then they tried to combine those two and cram a bunch of other stupid poo poo in there, too.

Gearbox is loving done. Someone already made Borderlands 3, only they called it Shadow Warrior 2.

please pvt. scott don't hurt 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tinker Tankie Soldier Spy posted:

please pvt. scott don't hurt 'em

Ok. You've convinced me to stay my hand and change my wicked ways. What's this Scalebound thing? I've never actually heard of it.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
at least Nier: Automata seems like it will be good

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Kamiya has a limited skill set and the further he strays from the template he set with DMC the worse his games become

I thought okami was pretty good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao at the last page or so.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Larry Parrish posted:

O hell yes. The white noise GBS man is here to ruin another forum

Give em hell Larry

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

recore was made by compect of might number 9 fame iirc

Soul Sacrifice was really cool

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pvt.Scott posted:

I got Aliens: Colloidal Marzipan for cheap and waaay after launch, so it had been patched a bunch. It was a mildly enjoyable, if forgettable shooter with a bored Michael Biehn struggling to summon any enthusiasm whatsoever for his lines.

I loved Borderlands 1 + 2 because I am easily amused by bright colors and slowly incrementing integers, but I took one look at Battleborn at launch, literally said "what the gently caress is this poo poo?" and closed Steam. Gearbox had one good game and they made it twice and then they hosed it up by not making it a third time. Battleborn just looked like it wanted to be 900 different games. If it had just been a co-op romp against enemy waves, yeah, that'd be chill. If it had been some sort FPS MOBA, not my bag, but alright. Then they tried to combine those two and cram a bunch of other stupid poo poo in there, too.

Gearbox is loving done. Someone already made Borderlands 3, only they called it Shadow Warrior 2.

the fuuuuuuuuuck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Colloidal Marzipan

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Colloidal Marzipan

still chuckling @ this hilarious phrase

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Recore was made by Armature, ex-Retro people, but it was also a weird financing deal between MS and Unity that meant neither side was willing to spend much of their own money on it

it's only really awful on a technical level & probably would have been pretty good if they had the money to fix it, maybe they got cold feet after Inafune hosed up Mighty no.9

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Recore was made by Armature, ex-Retro people, but it was also a weird financing deal between MS and Unity that meant neither side was willing to spend much of their own money on it

it's only really awful on a technical level & probably would have been pretty good if they had the money to fix it, maybe they got cold feet after Inafune hosed up Mighty no.9

I wanna play that game once it gets cheaper. It looks cool in a "middling PS2 game" kind of way that doesn't really happen very often.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*in my hosed up YOSPOS brain* What would make the name of the Aliens game funny. Hmm. *flips through the dictionary*

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Scalebound? More like Trashbound!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

More like Failmound... of feces coming out of my rear end!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

This. It looked like crap.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
more like starbound

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I Said No posted:

more like starbound

LOL :D got eem

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Soul Sacrifice was really cool

I liked it but it just made me want to play monster hunter

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

brainwrinkle posted:

at least Nier: Automata seems like it will be good

The demo shows a LOT of promise.

I just wish it was on PC so it could be used to benchmark how good the port will be. I'm sure it'll be fine though since Rising's was.

EDIT: \/ just remember to skip 2 and that 3 has a TERRIBLE PC port (4 and 4:SE have really nice ports though since they're Unreal engine.) 3 is probably the best of the series though so it's worth tracking down a PS2 copy.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 17, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im extremely excited for this game so to prepare im gonna finally play through the DMC series. Platinum ftw.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Im extremely excited for this game so to prepare im gonna finally play through the DMC series. Platinum ftw.

hmm. did you even read the title of the thread bro.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

I thought this was the Nier thread :sweatdrop:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

The demo shows a LOT of promise.

I just wish it was on PC so it could be used to benchmark how good the port will be. I'm sure it'll be fine though since Rising's was.

EDIT: \/ just remember to skip 2 and that 3 has a TERRIBLE PC port (4 and 4:SE have really nice ports though since they're Unreal engine.) 3 is probably the best of the series though so it's worth tracking down a PS2 copy.

DMC4 uses the MT Framework engine.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Evil Eagle posted:

DMC4 uses the MT Framework engine.

Right. I must have it mixed up with something else.

MT Framework is such a great engine for PC ports though .

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

Lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

don't wake up daddy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/821140723135352832

im not owned!! im not owned!! etc

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Funniest bit was that for a while the top thread in the subreddit was a thread mocking Randy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im gonna lock the thread, since theres not much to talk about in ref. to scalebound and theres already a randy megathread.

• Locked thread