Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Very low emotional stat though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I wonder if this whole business is a relocation scheme. Move the natives off to the roughly terraformed moon - ensuring they have the right selection of people to give it a go - and make space for your own colonies on Earth.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Shark posted:

Just caught up with the last couple episodes, really enjoyed that theatre scene! This show has great action sequences

Yeah, pretty decent for broadcast TV. I want to like the series but I fear the endless mystery rabbit hole Carl has prepared for us.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Renewed for season 3 BTW.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bull3964 posted:

Renewed for season 3 BTW.

I'm.....pretty surprised at this.

It's not quite as bad as Under the Dome but the show seemed prime for cancellation. Every week it's kind of a bland surprise when I remember this show exists.

Maybe the kickass shootouts is drawing in the numbers or something, because the alien plot is a glacier.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're also moving production from LA to Vancouver. Apparently it is because they couldn't get a CA tax credit.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The shootouts are really cool, especially the one take clearing of the house, but they really feel out of place in the low budget cable tv alien drama. Either way I like this dumb show and I'm glad for season 3.

Considering the hardon they have for the ALIENS=NAZIS thing, I'm not really looking forward to all the concentration camps they'll no doubt come across outside the colony though.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

muscles like this! posted:

They're also moving production from LA to Vancouver. Apparently it is because they couldn't get a CA tax credit.

A shift in venue to the Green Zone wouldn't hurt the show. I'm enjoying what they've written but they've written themselves into a corner when it comes to the Block.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

The shootouts are really cool, especially the one take clearing of the house, but they really feel out of place in the low budget cable tv alien drama. Either way I like this dumb show and I'm glad for season 3.

Considering the hardon they have for the ALIENS=NAZIS thing, I'm not really looking forward to all the concentration camps they'll no doubt come across outside the colony though.

I think that the moon is where they send people, I'm interested in seeing whatever it is the Hosts are doing outside the walls

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess the Raps are robits?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LOL there is a 0% chance Snyder isn't working an angle. He ain't about to go live in the woods with the rebels. :laugh:

Edit: Gaius Frakkin' Baltar!

Astroman fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 7, 2017

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Nah, LA just got flattened and the actors who they could get to come back for S3 moved to the Vancouver block. The show practically writes itself. Art imitates life, etc and so forth.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Astroman posted:

Edit: Gaius Frakkin' Baltar!

BUTTERFINGERS!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

Nah, LA just got flattened and the actors who they could get to come back for S3 moved to the Vancouver block. The show practically writes itself. Art imitates life, etc and so forth.

Well even if they left LA in universe to go out and fight the rebellion in other cities/the woods or whatever for budgetary reasons, I have no problem with that. I want to see the rest of the world outside LA anyway. Better that than trying to redress Vancouver as "LA" or something.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Astroman posted:

Well even if they left LA in universe to go out and fight the rebellion in other cities/the woods or whatever for budgetary reasons, I have no problem with that. I want to see the rest of the world outside LA anyway. Better that than trying to redress Vancouver as "LA" or something.

Spoiler Alert: Outside the Block is every Stargate SG-1 planet ever

Maybe a Quarry or warehouse mixed in there.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Well, aside from the first scene, things felt like they were just wrapping up all the loose ends

I knew Computer Girl was going to buy it :(

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I guess the Raps are robits?

The surgery at the beginning of the last episode was pretty funny. So needlessly tense.

Maybe S3 takes us to the moon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I thought about going back and pausing that scene, but decided against it. This was a good season, that finale was a bit lackluster

• Locked thread