Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bape Culture posted:

I'm a stupid Scottish alcy oval office and I just love money and horses haha

haha classic alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
well that was a really good game, disappointed we didn't win since United's goal was offside but both teams had a fair few extra chances that they couldn't put away so I can't say a draw was an unfair result. Mignolet was really good. It was rewarding to see the most expensive player in history be the worst player on the pitch too, that was fun.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
*in best posters from this subforum impression*

actually pogba is quite good at football compared to most people

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

pogba doesnt even know which limbs to use so i dont know how he can be good

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He wasn't happy with the way his logo got printed on the side of his head so give him a break ok??!!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

You celebrated a 0-0 draw as if you had won the treble and acted as though it showed that United were a small time club lmao

No we didn't you moron. We were disappointed we didn't beat United given how loving pathetic they were.

Anyway, United got lucky there.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ewar Woowar posted:

No we didn't you moron. We were disappointed we didn't beat United given how loving pathetic they were.

Anyway, United got lucky there.

lmao I'm glad that this is how you rationalize it now that you've realized how incredibly embarrassing it was

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

lmao I'm glad that this is how you rationalize it now that you've realized how incredibly embarrassing it was

Cool, lets see your evidence of Liverpool supporters "celebrating a 0-0 draw as if we had won the treble"

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I, forums poster Eau de MacGowan, cannot believe Pep Guardiola actually is a fraud.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I, forums poster Eau de MacGowan, cannot believe Pep Guardiola actually is a fraud.

its really good and funny imo

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
finally watched MOTD, Pogba certainly picked an odd time to dab.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

wasn't it pooshited supporters talking about getting a point from a good liverpool team?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

wasn't it pooshited supporters talking about getting a point from a good liverpool team?

A point at Anfield given the form both teams were in at the time, was an OK result. A point at home against a Liverpool side that hadn't even scored in what, 2-3 matches in a row, not so much.

Especially as we seemed surprised/unable to cope with the high press.

Mignolet had an alright match, but some of the "outstanding saves" he made were put far too close to him.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
How much did Pogba cost?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Xabi posted:

How much did Pogba cost?

Two points in the last game. I counted.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Bravo is so loving bad

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Slightly offtopic, but are there any Tottenham fans that can check if all the tickets for the Tottenham - Gent game (February 23rd) are sold out? That would be surprising, since we're a small time club and Wembley is huge. I'd check myself but I don't have a membership card/number.
You can PM me about this if you want :shrug:

EDIT: welp, it says so on the official site.

EDIT 2: welp again, I even posted this in the wrong thread

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 16, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Nah, Liverpool fans were really happy that United set up defensively against them and thought it made them look like a "big club," but in reality they were just losing their poo poo over a 0-0 draw and it looked small timey as hell.

It all starts on like page 6 of my big beautiful non-monthly thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793140

My personal favorite is, from a poster who will remain unnamed:

quote:

To see the mancs capitulate to us like they loving relegation candidates trying to get a cheeky point is something we will remember for a long time, if you don't get that that's fine.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Nah, Liverpool fans were really happy that United set up defensively against them and thought it made them look like a "big club," but in reality they were just losing their poo poo over a 0-0 draw and it looked small timey as hell.

It all starts on like page 6 of my big beautiful non-monthly thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793140

It looks like most of the Man-U posters were looking at the bright side of at least getting a draw at Anfield and most of the Liverpool posters were annoyed at the result, but did not feel cheated out of a win they deserved.

Also, Brendan Rodgers has a name. It's Brendan Rodgers. He/she/zhe is a good poster.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

To see the mancs capitulate to us like they loving relegation candidates trying to get a cheeky point is something we will remember for a long time, if you don't get that that's fine.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

sorry about your broken brain and illiteracy

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

I've read through a good couple of pages and I'm yet to see anyone celebrating that result, Ewar Woowar said United's defence display was funny and there were some other meltdowns but that was about it.

What you're claiming didn't make sense then and doesn't now.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

I've read through a good couple of pages and I'm yet to see anyone celebrating that result, Ewar Woowar said United's defence display was funny and there were some other meltdowns but that was about it.

if he was a more funny and intelligent poster id say it was a clever troll

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I'm watching highlights from the Manchester City/Everton match. Looks brutal.

I miss Raheem.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EvilHawk posted:

I'm not sure how this can be made any clearer to you people are still celebrating that match on this very page of this very thread. It's appalling.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

You're a lunatic.

"I'm loving laughing at United for assembling the most expensive squad ever and then playing like that. It was shameful. I'd be embarrassed if Klopp set up like that at Old Trafford and we have far less resources."

Which I stand by.

"I can't speak for all Liverpool fans but from what I've read no one is happy with that result. United were playing like poo poo and we should have been able to win that game. Breaking down Pulis like sides have always been a massive issue for us though."

Which I also stand by.

What posts are you claiming that we were delighted with drawing against United at home?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

I'm not sure how this can be made any clearer to you people are still celebrating that match on this very page of this very thread. It's appalling.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

R. Guyovich posted:

This isn't even what capitulation means ffs.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's chilly at the sunny Emirates but at least I managed to sneak a thermos of hot chocolate in

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What a mental end to the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Rip Hull guy.

• Locked thread