Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Black Cat
Affiliation: Team d6; PP: 2; Condition: Fine.

"...but really, your guess is as good as mine. Goblin tech is dime a dozen." She shrugged, earnestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Shocker

Herman scratches his chin, which doesn't do much through a padded mask besides make him feel slightly more reflective. "I mean, if I could get a look at their tech, maybe we could narrow things down? It's not much, but if it's original Osborn that would narrow down the number of possible sources. I don't know if he's doing a good guy thing right now, but we could try asking Kingsley if it's Hobgoblin tech; his stuff tends to have serials, so we could maybe trace the items? Maybe there's some sort of transponder, too, or something. They seemed to just be talking to each other, but they could have some sort of tracking signal, and I could try to back-trace it to-"

Herman snaps out of his tech-induced reverie, his head sheepishly sinking towards his shoulders. "Well, uh, to somewhere, at least. But, um, I'd need some of the gear, first, I guess. From the cops. Maybe someone else should do that. They probably wouldn't want to share with me."

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Mister Spider

I nod thoughtfully.

'Yes, Hermann, that sounds like a wise plan. Let's go."

The lad looks anxious, and I try to reassure him.

"I've got more experience dealing with law enforcement than you do. I think we'll be able to get their cooperation. Well, you will. I'll be there with you, for moral support, but I think the time is right for this."

I clap my hand on his shoulder, and we walk over to where a few officers are examining the debris, and the equipment on the surrendered goblins.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
There are a couple of uniformed police officers next to a pile of Goblin armor that's been taken away from the attempted bank robbers. A crime scene technician is squatting down nearbye, carefully examining the miscellaneous equipment and sorting it into various piles. She sees you heroes coming and straightens up quickly, removing the glove on her right hand before offering it to both of you. "Honor to meet both of you! I've examined both of your work before!" She says "I actually was scheduled to testify at your trial before well, you know, happened. But still, an admirer of both of you."

She gestures to the equipment below her "I'm afraid I can't really let you touch anything, but I suppose it couldn't hurt for you to take a look right? I mean, you did already punch a lot of this stuff. Captain Stacey always wants to make sure things are by the book as possible in these cases though."

Up close it's obvious that the Goblin equipment is low budget. Parts of it are simply army surplus recolored to fit in theme. Other parts like the blaster are patched together from consumer parts that have been combined and rewired by someone technically profficient. Finally some of it, like the Pumpkin Bomb, appears to be the genuine article, like something the Green Goblin or Kingsley would have made.

• Locked thread