Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played this about 10 years ago, and made it up to the second main area. i remember it being a pretty fun CRPG with interesting character building, and decent quest lines / map design, but for some reason never came back to it.

anyone ever played this thing all the way through?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thank God man. We all were in the private Pimps Only steam chat group being like, "Do you guys think Sector_Corrector will ever give Divine Divinity (2003) another chance? He came down really hard on it the first time but it really does deserve a fair shake."

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

Thank God man. We all were in the private Pimps Only steam chat group being like, "Do you guys think Sector_Corrector will ever give Divine Divinity (2003) another chance? He came down really hard on it the first time but it really does deserve a fair shake."

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imp zone steam chat is a very cut throats place

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ignore the trolls OP. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Divine Divinity.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Ignore the trolls OP. I'd love to hear your thoughts on Divine Divinity.

Hell, me too. I'm really digging Original Sin and am curious about the older games.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i bought a bundle with divine divinity and the sequel, beyond divinity, for like $2 in a bargain bin.

in beyond divinity, there were a lot of neutral animals - cats, dogs, livestock, whatever - wandering around. if you clicked on them once (or misclicked while trying to move), the game would ask if you if you were sure you wanted to attack them. if you ever clicked on any member of the same species again, you would attack it without a prompt, instantly and permanently making all members of that species attack you on sight.

the last, critical part is something that i only realized several hours after entering permanent war with every cat in the game.

i did not finish beyond divinity.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

i bought a bundle with divine divinity and the sequel, beyond divinity, for like $2 in a bargain bin.

in beyond divinity, there were a lot of neutral animals - cats, dogs, livestock, whatever - wandering around. if you clicked on them once (or misclicked while trying to move), the game would ask if you if you were sure you wanted to attack them. if you ever clicked on any member of the same species again, you would attack it without a prompt, instantly and permanently making all members of that species attack you on sight.

the last, critical part is something that i only realized several hours after entering permanent war with every cat in the game.

Lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sounds cool lol. I have divinity 2 but never beat it. I want to get through Original Sin before OS2 comes out but I'm trying to convince a friend to buy it so we can co op it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have Original Sin and that Dragon Divinity one as well I think but they kinda bored me at first so I gave up on them but I might try them again sometime.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the graphical shaders didn't work with my shitbox computer, despite it being a 12 year old game. none of the shadows worked right, and they all had this bizarre iridescent rainbow hue. i tried to fix it for an hour or so, and couldn't, so i gave up and had to get a steam refund. i remember liking the game a lot, and really wanted a CRPG to dive into, but, well...

sorry everyone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Topic locked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

F

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I have Original Sin and that Dragon Divinity one as well I think but they kinda bored me at first so I gave up on them but I might try them again sometime.

Original Sin took me a long time to get into as well but it's insanely good once it clicks with you. Make sure you make a magic character so you can do epic poo poo like teleporting all your enemies one by one into a nearby lava pit.

Dragon Commander I've only played a few hours of but it seems like a C+ kinda game, something I want to come back to one day but it's pretty low on the list.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah OS lets you do some cool stuff with magic and strategizing fights before you get into them in terms of positioning and environmental hazards. The first act is just extremely dense and the murder mystery is not easy to get through

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

Divine Divinity is incredibly cool when you get through the first dungeon. Beyond Divinity was made on the cheap to save the company and Sven from Larian openly says it loving sucks and nobody should ever play it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Divine Divinity is incredibly cool when you get through the first dungeon. Beyond Divinity was made on the cheap to save the company and Sven from Larian openly says it loving sucks and nobody should ever play it

that's epic

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sven is a really good guy. He's so open and honest about everything even when he probably shouldn't be

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Divine Divinity is incredibly cool when you get through the first dungeon.

Yeah you're in that first dungeon under the starter town for a couple of hours and then it spits you out into the world map and you really don't encounter anything like that again for quite a while. I played it years ago but didn't finish it, it was fun

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-Euro posted:

Yeah you're in that first dungeon under the starter town for a couple of hours and then it spits you out into the world map and you really don't encounter anything like that again for quite a while. I played it years ago but didn't finish it, it was fun

i was really pumped to play it, but alas

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Might as well give Hitler another chance OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Topic locked.