Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Her weight shifts and her head tilts the other way. "That covers your whole body?" she pushes back. She does step closer, and seems to focus on the pocket dimension "Interesting trick. Impresses at cocktail parties?" she queries.

"You're not the only one," Cherenkov says, some of her defensiveness dropping away now that she's established boundaries. "I fought Shrike once," Cherenkov says. "We were both going after the same piece of lab equipment." A pause, and the mask angles up and down. "I wouldn't have thought you were her type."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Basic application answers are complete. I'll be answering on some of the general bonus questions when I can, feeling pretty under the weather and taking things one step at a time.

EDIT: Round 1 general questions added in as well.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 26, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Platonicsolid posted:

Her weight shifts and her head tilts the other way. "That covers your whole body?" she pushes back. She does step closer, and seems to focus on the pocket dimension "Interesting trick. Impresses at cocktail parties?" she queries.

"You're not the only one," Cherenkov says, some of her defensiveness dropping away now that she's established boundaries. "I fought Shrike once," Cherenkov says. "We were both going after the same piece of lab equipment." A pause, and the mask angles up and down. "I wouldn't have thought you were her type."

Armiger laughs, "Not quite. I might have to figure a few more things out before we get to know each other that well." The small hole opens up by his arm once more as he tosses the box back inside. In the brief moment before it closes back up, a seemingly endless array of guns are visible. He shrugs, "It'd be good for winning a bar bet or two — I can, in fact, pull a rocket launcher out of nowhere — but it's not like I'm always geared up when I go drinking. Not like I'm the type who gets invited to fancy shindigs anyways, right?"

He sighs and tries to massage his temples, only to plink off the transparent helmet, "Yeah, Shrike's a real tough son of a bitch. I'm picking up on her moves and I'll settle the score eventually, but she's always got her groupies backing her up. I'm equipped like a one-man army, sure, but I'm not about to go and pick that kind of fight. Not sure what her deal is. Once or twice might be a coincidence, but she's definitely got it in for me. How about you? Any super-powered assholes dogging your every move?"

Armiger pauses for a moment, looking at Cherenkov, then focusing specifically on the mask, "Is that breather just for looks? It's working for you, don't get me wrong, but that seems like the sort of thing that just screams 'shoot me here and I'll suffocate!'" Armiger shakes his head, then grins. "I suppose that head shots are always a classic."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Tricky posted:

Armiger laughs, "Not quite. I might have to figure a few more things out before we get to know each other that well." The small hole opens up by his arm once more as he tosses the box back inside. In the brief moment before it closes back up, a seemingly endless array of guns are visible. He shrugs, "It'd be good for winning a bar bet or two — I can, in fact, pull a rocket launcher out of nowhere — but it's not like I'm always geared up when I go drinking. Not like I'm the type who gets invited to fancy shindigs anyways, right?"

He sighs and tries to massage his temples, only to plink off the transparent helmet, "Yeah, Shrike's a real tough son of a bitch. I'm picking up on her moves and I'll settle the score eventually, but she's always got her groupies backing her up. I'm equipped like a one-man army, sure, but I'm not about to go and pick that kind of fight. Not sure what her deal is. Once or twice might be a coincidence, but she's definitely got it in for me. How about you? Any super-powered assholes dogging your every move?"

Armiger pauses for a moment, looking at Cherenkov, then focusing specifically on the mask, "Is that breather just for looks? It's working for you, don't get me wrong, but that seems like the sort of thing that just screams 'shoot me here and I'll suffocate!'" Armiger shakes his head, then grins. "I suppose that head shots are always a classic."

"You have the gift for understatement," replies Cherenkov. She straightens up with a slight ah, "Very useful. I could use that tech. You'll have to give me an overview sometime."

"Shrike's greatest power is her effective leadership. The Electricians can serve as an example to the rest of us - you can get a lot done when you're not constantly backstabbing each other," she says. "Not that I've ever had that *particular* problem."

The suited young woman stretches a black gloved hand up and taps on her breather. "It's for you," she replies. "All of you. Highly radioactive breath," she explains. "The mask filters it and captures the contaminants. I could poison a room in just a few minutes without it," she says. That masked face shakes its head. "Murder methods don't usually make a great introduction," she advises.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
UPDATES!

The last round of questions was updated to replace Anathema with Su-Mi, with her round 1 questions included and partnering her up with Saint Malagant for mini RP fun times.

I would like for all current apps to be finished by this Sunday but if people need more time I don't mind pushing the deadline back a little.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Su-Mi clearly you're magical in some form or another, (what even is 'Pastel Sorcery'?) what do you know of the armaments you wield? Where did they come from? How do they work? What are their weaknesses and what is the easiest way to smash you into the dirt beneath my heel? (What do you mean I'm not aloud to ask that? Ugh, fine!) is there any place that your powers don't work? In the sense that a higher power is suppressing you? How would you overcome such a disadvantage?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

What was the Platinum Realm exactly? And where did it go?

"Scholars do fail before the truth of memory. The Platinum Realm was real, a magical community that colonized every planet in the system. They looked over humanity as well, and helped ensure a paradise born of magic and dreams... until Dark Queen Onyxinnia attacked from her Kingdom of Gloom. It was destroyed by her grim hand, but they still managed to bind Onyxinnia away... until a magical weapon in the Division War awoke her. Still, the will of the Silver Realm lived on in its magical artifacts, which found us, carrying on its will of vengeance. Most of the ruins are hidden away from naked eyes, but those chosen by a magical decoration can see them clearly... and I have several, now. There are tales of survivors, but... they are likely just echoes, dreams passed down through the sea of magic. I...

... I've lost my home. Exaggeration? How can anyone be so heartless?"

So where is Onyxinnia right now?

"I destroyed her. I wouldn't be trying to rebuild the world anew if she could just threaten it again. The Millennium Bride form was made to destroy her, and that's what it did.

But some of her lieutenants escaped... it's probably nothing to worry about. Rats fleeing a burning building, no more or less dangerous than any of the other "villains" in this world, but... perhaps one might try to revive her. Maybe somebody with untold negative emotion who was present, but was there anybody like that? There were others, but I've tried to forget. Why did I do that? Seems slightly foolish, now... what do you know to ask such things, 'Cutie Pie Princess Four One'? Why are you trying to throw shade over my greatest victory? Jealous?"

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Su-Mi clearly you're magical in some form or another, (what even is 'Pastel Sorcery'?) what do you know of the armaments you wield? Where did they come from? How do they work? What are their weaknesses and what is the easiest way to smash you into the dirt beneath my heel? (What do you mean I'm not aloud to ask that? Ugh, fine!) is there any place that your powers don't work? In the sense that a higher power is suppressing you? How would you overcome such a disadvantage?

"Of course I'm magical. Not in the sense of a wizard's equations or a witch's alchemy, but instead, as the Millennium Bride, I am a magical being. Using sorcery is part of who I am... using it to enhance my weapons or shield, punish foes with elegant light, cast enchantments and beguilements, create simple items as I wish, bind evil, and with enough power, I can perform greater feats, but it would leave me greatly drained.

My shield is Tarian Angelic, and it may punish those who strike it by returning their attack back upon them. Gynau Priodas, my armor, in addition to being a bulwark against mundane harm, protects against violations of the spirit or mind. The lance is Rosin Picell, and it can strike at the root's of a monster's existence, harming even those who think themselves immune to pain or death. Maybe even a 'god', though... I've never faced a god. At least, not a parasite like the one that clings to your sort.

And such a transparent gambit. But I suppose it's no secret that I do require ambient magic to perform my feats, so I would be limited in of Fuseon's anti-magic laboratory environments, or a binding seal that locked off external mana. I would still have whatever I have stored up, of course. If I didn't have magic... I might even revert to my former form. I could reliniquish my power of my own will, of course, and return to my larval state as a simple human, but I can't imagine ever being so... dumb. This is awwwwesome, right?"

and so:

Saint Malagant: "A simple question: what would cause you to lose your faith, or at the very least, your loyalty to your god? Are you really dutiful, or is your binding all that keeps you in line?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Saint Malagant: "A simple question: what would cause you to lose your faith, or at the very least, your loyalty to your god? Are you really dutiful, or is your binding all that keeps you in line?"

"Do not think me so disloyal or petty. I server the gods out of faith... I'll admit, it's off putting to be enslaved like this. But I can only presume that the task the gods have for me is so dangerous and testing that anyone of lesser faith would have been broken. After all, I'm still serving my gods. If it had turned out that the things we worshipped were not the gods, but something posing as them, it would likely rock the church to the core. I know I'd be questioning my beliefs. If I were to be honest, my faith is strong, but I don't care who you are. If you betray me then I'm going to make you pay for it. God or no, Imses is going to regret putting me under this curse mark. And after I'm done smashing him into the floor. I'll go back to worship. Just because I defeated a god, doesn't make them not still a god.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
:siren: TheNabster :siren:

Casey app is done!!!!!!!!!

A guy who loves the sound of his own voice so much he just won't ever shut up posted:

"You know Genesis? Of course you do, everyone knows Genesis, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who didn't know about Genesis. You know them, and one member in particular stands out in your mind. Who are they?"

I had a poster of them up on my wall when I was a little thing! You know the shot where they're all standing next to that stupid big statue? Yeah, that one! I wanted to go get it signed but before I could I had that whole 'collapse and be a vegetable for years and years' thing happen so, best laid plans and that. Mice and men. And I probably can't get anything signed now since I'm trying to sign up with you guys. …unless we go and steal one that's already been signed! Man, that would be so cool! I had such a crush on Dalahäst, are they still working now or what? Man, I should actually check up on that stuff.

…what? Dalahäst. You know, Dala Horse? The one that could make little tiny wooden things come to life? How do you not know Dalahäst!? The one single coolest member of Genesis! Oh my gosh, do you not know anything? Why am I even bothering filling out all these forms to join somewhere that doesn't know how cool Dalahäst is. So lame.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

App is done!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"We keep getting people coming in! Maybe if I opened a school instead I would have twice as many, oh well. The dance moves on, we move to the dawn of the final day."

ROUND 1 ULTIMAX DELUXE HD-REMIX - THE THIRD

Casey, The Rogue

Ticktox Springwind asks, "Aha! Uplander does much fancysearch in the timestreams like Ticktox does, mutual personfriend uplander is. But timestreams are very muchly difficult, tricksy even, you make one tiny misstep and there are much booms and bangs and you suddenly become own grandfather, really embarrassing for family reunions yes? But when you have the way of the future in front of you, and you see bigchances to maybe make one thing in hurly burly of modern world right it gets much tempting yes? Did uplander ever try even once to influence something bad to good with her powers? Did it go badwrong for uplander?

TheNabster asks, "If you could stop poking holes in that 4th wall for a moment thanks, I want wring a somewhat serious answer out of you. Do you actually want to do this? From the way you sound it really seems like being constant aware of every single thing that could happen; has happened, may happen, won't happen, will never happen or possibly just happened right now seems like a pretty crummy place to be even with your supercomputer brain but you seem to also be enjoying all the power it gives you at the same time. Would you have preferred a normal uneventful life to this one? If you could give it all up tomorrow and walk away with no strings attached, would you?

Moonbeam, The Hood

Generic NPC 3 asks, "Interesting, it says here you have both a heroic identity AND a super-heroic sibling at the same time, and you are also a supervillain, a magical princess, a rebellious punk and a doormat how do you juggle so many responsibilities all in the same day? But on a more serious note I heard the Heroes of Harmony have quite the strict vetting process on the heroes that enter its care to, well, prevent your current situation from happening really, and no doubt your sister would be trying to keep an eye on you to ensure your safety. So how have you kept them and your sister from finding out about your real life so far?

Mostly-Magical Knife Princess Moonie asks, "Magical girling is the realest hustle sister you don't have to tell me it ain't. But I know for certain no one makes magical girls if there wasn't some sort of magical threat they were meant to squash, I mean did you see that space princess? She had to fight an evil dark queen for her job and that was her lot, and all I have to deal with is evil vegetables, it sucks. Who is the enemy of your particular line of the magical girl family? Have you ever met them? Do you even care?

EXTRAVILLAINOUS ICE-BREAKING MK.2

Team Riot Grrrls - Casey and Moonbeam. On the left, rebellious teenage time travel robot. On the right rebellious teenage magical princess. Good on ya. Mind the busted chairs we had blood knight Valkyrie and the man with the world's worst impulse control in the same room. I'm gonna need to redecorate.

---

"We are approaching the end of the show. Remember deadline is for new apps is this sunday, the 29th of January and overall deadline will be on January the 30th at-"
*Rrrrrrrrrring*
Deep intakes of breath
"One moment." He picks up the phone. "Bossanova"
"®•¥™÷÷€®°"
"Yes, yes it's all on schedule I promi-
"®^¥``π°×∆¢"
"What? You're delaying the commencement of picks? To Febuary the 3rd?"
"\®™=^$`π×[∆π"
"Nonononono, no questions from me sir no questions at all. The new deadline for all apps to be finishes will be Febuary the 3rd."

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 28, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Finished the optional questions with the little bit of extra time.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Dude who needs elocution lessons posted:

Ticktox Springwind asks, "Aha! Uplander does much fancysearch in the timestreams like Ticktox does, mutual personfriend uplander is. But timestreams are very muchly difficult, tricksy even, you make one tiny misstep and there are much booms and bangs and you suddenly become own grandfather, really embarrassing for family reunions yes? But when you have the way of the future in front of you, and you see bigchances to maybe make one thing in hurly burly of modern world right it gets much tempting yes? Did uplander ever try even once to influence something bad to good with her powers? Did it go badwrong for uplander?

Umm. My brain is like, half a computer and I still don't know what this is saying. Hang on, I think I have a Yoda translator on my phone somewhere…

Ah, cool. Okay. Never try to change anything like that, it just blows up in your face. I've found that when you do anything that ain't just total self serving jerk city kinda stuff, you end up making Godzilla vice-president. See, when it's stuff mostly only with you being the thing that gets time'd, you can react to after effects and kinda work around the worst of it. Like, you know, you get yourself ready to get punched in the stomach and then getting punched in the stomach isn't so bad. Which, btw, I can't do anymore because my stomach got replaced by some robot stuff.

If you're trying to get a story, I think the biggest sort of 'don't mess with time!' thing I got is, like, a couple weeks after I woke up and saw all the times for the first time. I was still starry eyed and all that, and I thought I could be just like Dalahäst. You know, from Genesis? No, not the band! The superheroes! I wanted to go and be a hero like that, so I tried to time thingy back and stop that time those evil aliens crash landed in the middle of Harmonia. Except that by doing that I just knocked those aliens out into Riavell somewhere and they became magical evil aliens and they put Harmonia in a bubble and floated the whole city up into space! So to fix that I had to go back and punch myself in the back of the face to stop me doing anything in the first place! Seriously, don't mess with time!

Who do you think you are my dad? posted:

TheNabster asks, "If you could stop poking holes in that 4th wall for a moment thanks, I want wring a somewhat serious answer out of you. Do you actually want to do this? From the way you sound it really seems like being constant aware of every single thing that could happen; has happened, may happen, won't happen, will never happen or possibly just happened right now seems like a pretty crummy place to be even with your supercomputer brain but you seem to also be enjoying all the power it gives you at the same time. Would you have preferred a normal uneventful life to this one? If you could give it all up tomorrow and walk away with no strings attached, would you?

Somewhat serious? Let me get my somewhat serious hat on!

To have an uneventful life I'd need a different brain, right? Since this brain is all riddled with time stuff. And if I had a different brain, I wouldn't be me! It'd be some other jerk in my body. That's just science. So what you're really asking in a somewhat serious way is would I want another brain! And to thee I say nay! My life now might not be perfect, and I might be mostly a robot, but from what I remember my time before I ended up pretty much dead in hospital sucked. Like, maybe seeing every time thing ever at once isn't the best thing but it's better than not seeing it. If I didn't have these magic purple flashy eyes then I wouldn't be able to see when I was about to trip over something and look like an idiot and then not do that! I can't tell you how many ways I'd look like an idiot if I couldn't see myself ahead of time and stop it. I'd die of embarrassment. Do you want to condemn me to die from embarrassment? Huh? Because that's what you're really asking here.

Guy locking me in a room posted:

Team Riot Grrrls - Casey and Moonbeam. On the left, rebellious teenage time travel robot. On the right rebellious teenage magical princess. Good on ya. Mind the busted chairs we had blood knight Valkyrie and the man with the world's worst impulse control in the same room. I'm gonna need to redecorate.

Casey sits up on one of the chairs, leaning elbows first on the table and staring deep into Moonbeam's soul. Slowly, a hand drifts to Casey's face and slips the sunglasses down from her eyes. The flashy purple of her eyes twinkle towards Moonbeam, and the corners of Casey's mouth twist into a frown as she starts to speak. "Hi." She growls. "How are you doing?" She snarls. "My name's Casey. What's yours, Moonbeam?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

quote:

Generic NPC 3 asks, "Interesting, it says here you have both a heroic identity AND a super-heroic sibling at the same time, and you are also a supervillain, a magical princess, a rebellious punk and a doormat how do you juggle so many responsibilities all in the same day? But on a more serious note I heard the Heroes of Harmony have quite the strict vetting process on the heroes that enter its care to, well, prevent your current situation from happening really, and no doubt your sister would be trying to keep an eye on you to ensure your safety. So how have you kept them and your sister from finding out about your real life so far?

Is it really that hard? I wouldn't know. I got in through a little thing they call ~nepotism~.

My sister may be young, but she holds a lot of power and influence, what with her being an actual princess (What? Did you think it was just a title?), and saving the world multiple times. She just walked in on the committee, told them to let me in, and just like that, I became part of the Heroes of Harmonia. No tests, no psychological evaluations, no screening process, nothing. One word from my big sis, and that was it. I was in.

I should probably mention she did all that behind my back, without asking me if I even wanted to join first.

Anyways, you'd think that'd make living my "real life" harder, right? It might have... if Luna wasn't the dullest hero around. Luna's secret super power is that she's so forgettable that everybody forgets that she's even around most of the time. She could disappear for a week, and nobody would notice. I even fought MY OWN drat TEAM once, and they didn't notice Luna was missing from the fight!

As for my sister? She's too busy smelling her own drat farts to keep an eye on me. She doesn't give a drat about what I do as long as I don't cause any trouble.

So, to answer your question, I've kept them from finding out by being as "boring" and "forgettable" as possible as Luna. As long as they keep forgetting she exists, I'm free to be my real self.

quote:

Mostly-Magical Knife Princess Moonie asks, "Magical girling is the realest hustle sister you don't have to tell me it ain't. But I know for certain no one makes magical girls if there wasn't some sort of magical threat they were meant to squash, I mean did you see that space princess? She had to fight an evil dark queen for her job and that was her lot, and all I have to deal with is evil vegetables, it sucks. Who is the enemy of your particular line of the magical girl family? Have you ever met them? Do you even care?

He's called the Knight of Knightmares and he's supposed to be a big deal, I guess? I dunno. Never actually met the guy. I've only fought his shadow nightmare creature thingies. My sister's the one who fought with him several times, and she's always going on about him being some kinda cosmic threat or some poo poo, and some crap about how he took our family's kingdom from us or whatever and blah blah blah I don't give a poo poo.

I used to care, once, a long time ago, but I really don't anymore. So he took our throne, so what? Let him have it. Why the hell does it concern me? Who cares about some magical kingdom or whatever? I bet it sucks! The whole "destined enemies" crap is bullshit, anyways.

Let my sister deal with him, he's not my drat problem.

quote:

Moonbeam kicks her feet up on the table, leans back on her chair, and puts her hands behind her head. She grins at Casey, and says, "Hey. I'm doin' great, thanks for asking! Are you asking for my "real" name? Sorry, but that's private information. Althouuuuuughhh," Moonbeam takes her feet off the table, and leans in closer to Casey, "I can be... persuaded to tell you, over, say, dinner?" Her grin grows even wider, "Whaddya say? You up for a fun night on the town?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Again in her super scary villain voice, Casey replies with a smile. "No worries, I'm glad to hear it." …she didn't really get the whole intimidating bad guy villain thing yet.

"Yeah! Well, a name. Real name or a fake name or, like, a saucy sobriquet. Not picky." Casey continues to smile and shrugs, playing with her sunglasses on the tabletop. "Just not your super duper superhero name or whatevs. Those are so lame, you know? Like when someone goes an' changes their birth certificate so they're legally AlexZander Von BauBear, yeah? Just picking out something they think is way cool, but it's never way cool!" She seems very emphatic on her point.

"Dinner!" Casey exclaims, leaning about two feet further across the table than she should have. "I don't have a stomach anymore so there's not a lot of point, but sure!" She agrees, her eyes flashing several shades of purple while she agrees. Her smile drops into a somewhat pensive expressions. "Hmm. Don't punch any clowns when we're out that night, okay?" She tells Moonbeam. "And don't order hamburgs."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Robodog posted:

"Yeah! Well, a name. Real name or a fake name or, like, a saucy sobriquet. Not picky." Casey continues to smile and shrugs, playing with her sunglasses on the tabletop. "Just not your super duper superhero name or whatevs. Those are so lame, you know? Like when someone goes an' changes their birth certificate so they're legally AlexZander Von BauBear, yeah? Just picking out something they think is way cool, but it's never way cool!" She seems very emphatic on her point.

"Uh, yea. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but having a supervillain name is kinda important, y'know? It shows ya mean business. Nobody's going to take you seriously if you call yourself, I dunno, Ted or Chuck or some poo poo like that," also Moonbeam happens to think her name is very cool, thank you very much, "But whatever. Arguing about names is boring. If you really want a "name," I guess you can call me, uh..." She spins her own pair of sunglasses around with one finger, as she takes a moment to think of a name, "...You can call me Moonie. Does that work for you?"

quote:

"Dinner!" Casey exclaims, leaning about two feet further across the table than she should have. "I don't have a stomach anymore so there's not a lot of point, but sure!" She agrees, her eyes flashing several shades of purple while she agrees. Her smile drops into a somewhat pensive expressions. "Hmm. Don't punch any clowns when we're out that night, okay?" She tells Moonbeam. "And don't order hamburgs."

Moonbeam grins widely at Casey's response, "Great! I can tell we're both going to get along reaaaaaaaalllly wel- wait. Clowns? Why clowns? Do you, like, have a thing for them or something?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Tardzilla posted:

"Uh, yea. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but having a supervillain name is kinda important, y'know? It shows ya mean business. Nobody's going to take you seriously if you call yourself, I dunno, Ted or Chuck or some poo poo like that," also Moonbeam happens to think her name is very cool, thank you very much, "But whatever. Arguing about names is boring. If you really want a "name," I guess you can call me, uh..." She spins her own pair of sunglasses around with one finger, as she takes a moment to think of a name, "...You can call me Moonie. Does that work for you?"

"Wait, is it?" Casey seems somewhat blindsided. "But I already put down my name as Casey! I don't want people to think I'm just a joke or something." She huffs, kicking out with her feet and leaning back in her chair. "Okay. Fine. Just stay here." Casey asks Moonbeam, and her eyes flash yet more purple as she focuses deeply on going back those precious few minutes to when she was still filling in forms…

"Okay!" She beams. "Totally not just Casey anymore. I am in knee deep in super serious villain stuff now." Her own secret name sorted out, she nods emphatically at her opposite number. "Moonie is awesome!" She smiles. "Casey and Moonie! Team Riot Grrrls! Ready to rough up jerks who are walking real slow on the sidewalk and smoke cigarettes in public indoor areas! Watch out Harmonia."

Tardzilla posted:

Moonbeam grins widely at Casey's response, "Great! I can tell we're both going to get along reaaaaaaaalllly wel- wait. Clowns? Why clowns? Do you, like, have a thing for them or something?"

Casey DARK STORM MEGA KILLER MK.III shakes her head. "No, clowns are funny! I ain't got no probs with no clowns." She corrects Moonie. "It's just all the clowns out when we're out on the night on the town will be undercover cops trying to capture the insidious Harmonia clown killer." Despite how it might sound, Casey looks deadly serious. "So one of them is super going to annoy you and make me drop my ice-cream cone, and then you're going to punch him. But punching an undercover cop gets some super guys onto us real quick! The, um, you know the one with the eyes? The big eyes. Him and his sidekick. So it kinda ruins the night out." Casey goes slightly crosseyed as she tried to follow along with that very faint ghost of a potential maybe future, but nods when she is fairly sure she got it mostly right.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

My Radical is finished!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805862&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post468668742

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Everyone always has trouble with the start of things.
Things like, how does the snowplow driver get to work, that sort of things. If we all came from stardust, where did the stardust come from?
What changes the nature of a man?

Most of those questions actually have answers if you know where to look, but here in Flashback FM we wish to pose you, dear listener, a less well known question.

Six young super-villains from differing walks of life were pulled together through means known and unknown and started the metaphorical ball rolling. A lot of things happened from that singular point, the curfews, the registration acts, the Jackals, the Movement, the Goblin Incident, the Great Inferno, it came to a cataclysmic head almost as quickly as it started and the world, shook.

But how did it start? How did it happen? Who were these people? They weren't there one day, and they showed up the next, how do you plan for it, how do you account for it?

What happened in Harmonia on the 3rd of February 7:42 PM?

The truth of the matter is far stranger then the fiction

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number OST - Untitled

In a place beyond time there is a board, it is both a world, and a mirror of worlds, it has many pieces that seem to have a life of their own (which in fact they do) many moving pieces, many moving parts in the greatest city in the world. For this instance the mind's eye draws in and we see in a singular place, six pieces. These pieces on the board have the following names

Bloody Mary, The Scion - Played by YamiFenrir
Moonbeam, The Hood - Played by Tardzilla
The Puppetress, The Maniac - Played by Theantero
Garbage, The Monster - Played by Scrree
Casey Dark Storm Mega SuperHot Time Robot, The Rogue - Played by Robodog
Armiger, The Crook - Played by Tricky

The pieces will answer their relationship questions, their background questions, and their first caper questions as is the usual routine, but there are some additional questions that need establishing.

Who is in charge currently? (Vote for the first Mastermind)
Whose fault was this really? (Optional)
Are you going to crash at Bloody Mary's castle without her permission because she is the only one with a base? (Yes)

EDIT: Here's an influence sheet courtesy of Tricky

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 4, 2017

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Relationships

You want to earn the genuine trust of Moonie!!

She seems cool! I think we talked once in a spooky room controlled by a radio announcer when all of this group team stuff started, and she said we could go on a night on the town and get ice-cream! Totally worth it. But I don't think she really trusts me for some reason! I know she doesn't even want to tell me her real name! I just want to know so I have something not evil and villainous to call her by! I have to prove to her that I'm a real friend in need and a friend in deed.

You and Garbage!! used to be an item. It didn’t end well.

Woody seemed cool then I got eaten! I'm mostly a robot so it wasn't a huge deal, but it kinda crystallised that things weren't going to end well between us. It started kinda out of nowhere, she wasn't even on my purple time eyes when we first met. But she was so goopy and spunky! And that pink hair was totally cute, you know? But sometimes when all the time futures are saying something bad is going to happen, like really bad, you need to let your cute little birdy fly no matter how much you love her. Plus I think she was a little unhappy with the whole thing, and you can't just go about ignoring things like that in a healthy relationship. And even though we're not a thing anymore, I like to think we're still a healthy friendship.

Influence

You leave broken hearts and broken glass wherever you go, but you care more than you’d ever let on. Give three of your peers Influence on you. Bloody Mary, Garbage, Moonie!!!!!

During our first caper…

Someone got some very dangerous information that they could use on us. Who holds this information, and what kind of information is it?

So there we were, in the middle of an all-out gang war! Wizzards on the right, wizzards on the left. Cops on the way and super heroes flying around overhead. It was then that I knew I had to make a vital decision. There was an ice-cream cart across the street and I was going to get a waffle cone. There couldn't be anything bad with that, right? Didn't even need to purple time eyes anything. So I go there and I order chocolate mint and I start talking with the dude. :siren:¡¡¡¡AND THE GUY WHO SERVED THE ICE CREAM SAID HER NAME WAS WANTANABEA OR SOMETHING!!!:siren: Chat about why there was a magic fireworks show going on across the road and everything. And well you know me, so it was totally accurate future information like the kind I gave the team to do the job. 100% on the money and faultless. So this ice-cream guy basically knows who we all are and what we were trying to do with that gang thing? But she seemed like a cool guy, so I don't think we need to worry about it.

Are you going to crash at Bloody Mary's castle without her permission because she is the only one with a base?

She's probably cool with it! I think I even got invited over before!

Whose fault was this really?

Moonie said to blame her so it's totally Moonie's fault for some reason!

Who is in charge currently?

I can totally see the outcomes of how the voting goes already so I know it doesn't matter who I vote for! One of the puppets Puppetress plays with or whatever!

Robodog fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 7, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

quote:

Are you going to crash at Bloody Mary's castle without her permission because she is the only one with a base? (Yes)

Jokes on you, I'm giving them permission as long as they don't smash it to bits.

quote:

I sure as hell don't care enough, knock yourself out Armiger. Literally, if you don't mind. Before I do it.

quote:

Influence
You pretend to be all business, but without your old support network, you rely on this lot more than you want to. Give two of your peers Influence over you.

Armiger and Casey. My two partners in crime. Of course I care slightly more about them over the others.

quote:

You and Casey were known as a villainous duo before this alliance got started.

See, the problem with these other idiots that they all won't shut up. Garbage about... well, garbage, Puppetress about her dumb loving puppets, Moonbeam, about... well loving everything, and Armiger about his loving guns and girls and gunslinger girls or whatever.

Casey? She talks about how to get poo poo done. And that's great. I ended up inviting her to "get away from these blabbering idiots" and it just evolved from there.

quote:

Moonbeam knew you before you had your falling out your predecessor.

Look, I don't know WHAT loving magical girl she is, because those apparently grow on trees these days, given their number. But she's one, and like EVERY bloody one of those, she started as a hero. So obviously she'd know a big name like the Valks.

quote:

During our first caper…
For some reason we stuck around with each other even after the job was done. Why? And how did we stay in contact?

Well, we all still needed money, right? And the more, the merrier, they say. And it sure helps if a loving minicop squad of teenage heroes shows up and just overwhelms you with sheer numbers. So I invited them all to hang out in my castle.

... I kinda expected them to leave after we got some money.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 4, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Relationships

quote:

Bloody Mary knew you first as the Other, but hasn’t made the connection.

Ahahaha, Mary!? The fricking Valkyrie girl!? She's a villain AND a vampire now!? Hahaha holy poo poo!

Yea, I knew her back when she was a "hero." We even teamed up a couple of times, kinda. Okay, it was more like she'd beat the poo poo out of people, and I'd just watch.

I've always looked up to her, and now we're teaming up again! I can't wait to see the amount of mayhem we'll be able to cause together, haha!

quote:

You know that Casey has been snooping around trying to uncover your secret identity.

As far as I know, Casey doesn't actually care about my secret identity, all she wants to know is my "real" name. I guess Moonie isn't enough for her? I could tell her, but something tells me that would just end up being a reaaaaaaaalllly bad idea.

Influence

quote:

You find yourself taking after others almost instinctively, considering the void where your identity is. Give Influence to three of your peers.

Bloody Mary, Casey, Armiger

During our first caper…

quote:

We kidnapped someone really important, who knows our name and helped spread the word, inadvertently or not. Who was it? Why were they important?

Ahahaha! We sure did! We might have not gotten what we came for, but we did get a consolation prize in the tubby form of Fixer, the Sinner's main tech guy. He's apparently the guy who's responsible for creating all the high tech weaponry that they use, and now he's ours! Oh, they're going to be so mad when they find out he's missing, hahaha!

Where is he now? Oh, I stuffed tubby in the locker over there. Look! He think's he can actually get out! Hahahahaha!

quote:

I wasn't allowed to vote for myself, so I'm going to say Armiger! I like Mary and all, but she ain't exactly what I'd call "leadership" material. Armiger knows what's up, and he knows how to have some real fun around here!

quote:

Oh, oh, oh! Me! Me! Blame me!!! It was my fault!!!

quote:

Ahahahahaha like she has a choice!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 5, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

quote:

"Invade the home of a valkyrie? Oh, I'd never do anything so boorish! I'm quite happy living in my workshop unless invited to stay by lady Mary."

quote:

"Well, I am certainly in the charge of aesthetic! But the dreary details of organizing such a large villainous cadre I leave to Armiger. He has the sort of thuggish background that would give him experience in such matters, no?"

Relationships

quote:

You feel that Bloody Mary is your only true equal among your peers.

"Mary is of a very esteemed family with a rich history. And I must admit that I am rather honored to make her acquaintance."

quote:

You once got Moonbeam into big trouble with one of your schemes.

It was a beautiful sight. It really was. The Midnight Waltz was the most glamorous occasion in all of Harmonia that October after all, and The Puppetress would not settle for anything but the best when crashing such an extensively documented occasion. The chorus of screams as her dolls danced and danced with the cream of the city (now of course, making them dance with her creations had taken some convincing. At spearpoint) and the baleful gleam of the lightshow that Moonbeam had provided for her casting an impeccable sort of contrast between the show itself and the starry sky forming a grand spectacle for all the senses. Yes. It was all going to plan. That is, until her show was disrupted by a clownish sort of cackle and her dolls started to careen off their intended paths into walls and tables and just generally making a huge undignified mess.

And up above, unseen and unheard, a scowling man regarded a doll of straw with a bit of moonstone for eyes. He turned it around in his hands for a bit, and then stabbed it with a needle of glowing green hue...

"Now honestly dear, I cannot in good faith be blamed!" Margaret paced about her workshop, with Moonbeam sitting on a bench, "Indeed, it was basically inconceivable for those two to attend! For I am almost perfectly certain neither of them knows how to dance!" She sat opposite of the girl and sipped some tea in an indignant huff, "But yes. Ahh..." she reached a hand towards the girl, grimaced, and retrieved it. "But uhm, yes, it does seem you're cursed. Nothing too major though! He's just entangled himself to your power, so he can home in on you if you're using it too much. Which, frankly, I doubt will be an issue since that amount of power usage is bound to get us noticed anyway."

She smiled sweetly. "Besides, I can see it untangling already. I doubt it'll stay longer than two weeks! So no true harm done, yes."

"...Fancy some tea?"

Influence

quote:

You rely on others to get what you need, because ultimately you can’t hack it on your own. Give three others Influence over you.

Garbage
"Oh the poor dear. She deserves so much better than what she has. I'm determined to prove to her that she can be beautiful too."

Bloody Mary
"I wonder if she'd allow me to make her an outfit?"

Armiger
"Hm. He's certainly a sort useful to keep around in this line of work. Someone who has a better understanding of the seedier side of the city than yours truly."

During our first Caper

quote:

Something did not go according to plan and threw everything into chaos, What was it?

"Oh, such a mess that one was. Just as too many cooks spoil a broth and too many strings leave behind nothing but tangle, so do too many actors spoil a show. Hmph. No structure, no nothing. The beautifully planned scene of Armiger confronting his enemies for their transgression whilst flanked with his allies, my perfect set of tense drama, all ruined and devolved into a droll free-for-all by the vagaries of fate", Margaret scowled, and fixed her hair for a bit, "But let it not be said that The Puppetress is not imaginative! I was confident that with some effort I could get good shots even in a difficult milieu like that, and with Mary, Garbage, Moonbeam and all the dolls I took to act as enforcers we certainly had more than enough flash to make the best of it."

"It's just, ahh, that when one side brings in the destructive magics, there's always the risk of escalation, yes? The others have told you of the resultant fire already."

"I did get this one beautiful scene of a Sinner duelist locking blades with several of my dolls against a backdrop of flame though. Absolutely gorgeous! So I suppose this whole effort wasn't a total loss."

quote:

Whose fault was this really?

"Heavens! I'm not some idle gossip who casts blame on others behind their backs!" Margaret glanced around conspiratorially, and then smiled faintly as she continued in hushed tones "Even though it is a fact that most of the bigger spells only started to get cast after Moonbeam went all out with her powers. Not that I think ill of her because of that, of course not! Her powers are always a joy to look at after all."

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 4, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

During our first caper…

quote:

We didn’t get the goods in the end. What was the job, and who (or what) screwed it up before you got your mitts on the haul?

Alright, poo poo. It was a gang thing. I'd slipped a tracker on Shrike the last time we rumbled and it pointed the way straight to this warehouse that her and the Sinners had been using to store their hauls. Normally this is poor form, but gently caress those guys. They've been starting to put the hurt on the Breakers and I'm not about to let them do that poo poo for free. Figured we could make a little example of things, you know?

So Casey does her weirdo future vision and tells us when to strike. No skin off my nose. It's not like I wanted to rumble the place when Shrike and her team were there. The score would be message enough. Well, here's what she didn't tell us. She managed to pick a time that not only had them all there and ready for blood, there was even a rival gang moving in on 'em! Have you ever seen twenty or so hedge wizards throwing curses at each other? That's some poo poo right there.

We might have still pulled it off, but their little turf war lit the warehouse up like a bonfire.

Bloody Mary's View posted:

See, as much as I'd love to live on blood and battle, even someone like me needs money. And turns out, the others needed money too. And Armiger's old gang always has that beef with... what was the gang again? gently caress if I remember. I can only Remember Shrike. Don't care enough. You know, those guys. They have money, we need money, the solution is obvious, right?

Well, turns out, we stumbled onto a miniature gang war when some other gang tried to do the same. So they had all their loving goons there. And their supers. And they were evacuating the money.

I mean, it was a bloody awesome fight, but the only money we got is what we punched out of people's pocket.

Relationships

quote:

The Puppetress holds some kind of debt over your head you’re itching to pay off.

She's a little too posh for my tastes, but she's got some chops. Weirdo, magic puppet chops. Have you ever evac'd off a seventy-story building's roof by way of a flotilla of crazy-rear end magic puppets? It's not so bad. The corp strike team that was trying to ventilate me while I did it? That was bad. Anyways, long story short, I owe her big. She never really says anything about it, not directly, but I can see that secret little smile she's so fond of. That weird, strangely attractive smile. Uh. Sorry, what? I got a little distracted. Oh yeah. Life debt. There's a code to it all, you know? I'm not going to be happy until I've pulled her rear end outta the fire. Or, you know, outta that dress. No dolls though, I never really understood people who like an audience.

quote:

Both you and Bloody Mary share a side-venture together you haven’t shared with the others.

Hell yeah. Mary decided to tag along when I was doing a sweep through the slums. Nothing big, you know, just keeping an eye on things and seeing how the Breakers were doing. It was all pretty routine until some new boys decided to make a move on the Breakers while we were all having a bit of a meet and greet. Gotta say, I've never laughed as hard as when Fuzzball challenged Mary to arm-wrestle and ended up half-way through a wall. He'll be fine, those wolf dudes heal quick.

Anyways, new boys. Didn't catch a good read on what they were packing or who was behind 'em, but they had some heat. Some sort of crazy magi-tech fusion stuff. Maybe some think-tank is field testing in the slums? I dunno, man, that's over my head. All I know is that I'm going to root 'em out. Mary was like a pig in poo poo, said it was the most fun she's had since... God, I don't even know what she said. Something something killing a giant of fimbulvinter? Anyways, she said she's in too as long as the fights keep coming.

Influence

quote:

You're slippery, but you’ve a tendency to get wrapped up in other’s schemes. Give Influence to three of your peers.

Moonbeam - "This chick is one mean S-O-B, ain't nobody I'd rather stick it to the man with."

Bloody Mary - "Don't want to gently caress around with this chick, yeah? I've seen her do poo poo to a guy that'd turn your hair white."

The Puppetress - "Well, she goddamn saved my life. What the hell. Nobody asked her to do that poo poo."

Extra Questions

quote:

I mean, clearly I've got a track record for leadership, but if you ask me? Moonbeam is the only person I'd trust to make this outfit really interesting. She knows what's up. Mary's always itching for a fight, Puppetress is too busy with tea parties or puppet poo poo, and the other two? Yikes. Garbage is... Well, she's kind of adorable for a spite-fueled trash ooze. Not exactly leadership material, though. I've seen the poo poo she eats. Not, uh, literally. Figuratively. You know what, screw it. You know what I mean. And Casey? poo poo. She's crazier than the rest of us put together and ain't nobody knows what her game is.

quote:

Eh, can't complain about poo poo going wrong on a job. No plan survives contact with powers. Buuuuuuuuut, it was definitely Casey's fault if you ask me. I mean, she has time vision! She can see all the poo poo that's going to go wrong! Why not this? We had to do all the other crazy poo poo she wanted to ward off disaster and surprise! Ambush. I don't know what's worse. We've either got her along for something she can't do or she's trying to get us all wrecked up.

quote:

Well, yeah? I mean, it's not like the first time I've crashed there. We've got a side biz laying down the law in the slums, you know? It's kind of a creepy-rear end pad, but eh. I've woken up worse places. Never seen her room, though, not that I'd mind. Wonder if she sleeps in a coffin. Might be a tight squeeze, but... Heh.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 4, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Relationships

Robodog posted:

You and Garbage!! used to be an item. It didn’t end well.

She seemed cool then I got eaten!

quote:

You looked in the eyes of Casey! SuperHot Time Robot and saw something that made even you shiver.

If you didn't want to get eaten, you shouldn't have asked me to 'show off the real you'.

Casey is pretty wild. She went along with anything, but I could never, ever surprise her. That's why I ended up doing what I did, to try and finally surprise her. But even that didn't work - she just seemed disappointed. I can't understand her perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't just want to shock her. I wanted to... I thought that... I was trying to be romantic. Like, give her as big a hug as I could? I didn't dislike being with her, but, it's just - dating is hard.

quote:

Margey The Puppetress knew who you were before you changed.

My parents used to go to her family's theater when I was young, and I saw her there a couple times. It was a nice place; I can see why she'd be upset about losing it. She seemed surprised when I mentioned this, but I do look a lot different now. I wonder what she thinks of me?

During our first caper…

quote:

You attracted all the wrong sorts of attention from people. Not fear, but hate. Who absolutely hates your alliance, and will do anything to stop them?

We meant to go start a gang war, instead we stumbled into an already hot one. There really wasn't much to do other than hold our own and retreat, but unfortunately the only way to flee was also where the cops were coming from.

The Police and the Heroes are supposed to have a 'harmonious' relationship, but in my experience the cops have a bit of a chip on their shoulder. Normally, a little run in with the Harmonia City Police Department (HCPD) wouldn't be anything to remember, but one of our members might have... taunted, and insulted, and belittled, a certain ambitious lieutenant in the force, and earned his ire forever.

Police Lieutenant Horace Yu

He wants to use our arrest to raise the status of the Police over the heroes, and otherwise is just pissed at how we embarrassed him. It's troublesome.

quote:

Moonbeam. She was the one who couldn't keep her mouth shut to the cops. Even after we had gotten away from the fight, she went back and blew up one of their squad cars just to show that she could. She's troublesome.

Influence

quote:

You’re unsubtle, and easily roused. Give everyone Influence on you..

I need them to help me tear apart the ruinous hypocrites that rule this city. They know I need them because I told all of them that. Maybe that was a mistake...

quote:

I think that The Puppetress will want to impress high society. Which means we'll come into contact with high society, and I can tear them down.

quote:

code:
TheNabster:	Garbage just rolling around the floor like a gross roomba
TheNabster:	Hoovering up all the dust
Scrree:	That's a good view of things

Scrree fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 7, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

TheNabster wanted me to make a roll for The Other and post it here, so here it is!

quote:

<Hugzilla> Moonbeam rolls to see which lame responsibilities she's been neglecting!
<Hugzilla> !r 2d6+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, 9+1 = 10

What!? I'm totally responsible! I'm like the master of responsibility here!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Scion Roll

quote:

18:17 Yamifenrir !r 2d6
18:17 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, 4 = 4
18:17 Yamifenrir nope, as it turns out

Bloody Mary is good at stealth guys

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 10, 2017

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I did a thing

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Made Armiger a new header as a present for being an honourary girl!!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Calling Dibs on that second Plank (the one where we have to redirect the heroes), since I can take a few conditions instead of burning Plan which means we'll have enough plan to Execute that final Plank properly (assuming the rest of you spend this prompt Scheming or whatever). Calling dibs instead of posting for now though since I've got an exam tomorrow.

Now of course, you can ignore this appeal on your own discretion but I'd appreciate it if you didn't :v:

I'm planning to have The Puppetress trigger a bunch of staggered Doll attacks all over town (on the areas the heroes attending the ceremony are in charge of defending) to slowly bleed the heroes from the Dome. Mentioning this in case you want to make Schemes that would interact with that or make it easier or what have you.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Gonna do some quick house rules

1. First gonna rip this off wholesale from Yami.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hey guys, just a quick update:

I'm personally a bit unhappy in how the Secret Agenda minigame (lack of people interaction with it) is panning out at the moment - so I'm going to add some extra mechanics to it.

Specifically, If nobody makes a guess at all during an Issue, hold 1 infamy. If somebody guesses the Agenda first try, they get to hold 1 Infamy.

I feel like this incentivizes interacting with it while not being overpowered. Thoughts?

2. Second, If you roll a 6 or less and have it increased to a 7 due to Plan being spent, or using Fate is a Fickle Mistress, you will still gain the Curses! for rolling the 6 in the first place. Since you buggers HAVEN'T FAILED ANY ROLLS YET!

EDIT: 3. In addition to your normal options when you Assess the situation , you may ask "What secrets are you hiding" in order to reveal one of your opponents SECRET MOVES.

EDIT 2: 4. Instead of the roll for the Scion's Birthright happening at the start of the issue, it will happen at the end.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 25, 2017

• Locked thread