Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hey everyone, I could really use some imput here.

I have a pretty old Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. It is rocking Windows 10 and whatever else came with the laptop, hardware wise.

Recently it stopped powering on. I replaced the AC charger, and it didn't solve the issue. I tried powering it on with the battery removed, and it didn't start either. I thought that maybe the DC jack was bad or was shorting out so I just spent the last hour taking apart the entire laptop to replace the DC jack. I just buttoned it all back up but it is still not powering on! I am wondering what else may be the issue? The same thing happened briefly a couple months ago but it randomly started powering on again until it stopped working this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Are there any LED lights on when you plug the thing into mains?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Nope. Neither the battery light or charging light are on. Also tried the trick where you unplug the AC charger and battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, which didn't work either.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

BUMP

I grabbed a charger from work today and plugged it in. The computer booted up and is staying on. The charging and battery LEDs on the keyboard are still off though. The keyboard backlit LEDs are on however. I am also not getting any display and there is a "beep beep" noise like 15 seconds after I turn it on. I am pretty sure I connected everything properly when I put the laptop back together because I double checked all the connections. What the hell is going on?

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 18, 2017

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Unfortunately maybe age has just gotten to it, not sure what else i can say other that its maybe a hardware fault?

Try booting the laptop without the battery maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

It won't boot without the battery.

I just replaced the mobo and I am still experiencing the same problem. Gonna replace the RAM next since it is only like $15. After that though, I am all outta ideas.

• Locked thread