Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bog pixie

I'm very smart op. But I do not know the answer to your question, or even comprehend the question at all. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Carsons Ghost

i suyggest soaking everything in alcohol, wether it be hand sanitizer or cheap vodka

posting smiling

bog pixie posted:

I'm very smart op. But I do not know the answer to your question, or even comprehend the question at all. Good luck!

as a simple man (whittler, medical autodidact) it just means the world to me that you've chosen to leave a comment. thank you.

Mariana Horchata

neosporin, not glue

im both an emt and an intp

good luck with ur recovery!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

neosporin, not glue

im both an emt and an intp

good luck with ur recovery!

glue is advisable in certain cases last i heard but not generally the sort of sitch youd be typing questions about more the, 'hey keep this in your backpack it can be some stitches in an emergency' type of situation which is obv not the best medical conditions even if u know what u r doing
def second on the sporin

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

yeah superglue works well as an instant suture, until you rely on it a little too much and develop a horrible cyanoacrylate sensitivity reaction any time you get some on your skin

like, only use it in actual "oh god there's so much blood" emergencies, not "oh heck i cut myself while trimming this model plane, oh well, i've got superglue here"

VideoTapir

He'll tire eventually.
Always cut away from yourself, idiot.

MrWillsauce

you can bleed as much as you want as long as you drink it all back up

alnilam

MrWillsauce posted:

you can bleed as much as you want as long as you drink it all back up

You put de blood in de coconut and drink it all up

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

help. i glued my butt to the back of my head

BIRDCON 2017

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

i've heard a whittling knife is good for that

death sext

Put peanut butter on your butt and it'll come right off. You can also put your butt in the freezer, that'll do it too.

Piso Mojado

at least op can be sure he's not one of them now

Piso Mojado

as a whiddlin man myself, i can tell you that it's an issue with your form. how far apart are your feet when you cut?

social vegan

the uhohborous

Robot Made of Meat

Again?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

??? you glued your head to your head?

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
OP, you actually used the Super Glue consistent with its FDA labeling! You must be a medical professional or something.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2187/was-super-glue-invented-to-seal-battle-wounds-in-vietnam

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

ever notice on of your fingers isn't quite like the others? little stubbier? that's called a 'thumb' it might look like just a dumb lovely finger but it actually serves a function rly similar to those extra buttons they hide on the other side of your shirt fabric, just peel a little flesh off of that 'thumb' and see if you can squeeze it into that cut. thumbs are just evolution's way of making sure we have some extra skin and stuff in case of an emergency that's why they're stuck on the side of your hand

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

nifty little factoid: thumbs are actually the only part of the human body composed entirely of stem cells, which means they can replace anything

social vegan

*holds my thumb against the emptiness I feel inside*

Adiabatic

What have you assholes done now?

social vegan posted:

the uhohborous

FluffieDuckie

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

ever notice on of your fingers isn't quite like the others? little stubbier? that's called a 'thumb' it might look like just a dumb lovely finger but it actually serves a function rly similar to those extra buttons they hide on the other side of your shirt fabric, just peel a little flesh off of that 'thumb' and see if you can squeeze it into that cut. thumbs are just evolution's way of making sure we have some extra skin and stuff in case of an emergency that's why they're stuck on the side of your hand

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Piso Mojado

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

lol

posting smiling

VideoTapir posted:

Always cut away from yourself, idiot.

i did, dumbass, and my finger was even further away from myself than the knife was :milk:

posting smiling

food court bailiff posted:

yeah superglue works well as an instant suture, until you rely on it a little too much and develop a horrible cyanoacrylate sensitivity reaction any time you get some on your skin

like, only use it in actual "oh god there's so much blood" emergencies, not "oh heck i cut myself while trimming this model plane, oh well, i've got superglue here"

i'm going to bathe in cyanolate until i'm immune

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
I've come across this a lot. What you need to do is very carefully put the knife back exactly into the hole/incision it made. Then you need to bandage around either side of the knife to hold it in place, enrol in Med school and after 8 tough rewarding years you'll have the expertise to treat yourself plus the added benefit of a lucrative and meaningful career as an expert whittler/whittling competition medic.
Hope this helps
Sources: My cousin Roy is a whittling contest medic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

HotSoapyBeard posted:

I've come across this a lot. What you need to do is very carefully put the knife back exactly into the hole/incision it made. Then you need to bandage around either side of the knife to hold it in place, enrol in Med school and after 8 tough rewarding years you'll have the expertise to treat yourself plus the added benefit of a lucrative and meaningful career as an expert whittler/whittling competition medic.
Hope this helps
Sources: My cousin Roy is a whittling contest medic

I would probably watch a tv series about a plucky half-human, half-whittling knife cybernetic organism trying to put itself through med school and maybe in the process learning a little something about . . . life, love, and the art of whilttling

presenting "whittler, md", coming soon to netflix

• Locked thread