Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

Well I called out on TMM's fake claim so I think I did good enough. Sorry Infinitum for killing you.

Oh and Eplison was scum too. Nice nice.

If it's any consolation, we were going to kill Inf on N1, but FL making everyone target a random person made us hit Exakt.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ggs wp

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Appreciate the congrats.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also that wasn't my original role PM. I was the OG "trade this role for any non-killing role that targets you"

damnit accidental c/p issue

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Well hey, lookit that!

We win. gj TMM scum MVP hero!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

I seriously can't believe I saved two freely lynchable scumbros with a giant fake claim.

That was probably the best thing I've ever done as scum.

I totally bought it like a giant dumb idiot, good job!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hah I knew TMM was scum :mad:

Good game!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Had him pegged. Had e+ pegged. Forgot about Kash's love of way too many scum.

Good job TMM.

I'm never letting lurkers live again fisk. I was proven right.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

All it takes for evil to prosper is nking the greatest mafia player of our generation, beloved diqnol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

booo killed me early boooo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well I wish exact hadn't eaten me but it was an insanely fun game to observe and I promise I'll never try to integrate YouTube into a mafia game ever again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Much love tmm

Sorry I've been super sick lately

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

football fever

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I don't think I've ever won a game as scum without someone like TMM wiping my rear end

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Please note: I did not literally wipe his rear end.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good job scums, sorry to let you down KB, I was too busy to be in the game really.

Thanks Kashuno you are the best cousin

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think I've ever won a game as scum without someone like TMM wiping my rear end

same, ty tmm

that was some pro-tier bullshitting. kb is not easy to get around but he was legit given pause by your claim, which is really impressive

thats not a dig at you tho kb; tbh everyone played well

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

same, ty tmm

that was some pro-tier bullshitting. kb is not easy to get around but he was legit given pause by your claim, which is really impressive

thats not a dig at you tho kb; tbh everyone played well

My weakness is good fake claims.

By the end, as was obvious by my posting, I was convinced TMM was in fact scum, but I figured we had plenty of leeway to actually test it(none of this takes away from TMM's great play here, he just slipped up by trying to throw suspicion on the previous night's kill and that swayed me back). But a scum team of 7 was not something I would have even remotely considered. I was thinking it was TMM and maybe 1 more non scum bad guy.

I briefly considered trying to get everyone on TMM instead anyway, but didn't think we had the numbers, we had a limited window for voting and not enough were going to be around for the morning deadline, including me. As it turns out, it was even worse then I thought since scum had up to 3 votes to throw around at that point, and Hal was MIA. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Funny, Cpig in scum doc had the same reaction to the balance. Thanks Pig. You are right and Kash is wrong. :)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Great scum play all round imo, I don't think any townies tanked us in particular, we just got outplayed, great game kash, btw at first I thought tobbs was actually scum and kash was loving with me, which is why I never told Tobbs about my power to kill visitors but by the start of d3 I was regretting ever doubting the princess

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Setup spec dooms town again

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Setup spec dooms town again

Letting lurking scum lurk without voting them out dooms town again.

If I had stuck to my guns and voted you, hal, and e+ out, things would have been better.

Every time you try to say that is a bad strategy in future games I'll refer back to this game and refuse to budge.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Reading scum doc has actually made me a bit angry, because basically you guys fully embraced the lurking strategy this game. it's shameful. I keep trying to just give lurkers the benefit of the doubt and I keep getting burned. Even Hal, who was town, was a liability in terms of getting vote numbers needed. I need to stick to my guns. :(

Also, TMM was super wrong about game balance. I don't blame him for being super whiny about being saddled with a bunch of lurkers though, because that sucks rear end. But 30% scum, 34% non town in a game isn't balanced by any stretch of the imagination and it is crazy that TMM even briefly thought that. Multiple town vigs like he was complaining about are going to be more prone to hit town. Even in an unbalanced setup like this one, hitting town was more likely, thus helping scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

My weakness is good fake claims.

By the end, as was obvious by my posting, I was convinced TMM was in fact scum, but I figured we had plenty of leeway to actually test it(none of this takes away from TMM's great play here, he just slipped up by trying to throw suspicion on the previous night's kill and that swayed me back). But a scum team of 7 was not something I would have even remotely considered. I was thinking it was TMM and maybe 1 more non scum bad guy.

I briefly considered trying to get everyone on TMM instead anyway, but didn't think we had the numbers, we had a limited window for voting and not enough were going to be around for the morning deadline, including me. As it turns out, it was even worse then I thought since scum had up to 3 votes to throw around at that point, and Hal was MIA. :(

My problem was that I really wanted Gulag to make a kill on N3 when I redirected him to Hal. It looks like he could only kill them the next night. So he did a good job giving most of his role, but not all of it. I didn't want FL to die during N3 because it obviously would have given me away.

If that had happened, then it was a easy FL (or even Gulag) lynch for the win. But without the second kill, I knew it would be FL and I just didn't want that to happen yet. In the end, we had to gamble that during N4, Gulag wouldn't either use his power or immediately kill his target if he nabbed scum. I was thinking he wouldn't go after me since I was the obvious lynch target since my fake claim got blown up. Then we had to gamble that you'd use your power and that the random kill wouldn't hit one of the scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Letting lurking scum lurk without voting them out dooms town again.

If I had stuck to my guns and voted you, hal, and e+ out, things would have been better.

Every time you try to say that is a bad strategy in future games I'll refer back to this game and refuse to budge.

I'm sure you will. And sometimes it'll be correct, but mostly you'll just continue to lose

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't mind losing for lynching lurking town because people who don't want to play are an active liability. Losing because the scum basically afk for most of the game is the worst feeling.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't mind losing for lynching lurking town because people who don't want to play are an active liability. Losing because the scum basically afk for most of the game is the worst feeling.

Yup, I'm down. I'm much more ok losing voting out lurkers then the inverse.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You lost because you collectively can't read players and relied on claims to solve the game for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
frustratingly I never intend to lurk, there's just this weird force in the universe that causes me to get mega busy any time I even think about mafia

• Locked thread