Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
THEY LOST ANYWAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
god drat Lehtonen stands up like crazy high in the shootouts

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna jerk off when both of the Stars goaltenders are gone.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Stars have only won 3 of 12 during this post Christmas "key" stretch to the season... the stretch where supposedly there were no more excuses because the team was healthy and they even had a decent schedule for the first half of the month with plenty of days off to rest and work on issues. And they're winning games at the pace of the Arizona Coyotes, or worse.

It's getting to the absurd point where fans are wondering what exactly it's going to take for management to make some changes.. They just seem totally paralyzed, unwilling to even consider the smallest possibility of improving this roster and giving fans some value for their ticket.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Why are the Stars bad?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

tofes posted:

Why are the Stars bad?

Starts with G and ends with oalies?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

tofes posted:

Why are the Stars bad?

Basically they let key veteran players on defense and veteran depth at forward walk in the off-season, banking on the idea that youngsters would step up to take all the minutes. Then a bunch of people got hurt, Val Nichushkin ran away to Russia deflating the talent pool even more and compounding the shortage of players due to injuries, and as it turns out the young players aren't that good.

Also all of our top players all took massive nose dives in performance, foundation of the team is looking very questionable going forward.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

tofes posted:

Why are the Stars bad?

Every aspect of the team is either bad, or underperforming.

Defense: Young, dumb, bad.

Forwards: Seguin/Benn started the season slow recovering from injuries, then like 4-5 forwards got put on IR, but now most everyone is healthy again and they still struggle to score goals. Underperforming.

Goalies: Lehtonen and Niemi. I rest my case.

Special Teams: Dumpster fire. Frankly, getting only one "good" season of special teams play simply doesn't cut it for me. Whoever Ruff keeps bringing in to address it needs to be gone. Ruff may not be 100% responsible for the team imploding this season, as I think a lot of it stems from letting so much talent leave an already shaky defense, but someone's head has to roll. Ruff will be the first to go, and I imagine Nill only has a season or two left if he can't turn it around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Wow I didn't know Nichushkin left, that sucks

• Locked thread