Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

:downsgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I'm one hundred percent also going to get distracted by every stray island so I'm glad I'm bring represented by cohh.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
How much do we know about what Berath's Blessings bring to the table?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol, drat, the map is huge

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
Taking new thread title suggestions

- Deadfires Tell No Tales

- Cod Pieces and Codpieces

- The Shape of Water but with a wereshark

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Scorchy posted:

Taking new thread title suggestions

- Deadfires Tell No Tales

- Cod Pieces and Codpieces

- The Shape of Water but with a wereshark

Hot Pommel Action

Booty Thirst

Romancing the Sword

Penetration Mechanics

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Penetration Mechanics

Hi, it’s this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

- You can't cut back on Grieving Mother! You will regret this!

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Penetration Mechanics

It could only ever be this.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
gently caress You, Suck My Dick, Chris Avellone's Personal Dream RPG

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Hot Pommel Action

Booty Thirst

Romancing the Sword

Penetration Mechanics

This one for sure

I'd settle for Booty Thirst too

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Impermanent posted:

:perfect:

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Impermanent posted:

Mind Dungeon: The RPG

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Just to be clear on one thing, passive abilities are selected using the same pool of "picks" as active abilities, right?

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Tzarnal posted:

When you import a file into deadfire all you are doing is importing the story events that happened. It imports a few more minor things that the presets do not cover, giving your a bit more continuity with your specific gamestate over the presets that are available. And that is it.

Character creation happens after that and regardless of if this is a new game or a game you imported an existing poe1 save for its exactly the same. You are free and able to make the same character but you are not required.

Question about this: is the PoE2 PC explicitly the same person as the PoE1 PC? Doing a complete character rebuild is a nice quality of life thing, but going from human barbarian to orlan wizard or whatever and having everyone address you like that hasn't changed seems jarring. Is this explained in-universe?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Clanpot Shake posted:

Question about this: is the PoE2 PC explicitly the same person as the PoE1 PC? Doing a complete character rebuild is a nice quality of life thing, but going from human barbarian to orlan wizard or whatever and having everyone address you like that hasn't changed seems jarring. Is this explained in-universe?

It is the same person. It is not addressed. The assumption is presumably that if you changed it you always were that way.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Malek Deneith posted:

Just to be clear on one thing, passive abilities are selected using the same pool of "picks" as active abilities, right?

Yes

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Clanpot Shake posted:

You are explicitly the watcher from the first game and nobody bats an eye if you suddenly make yourself an entirely different person. Cohh’s stream he went from an elf ranger to a human monk/druid and there hasn’t been any comments.

edit: beaten

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

Yes, the main character is the same person. And it's kind of justified? I think? Though I really hate that this is something that would need to be "explained".

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Clanpot Shake posted:

It’s purely a game mechanics thing, it is not acknowledged in any way. The reason it is this way is because game mechanics have changed so significantly between 1 and 2 that allowing a rebuild is the only sensible option. Especially since multiclassing did not exist in 1.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Has anyone tried a barbarian/skjald (or just chanter)? If so how good is it?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
look, it's been 5 years and you've been a noble and extremely powerful person who got buffed by any number of gods and dragons and other powerful entities. Changing from a small blonde human rogue to a towering blue aumana druid/chanter is like 40th on the list of "weird things that have happened to you in the past few years of your life"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I cannot make up my mind between Shifter/Helwalker and Shifter/Shattered Pillar. Pillar is easier to build wounds on without exploding, it’s the safer option, but will not achieve Real Ultimate Power with Duality due to a much smaller wound cap. On the other hand Duality is kind of a late game thing for a muliclass. I’m not planning on playing PotD however, just Hard mode so maybe the damage taken penalty of Helwalker will be fine.

Decisionsssss. Jacking Might and Perception seems like a must in any event.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is anyone else already thinking about a third game in the series? I am! I want endless amounts of these games in this setting forever.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I'd say get all your friends to buy this one then, cause it seems pretty apparent that Obsidian put quite a bit of money into what's still a pretty niche genre, even when considering the Fig bucks. I hope it does well for them and we get to see more.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Everything being voice acted is so good

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I got 9 of my friends to buy PoE1 - although only one of them completely finished it and only two bought the expansions. I will work harder for PoE2.

I'm still leaning toward importing my Bleak Walker and staying single classed because I need my Sacred Immolation to keep my alpha strikes company ASAP, but there's so many tempting subclasses and combos that it's hardly a done deal. I also like how the new NPCs look so I might waver from keeping Eder and Aloth with me at all times.

At least I'll have a few extra days to decide since I'm traveling for work from the 8th to the 11th... Totally a good thing, not just a weak rationalization...

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I'm kinda torn between going with monk again or trying skald or some paladin subtype in 2. Monk was really fun in PoE1 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
New thread for release:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3856099

• Locked thread