Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic

patriarchy sucks
Oho, this scoundrel with no respect for our noble and important endeavour to amass the sum of human knowledge has added Paul Ryan to List_of_invertebrates! But he is clearly a human mammal, which is a vertebrate, and furthermore this is a list of species, not individuals!
*revert*

why didn't my father love me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice

Shit.
i don't have to imagine, friend

Dads Dip Cup

Entropic posted:

But he is clearly a human mammal, which is a vertebrate, and furthermore this is a list of species, not individuals!

[citation needed]

Historical Wizards

There is a trend I have notice where sections have been written in a more casual manner. They read sort of like how someone would say it in conversation rather than how it would be presented in an Encyclapedia, and it is really weird and uncomfortable and it makes me doubt the legitimacy of the information.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
oh how i love to hate wikipedia

Macnult

*sigh* another day, another poop benedickt XVI

Al!
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh how i love to hate wikipedia

that hate wikkkipedia beat

vanisher

Historical Wizards posted:

There is a trend I have notice where sections have been written in a more casual manner. They read sort of like how someone would say it in conversation rather than how it would be presented in an Encyclapedia, and it is really weird and uncomfortable and it makes me doubt the legitimacy of the information.

The long con wikipedia trolls

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
f.u. wikipedia editor tyrANTius

Cubone

the bob dole memorial ocean is real i live in california we call it that all the time

why else would the washington/oregon states and canada's district of columbia be known as the bob dole memorial northwest?

alnilam

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

a fragile ego

Imagine being the one guy who reads the wikipedia article before its reverted and now youll forever live misinformed. The people reverting the articles are just doing their best

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/alanferrier/status/808764211648200706

Of course it has long since been reverted by the humorless cretins of the wiki-bureaucracy and the current caption is now blander than ever.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
This is obviously much better.

100 HOGS AGREE
bunch of humorless jerks!

Historical Wizards

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
Imagine being this guy, OP:

http://internet.gawker.com/one-wikipedia-editor-has-spent-years-fixing-a-single-gr-1683785751

(it's a guy who makes sure that composed of and comprises are used correctly, they are not interchangeable!)

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
I put in 18 hour days reverting edits, because I have an e-mail from Bill Gates himself that says I get a dollar for each one I do, payable upon retirement from the US treasury.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dads Dip Cup

Gross Dude posted:

Imagine being this guy, OP:

http://internet.gawker.com/one-wikipedia-editor-has-spent-years-fixing-a-single-gr-1683785751

(it's a guy who makes sure that composed of and comprises are used correctly, they are not interchangeable!)

this is some mythological "punishment from the gods" level poo poo right here

cursed to scour one grammatical error from the entire internet for eternity

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

*turns volume to max and begins playing Deus Irae*

This is my burden... The curse I bear so the world may thrive...

*begins to correct the ten thousand Fart Russells back to Kurt Russell*

ass

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Elusif

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

alnilam

"yeah I'm a pretty important and highly respected wiki editor"

"oh so you, like, fix errors and stuff?"

"No I don't like do that, I do precisely that."

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

"yeah I'm a pretty important and highly respected wiki editor"

"oh so you, like, fix errors and stuff?"

"No I don't like do that, I do precisely that."