Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

came here to post here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dongslayer. posted:

came here to post here

Erhm... Come again? O.o

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
lost planet 2

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Me and a friend had a lot of fun with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foxhound posted:

I tried playing this online once and when everyone figured out that the grenade did friendly fire damage it became impossible to complete

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hoodrich posted:

check out friend of the family Genocider 666 op.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I had some good times with Orcs Must Die 2. I also have my eye on Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, but have yet to try it out with anybody.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Foxhound posted:

Me and a smooth Buddy got 90% through a really long level and my Internet hiccup ed, kicking me out and putting us both back to the start, losing an hour of progress. It was fun but I never played it again

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A played a Lara Croft game with Spambot when she was completely stoned on painkiller style medicine and Weed and probably LSD but she had already 100% the game so she was finding all the secrets and made me 100% it a second time with her. A wonderful memory.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Obsidian Conflict is an old source mod that let you do HL2 and sequels coop, but also had a bunch of cool community maps packed in that were super high quality. There's a 2ish hour Resident Evil inspired mansion map that had puzzles and combat and cooperative platforming that was one of my favorites.

Other ones I remember right now were a cooperative adaption of harvest moon farming with crops and animal tending and gambling in town to make money and buy decorations for the shared farmhouse, and a recreation of Takeshi's Castle/mXc that was hard as hell to do as first person platforming but always a blast with friends.

e: Just remembered a lone japanese dude also programmed a full implementation of space harrier and spelunker, just using the half life assets. The game's dead now but had some of the craziest content makers I've ever seen.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 5, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

would be down to do hl2 mods instead since no one has hl1 loll

this stuff sounds really cool actually e: thought this was the other thread lol ty for the suggestions tho

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 5, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Synergy is fun drunk co-op on a lazy afternoon.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Other ones I remember right now were a cooperative adaption of harvest moon farming with crops and animal tending and gambling in town to make money and buy decorations for the shared farmhouse

i remember playing this a few years ago with a friend and all i remember is that you can buy a Mr. Bucket replica and if you stay outside until nighttime the screen goes black, all your bones break, and you die lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

symbolic posted:

i remember playing this a few years ago with a friend and all i remember is that you can buy a Mr. Bucket replica and if you stay outside until nighttime the screen goes black, all your bones break, and you die lol

the very first thing you want to buy is the radio because it plays elo when you hit use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_Se7BtSQg

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

you can get fightcade and play arcade beat-em-ups and stuff together

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
helldivers has a shockingly long tail on it, I keep coming back to it with friends a year plus on. strikes just the right balance between satisfying challenge and wanting to punch your friend for shooting you

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

dungeon of the endless is fun for occasional co-op

e: necropolis too, although it's kinda clunky

bog pixie fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 8, 2017

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

My brother and I played Astroneers coop for like 6 hours straight today. It was really fun and chill teaming up to build poo poo and collect stuff we needed for expeditions and then flying spacecraft to new planets together

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is really cute and fun. bae finds it stressful though

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What do you call the opposite of co-op. Where you play against the other person?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What do you call the opposite of co-op. Where you play against the other person?

Winning.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

versus mode jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Transfarring

• Locked thread