Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I played this the other day, wasn't impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
This is my favorite game of all time

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Why are scorpions so underrepresented?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Wow, okay, where to start :what:

First of all OP spiders are our friends, they control pests, play an important role in our food chain, and are overall almost harmless. The last thing we need in the world is more blatant anti-spider propaganda portraying them as mindless deranged killers.

In fact, there are very few spiders that are even slightly harmful to humans, and most will only attack when provoked. Spiders certainly do not grow to enormous size (the biggest in the world barely reach dinner plate size, and are gentle giants), and no spiders have ever been discovered outside the confines of earth's atmosphere :rolleyes:.

Frankly your portrayal, while incredibly engrossing and surprisingly thrilling, is just flat out wrong, and quite damaging to the reputation of an already much-maligned part of our shared ecosystem. Maybe think about the ramifications of your endeavors next time OP, but in the meantime feel free to educate yourself on the basics of something you've decided to arbitrary encourage the destruction of . . .

http://www.spiders.us/faq/how-are-spiders-helpful-to-people-and-the-planet/

quote:

Spiders help to keep your home, yard, garden, farm, school, and workplace free from pest insects. Spiders help the whole planet in a similar way, preventing insects from becoming overly dominant and destructive. Spiders are in turn food for other organisms, from other spiders to birds, reptiles, and small mammals like shrews. Spider venoms show promise in the field of medicine. Spider silk is among the strongest, most elastic of natural fibers. Synthesized spider silk has proven useful in creating the next generation of parachutes and bullet-proof vests. Native peoples in Papua New Guinea even use the webs of Nephila orb-weaving spiders as fishing nets. The spider is coaxed into spinning within an oval frame that is then used as a net. Spiders are also used as research subjects in such diverse disciplines as animal physiology and psychology.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

I like your avatar OP

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Jesus Christ, Ron, no one likes you, just go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

Though, in all seriousness, at least this guy isn't begging us for money.

AsmCoder8088
Feb 2, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Spiders certainly do not grow to enormous size

They do if you zap them with a phaser. I saw it on tv.

AsmCoder8088
Feb 2, 2017

Cryohazard posted:

Why are scorpions so underrepresented?

Not quite a scorpion, but I recently added this one to the game:

AsmCoder8088
Feb 2, 2017

Hungry Bit posted:

I've already started on my lifebot x spider fanfiction.

Don't forget Mr. Upgrade Bot:

https://youtu.be/kH08y7cStjs

AsmCoder8088
Feb 2, 2017

Putty posted:

I want to befriend the Spiders, can you do that in the game?

Just recently added the ability to befriend trapped spiders, which lets you deploy them and they work alongside you to fight off the other spiders.

You can also now vote for it on Steam Greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862121103

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
OP, you should post an alpha build or something. I'm sure many people here would like to inspect your spiders first hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Will it feature a soundtrack by Mick Gorden? And if not, why not?

Not enough money is not a proper answer.

• Locked thread