Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Dear civilian friend,

hello!
Would you like to serve your country and make money in the process? Paid college?

Please consider sitting down with one of our recruiters.

Just sign here! Easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
those computers were poo poo and he's in violation so bad by not having it locked down and begging to be grabbed like that

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
OTOH anyone that does that with their sunglasses deserves to hemorrhage blood in a godforsaken hellscape after their femoral artery is severed by friendly fire

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Please help recruit this is serious

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok if you're

A) cutter

you can't join

b) autistic
you can't join

c) illiterate

maybe depending on how lucky you are!!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ok if you're

A) cutter

you can't join

b) autistic
you can't join

c) illiterate

maybe depending on how lucky you are!!

Does that mean the entire military is getting grandfathered in!?

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

OTOH anyone that does that with their sunglasses deserves to hemorrhage blood in a godforsaken hellscape after their femoral artery is severed by friendly fire

Hey stupid it keeps you from getting attacked from behind by tigers so stfu

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ymmv of course depending on MEPs and how much you recruiter is willing to risk his career for your contract

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

those computers were poo poo and he's in violation so bad by not having it locked down and begging to be grabbed like that

thats the Texas 'just hit some balls at the driving range before coming into the bar' look and jfc i want to start plugging these people with .45ACP one by loving one

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Dear civilian friend,

hello!
Would you like to serve your country and make money in the process? Paid college?

Please consider sitting down with one of our recruiters.

Just sign here! Easy!

Deserves what he gets for wearing his sun glasses that way

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
ITT Im a 18 year old who just got done with school and I'm so moto that I have a signed letter of recommendation from my COL dad.

I dont want anything but an open contract but I really want to be infantry.

How big of an amazon gift card do I get?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Son, joining the Army as a cook is just as good as culinary school, plus you get paid to shoot guns!

It's also the only thing your ASVAB score qualifies you for.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

A Bad Poster posted:

Son, joining the Army as a cook is just as good as culinary school, plus you get paid to shoot guns!

It's also the only thing your ASVAB score qualifies you for.

Cook scores have to be above MP scores, right?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm pretty sure cooks have the lowest score for the navy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What do I have to do to get a lanyard and water bottle?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder how many shirts we could trick one of them in to buying

(Sorry, I love you.)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Booblord Zagats posted:

army wise, line score dependent of course, from what I remember a infantryman, cook, and MP all only required a 31 AFQT

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hi yes I have a masters degree and would liek 2 enlis. Can I be an elite operator???

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

army wise, line score dependent of course, from what I remember a infantryman, cook, and MP all only required a 31 AFQT

One of those three requires a clearance!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Mr. Nice! posted:

I thought that was Marine

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I've got like, tons of student loan debt, can you pay that off while I travel to foreign lands and subjugate natives?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Is there a higher minimum army score than 46R at 107? Because if that's where they're putting smart people were loving doomed.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
107 for various line scores is usually about as high as it goes to be honest. I think SF only required a 107 in Combat.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

There was a guy at USAFA who claimed this his cousin scored a 12 on the ASVAB and could only be marine infantry. I thought he was full of poo poo, but now I'm not so sure.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Sure, I'll sign for Open General. I'm serving my country"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The army had a general minimum of 31 AFQT for most jobs, but apparently there are provisions for an AFQT of maybe 21 or 23 which slots opened up in my area exactly once for like 5 people in the entire pacific north west. I'm sure in 2007 or so it was a bit more frequent. 12 seems absurd, and as much as I make fun of USMC I doubt they'd go down that low. I have had people score in the 12 range. Even a few single digit. I mostly felt bad for them because they grew up on the indian reservation and man that education must be really poo poo. Idaho's is like 49th in the nation for public schools off reservation as it is. I dealt with a lot of dumb people :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I dealt with a lot of dumb people :(

poo poo, having been in I can only imagine how dumb the people you turn away are

• Locked thread