Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I currently have a small filing cabinet box thing with important legal documents, healthcare stuff, vet care stuff, blah blah, taxes, etc.

I want to get this all digitized into PDFs but all I have at home is a flat scanner/printer combo. I don't really want to spend an entire day scanning one page at a time.

Is going to FedEx or a UPS store my best option? Anyone have knowledge of their pricing?

Is there another method I should consider that doesn't involve sending my files through the mail to a non-local service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Check your library, they might have a copier/scanner with auto page feed. Using them to scan is usually free.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

That's a good idea thanks I'll give them a call once they are open!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

tangy yet delightful posted:

I currently have a small filing cabinet box thing with important legal documents, healthcare stuff, vet care stuff, blah blah, taxes, etc.

I want to get this all digitized into PDFs but all I have at home is a flat scanner/printer combo. I don't really want to spend an entire day scanning one page at a time.

Is going to FedEx or a UPS store my best option? Anyone have knowledge of their pricing?

Is there another method I should consider that doesn't involve sending my files through the mail to a non-local service?

If you have a a non autofeeding scanner around you can automate the process of scanning via a program meaning you just have to do the placing and removing documents at a set time interval as the computer handles the other end

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Years ago when I worked at a Fedex/UPS Store type place I did exactly this for a few customers. I don't really remember how much it cost, but I probably should have charged more, it took a while because it was all messy and unaligned and had staples and tape all over it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Buy a printer with an autofeed scanner from Amazon or Butt Buy or whatever

Scan

Return it

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
100 pages at 30 seconds a page, you'd be done in less than an hour. Surely you have a couple hundred pages, but still, a pot of tea and a TV movie and you'll be done. If you send it out, you'll get back a folder with 200 images labeled "IMAG_001". If you DIY at least you can categorize as you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
You don't need 90% of those documents. Throw out the ones you don't need.

• Locked thread