Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Post some TV from not your country. Specials, Series, one-off events, whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us7u9HDRT1k

Apparently Christmas/New Years in Britain is celebrated by taking some Comedians and mid-level Celebrities, and having them compete in a trivia program for no real point other than the possibility of some jokes. It's pretty alright, and this one I watched features Noel Fielding and Richard Ayoade as the highlights, mainly taking the giving the wrongest answers to questions they have no idea about. Also, there's a really cheesy dance by a old weatherman that's fairly cringy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
You'll love QI.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Simpsons is allright.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Terrace house: boys and girls in the city is a Japanese reality show that got picked up by netflix. In the show three boys and three girls move into a flat in tokyo and live together. It has some differences that make feel different to other shows.

Firstly the people aren't locked in the house. They get jobs and go out to restaurants or out on dates. They still live their life. Second there's no prize or goal, they're there to make friends and live their life, theres no cash prize or eliminations or anything that encourages lovely behaviour. Thirdly people leave because they want to: once they feel like they've gotten what they need to from living in the house, or if they've achieved something and want to move on they pack up and go. Then someone else moves in to replace them. Fourth is no camera interviews: you find out how they feel about things by how they talk to the housemates or occasionally friends. Its much more real. Fifth is the support they give each other: because there is no reason to conflict built in to the show the people help each other, up to the point that when two guys are interested in the same girl the resolution is 'you ask her out and she can date who she prefers'. Sixth is no gimmick casting: the producers don't send people in to cause conflict. They don't pick people to deliverately clash and just allow interpersonal drama to unfold naturally.

Its a lovely show and really worth the time. It can be a bit slow burn but its really heartwarming. It also has a wild last few episodes so don't research it too much as you'll spoil yourself.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The best new year show is gaki no tsukai's no laughing series

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Some of you might've seen it already, but I find this Russian adaptation of Winnie the Pooh very charming :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqdiEUp6s4E

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There's a German show where a police dog helps an incompetent idiot solve crimes. I don't remember the name but I watched it dubbed and it helped me learn Italian.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

poisonpill posted:

There's a German show where a police dog helps an incompetent idiot solve crimes. I don't remember the name but I watched it dubbed and it helped me learn Italian.

Kommissar Rex?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yes, that's it! The dog does all the heavy lifting and the guy just acts like he solved the case.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

The best new year show is gaki no tsukai's no laughing series

I think I always like the 24 Hour Tag best though. The no laughings always have some personalities and references I don't get because I don't live in Japan, but tag is just pure physical comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reminded me of Einsatz Hamburg Süd and god drat if drug-addict-looking Muriel Baumeister didn't used to look good.

• Locked thread