Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/597993941594693632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1341427

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the New England Patriots are going to be government-mandated Super Bowl champions in the same way that Real Madrid was in Franco's Spain. loving book it

Luvcow posted:

lol at sore losers who want to equate pats fans, some of the most liberal people in our entire country, with Trump and Nazis. Just because Brady, Belichick and Kraft suck Trump's dick doesn't mean the rest of the team or the fans do.
you will never, ever see a white Pats fan wear a black players' jersey, and it's probably not a coincidence that their best receivers are white

Horseshoe theory posted:

Edit: Friendly reminder that Bill Russell, the greatest Celtics player of all time and a candidate for the best Basketball player of all time thinks Boston is the most openly racist shithole he's ever been in (which includes San Francisco and Louisiana).
willie o'ree broke the NHL color barrier with the Boston Bruins, who had a day game during MLK day this season. he dropped the puck in Los Angeles instead. i wonder why

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

get that OUT of my face posted:

you will never, ever see a white Pats fan wear a black players' jersey, and it's probably not a coincidence that their best receivers are white

lol y-hat you're so butthurt about Boston all the time, just get over it. There are plenty of white people wearing black player's shirts here, all the time. "Mr. Patriot" is Troy Brown and lots of people still wear his shirt, when Randy Moss was here p much everyone had his shirt, same with Rodney Harrison. I could go on but I don't think I really need to. Show us on the doll where New England touched you.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ain't nobody gonna click on a neogaf thread. You need to quote a post to bait us in first.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Luvcow posted:

lol y-hat you're so butthurt about Boston all the time, just get over it. There are plenty of white people wearing black player's shirts here, all the time. "Mr. Patriot" is Troy Brown and lots of people still wear his shirt, when Randy Moss was here p much everyone had his shirt, same with Rodney Harrison. I could go on but I don't think I really need to. Show us on the doll where New England touched you.

:frogon:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

thread deleted, what was it about?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gah. It was about Ministry's NWO heralding the pats comeback and that the march was rigged by the President.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

thread deleted, what was it about?

New England Patriots heralded the New World Order
This is the first thread I've ever created, so please have a little mercy on me! :)

Last night, I was watching Super Bowl LI like a good number of Americans and people globally were, and like a good American (lol) I was rooting for the Atlanta Falcons to win. A little bit into the Fourth Quarter of the game something surreal, almost fourth wall breaking, happened as I was watching.

The in-stadium loudspeakers started playing the main hook/riff to the Ministry song "N.W.O." and the timing in which it was played was incredibly unsettling.

What makes this unsettling? A variety of things:
The song is a direct criticism of Bush Senior's administration and the political, social, and economic climate of the United States in the early 1990's. It highlighted the path America was taking then with the issues of police brutality/racism and the L.A. riots, etc.
It played right before the game totally swung into the Patriots' favor. The Patriots went from 0.5% predicted odds of winning, to winning in overtime in a matter of about 40 minutes.
The relevant people involved in the New England Patriots' success are all public friends of Donald Trump. Robert Kraft (Owner), Bill Belichick (General Manager & Head Coach), and Tom Brady (Star Quarterback).
The song is extremely relevant to today's America too and the issues we are facing.You could say we may very well be on the cusp of a New World Order...
George Bush Senior and Barbara Bush made their first public appearance in some time to toss the coin to start Super Bowl LI.

Ministry - New World Order

"All the locals hide their tears of regret
Open fire 'cause I love you to death
Sky high, with a heartache of stone
You'll never see me 'cause I'm always alone

How to love without a trace of dissent
I'll buy the torture 'cause you pay for the rent
Tied high with a broken command
You're all alone to the promised land

I'm in love with this malicious intent
You've been taken but you don't know it yet
What you will know must never live to be found
'Cause it's the subject of the eyes of the clown"

Gaming side has a thread on the Switch being the switching point of the game, but I thought that this coincidence was far more ominous and worth discussing...

Go Steelers! haha

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Luvcow posted:

Patriots fans aren't racist, they've got like 3 black people that they own!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

racists say they have black friends all the time, what's your point, idiot

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Peanut President posted:

Patriots fans aren't racist, they've got like 3 black people that they own!

lol

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

shove me like you do posted:

Whats the over/under that Falcons threw the game so they didn't have to meet trump lo

I would rather believe that then they were too stupid to send a blitzing LB when the Pats did the totally unforeseen move of keeping in an extra blocker for the Falcons pass rush. Wow how totally original, who saw that coming?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
in this post ironic world, instead of being angry at obama all the time, i am now angry and see trump shadows wherever...

under the toilet
in tom brady

even in the sky

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
TBH I would trade the Browns crappy black players for the good white players on the Pats. Am I a racist?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Michael Corleone posted:

TBH I would trade the Browns crappy black players for the good white players on the Pats. Am I a racist?

no you're just a browns fan

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

take whatever good players you can get cuz hoo-wee you guys stink

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I don't even watch football and it's hard for me to comprehend the level of brain damage required to be a Browns fan.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Homeless Friend posted:

I don't even watch football and it's hard for me to comprehend the level of brain damage required to be a Browns fan.

here's a start: they're in cleveland

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

here's a start: they're in cleveland
city of a champion and a near champion, my friend. and the indians look poised to get that elusive World Series ring

the browns will never be good though

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

city of a champion and a near champion, my friend. and the indians look poised to get that elusive World Series ring

Plus, half a dozen guys that the Browns let go were playing in the Super Bowl, that is a sign of good scouting my friends!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Eh. They'll be good, but it'll be purely by accident.

Someone will "accidentally" hire a good coach, who will "accidentally" draft a decent to good QB and then they'll be fine. But that's really how it's going to happen.

When that does happen? I will tell the media to gently caress off and ask my fans to band together to make sure no one loses their jobs in that regard.

Homeless Friend posted:

"Here son. It's 1999. We're going to follow this horrible team through thick and thin because they're OUR team, and gently caress anyone else who tells us other wise"

Spite. It's really some bizarre level of spite.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

parity in the NFL is the biggest crock of poo poo in sports, and it's less because a few teams are that good and more because the majority of teams hire the same mediocre-to-bad people to run teams and call plays. the Lions only got halfway decent when they told Matt Millen to gently caress off

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

parity in the NFL is the biggest crock of poo poo in sports, and it's less because a few teams are that good and more because the majority of teams hire the same mediocre-to-bad people to run teams and call plays. the Lions only got halfway decent when they told Matt Millen to gently caress off

you're not saying anything I disagree with here.

It's bullshit and a lie. The NBA and MLB are also insanely better products right now. With the Browns it's an insane cultural cancer that's kinda infected them since Modell moved the team. It's partially that way by design to be honest...the NFL really did some underhanded poo poo to them when they were trying to get things going in '99.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

MLB, NBA, and NHL all have teams that have embraced new ways of looking at team-building. the NFL is stuck in the middle ages

football is boring bullshit to begin with

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Luvcow posted:

lol at sore losers who want to equate pats fans, some of the most liberal people in our entire country, with Trump and Nazis. Just because Brady, Belichick and Kraft suck Trump's dick doesn't mean the rest of the team or the fans do.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i want the Washington Capitals to win the Stanley Cup because i wanna see Ovechkin's reaction to being with trump

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

also please ban op

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I too am sad that the greatest quarterback of all time and the greatest football team of all time have to be received by the worst president of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Michael Corleone posted:

No because you're a brown(s fan) so you can't be racist

• Locked thread