Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Get pigs w/ auto feeders and then you just gotta pick up truffles if you're lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's cool to see how different people approach the game. Like seeing giant 100 tile fields all of the same crop seems weird to me. I've always played it like a pack rat and am obsessed with collecting like 100 gold star quality of every single item in the game, regardless of its value.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

PokeJoe posted:

Get pigs w/ auto feeders and then you just gotta pick up truffles if you're lazy.

If you're filling a big barn with pigs then you're probably past the point of worrying too much about money anyway

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i mean, you got to get to a million somehow

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

sector_corrector posted:

i mean, you got to get to a million somehow

You need 10 million for the gold clock >:]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the only thing I have left to buy at this point is the 100k house upgrade but I want to reach a million. I think I'll make it, I'm at 700k in Summer Year 2

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't realize it takes three seasons to age wine. probably won't be doing that any more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy crap one truffle gives 1250g for zero effort :staredog: Im going to buy 12 pigs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made 50k in one day and now I feel like I beat the game

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I made 50k in one day and now I feel like I beat the game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I gotta sit down and get into this game eventually

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its the 1 year anniversary of this game

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-year-anniversary/

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

That's cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This guy seems very cool.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

This guy seems very cool.

He is and he deserves the bajillions of dollars this game made

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
finally got a giant crop. it was a melon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

He is and he deserves the bajillions of dollars this game made

Yeah

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
well, finished up my file last night. winter 2 was still a slog, and i spent most of the last week doing chores and then going to bed at 8AM.

ended up w/ 1.5 million lifetime, and a statue of perfection. it was fun, but i don't see myself picking this up again until he releases the new content for it later in the year, if even then.

the new poo poo is all pretty cool, but it suffers from being sort of useless once you're in late-game. like by the time i build an autoharvester, or a pillar that lets me teleport, i'm having 0 problem with time management or energy, and generally going to bed early anyway.

the new questlines are OK, but the fact that they require you to get hints from ancient books kinda sucks. i just googled them, tbh.

anyway, great game as always. i feel kinda gross with how much time i've put into it, but it's an amazing achievement in game design still.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a rabbits foot today, summer 28. So the community center is done, and between my pigs and greenhouse I make 40k a day without having to do any chores. I guess I should sleep through the rest of the year for the evaluation

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I got a rabbits foot today, summer 28. So the community center is done, and between my pigs and greenhouse I make 40k a day without having to do any chores. I guess I should sleep through the rest of the year for the evaluation

Go for some 'chieves

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, as a person who doesn't care about achievements you can definitely beat this game well before the end of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Very cozy feel with the fall theme

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the cellar is a cool idea, but by the time you can get it, it doesn't feel like it matters much. 3 seasons to double the sell price of something isn't that great.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

the cellar is a cool idea, but by the time you can get it, it doesn't feel like it matters much. 3 seasons to double the sell price of something isn't that great.

The payout is great even for lategame, but fermenting anything takes way too long. I haven't played in a week or so but I kinda want to try a second file using a different layout.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The river layout looks fun and I think in a year or something I would play the game again with a new farm.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Memories of an epic haul.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When I was a noob I was blown away by the large pumpkin but with 2 years of farming under my belt I have the greatest respect for Iridium Goat Cheese x31

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's a lot of goats

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

What other good farm games are there? I'd love something like this on 3ds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is basically just Harvest Moon but I remember the harvest moon games on 3DS being fairly assy. I only ever tried one and couldn't get into it at all.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Story of Seasons is probably the closest you'll find on the 3DS. There's also Rune Factory 4 which is the same style of game but fantasy themed so the combat/dungeon exploring is more fleshed out. I haven't got real far into either but the early stages at least are all really similar.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Stardew valley onthe Nintendo switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i love how this game lets you take it slow. no worries out here in the country.

• Locked thread