Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's definitely less risky than dating a coworker or a dorm mate. Still can get a bit sticky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey babe. Need a belay?

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
For you ultralight chumps

Was sweet getting out, let's go again soon! I got a scheme for a 2 night goat ridge traverse. We can save sleeping gear weight and use body heat ;)

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When are we gonna get a tinder for adventure buddies? The ski rolodex is over representing the opposite gender. Meetup.com is fine, but it's more of a LFM, PUG type scene. We need the equivalent of a 2v2 arena queue, where we can sort by class and ability level.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I don't understand any of that

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

I don't understand any of that

Hey if yr gonna poo up my personal #outdoorlove feed, at least be clever :mad: (it's a mmorpg joke)

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just us boys on today's outing. Time for some "locker room talk" about the ski bunnies

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When your bro proposes a trip but you already got plans

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
Serious: I have a much easier time meeting and chatting up strangers out in the wild. It's the same BS in my head everytime, I whine internally that there are too many people on "my" mountain, I have a great conversation with them, and then I dread returning to the lonely city with too much people in it.

Now if I could just figure out getting down out there.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

meselfs posted:

Now if I could just figure out getting down out there.

I got a camping mat and there's a nice overlook up there. Whiskey hot chocolate and chill?

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

Sounds kind of gay. I'll bring ten year cognac, in an ultralight bottle just to mess with you :)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What about people not looking for hookups, but those in LTR looking for tips on how to bang better in the outdoors? Separate thread, or is this a good place too?

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

What about people not looking for hookups, but those in LTR looking for tips on how to bang better in the outdoors? Separate thread, or is this a good place too?

Find a nice inviting tree stump, make sure it doesn't have any spiders.

Edit: This applies to hookupers also, I guess.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hear there's actually some really good snipe hunting just over the ridge. Why don't y'all go scope it out? The missus and I will hang back and, uh, get dinner started

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

hey babe my down quilt's an extra wide

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Picnic Princess posted:

if tent banging, bring tissues and wet wipes into the tent with you

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Levitate posted:

hey babe my down quilt's an extra wide

:wink:

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What you up to? Wanna drink beer and look at maps?

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dilemma. I want to impress the ladies with mushroom hunting, but I don't want to give away all my patches...

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Here, put on this blindfold. Ok, hold my hand, we're going into the woods. No no, it's fine trust me. Ok step over this log. Hmm, careful, it's a bit marshy here. Oh no, I'm sure there's no bears around, that was just my stomach

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know what I can do to impress the ladies; be active in conservation.

Post in my conservation thread you dickholes!

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

Epitope posted:

Dilemma. I want to impress the ladies with mushroom hunting, but I don't want to give away all my patches...

You'd considering giving away patches!? You sound like the kind of guy who'd say something like "hey, lemme buy you a drink"

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you liked it then you shoulda put a map-to-the-mushroom-kingdom on it

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Being an expert at whittling means you know how to use your fingers, which really matters to the ladies.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Just put down the knife first

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Oh, yeah, that matters haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU