Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
I finally got to ride the bike some after a long winter hiatus. Conditions are still sort of poo poo and I've just been commuting but it's still super fun and feels good to scratch that itch. I caught myself doing some very basic newbie mistakes on the bike yesterday, I'm definitely a bit rusty and I need to actively work on some fundamentals. Like, the proper muscles to tense up when things get a little hairy are in the legs, not the arms. Though I was done with that poo poo a long time ago but seemingly not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Today would have been an excellent start to the season but this weekend was already packed and next weekend is rain, then I'm out of town. April is when I'll get started again.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Took a ride to Cycle Gear with my kid today. He rode the monkey one way and the VStrom back home.
I got myself some new gloves, he got a new visor and pin lock insert

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
cleaned the starter button and it stopped binding. jumped the battery and it fired up. i'm going to change the oil before i let myself off the leash but im stoked

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Almost dumped the Bonneville today, but in a way that both would have gone far worse even a year ago and that left me feeling really good about how I reacted.

How I hosed up: Going into a roundabout, I almost shifted down into 1st but thought I’d be fine in 2nd. Realized I missed my exit and decided to just keep goin aground so I wouldn’t have to backtrack.

I was going just a hair wide because of when my plan changed and saw that I wasn’t going to be able to avoid going through some remnants of the gravel they threw down over the winter that had collected in a corner.

Did not target fixate. Looked where I wanted to go. The back tire slid right when I expected it to. Stood the bike up now that I had turned enough not to hit a berm, down shifted, feathered the front brake to shed a little speed, and went on my way.

Kept waiting for a rush of adrenaline to hit, but I felt totally calm afterwards. I knew what I did wrong. The back tire tried to squirrel away from me, but I never lost control. Just one of those learning moments.

Would have been better to just not gently caress up, but loving up and keeping my cool was the next best outcome.

My next bike once I get the Harley sold is gonna be a lovely little dual sport I am gonna be so stupid on.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geekboy posted:

My next bike once I get the Harley sold is gonna be a lovely little dual sport I am gonna be so stupid on.

This is the way

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
one of us! one of us!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cursedshitbox posted:

This is the way

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I really want to trade the MT03 into a KLX300 (sm?) somehow that doesn't make me spend extra money, but they're probably too new still.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
I have a week off work and there was one single nice spring day when I didn't get to ride because of family obligations, then the weather turned to proper poo poo and now there's half a foot of snow on the ground, I'm sure they're out in force spreading salt too. My bike's road legal status lapsed since I didn't manage to get it inspected in time and I think I have a cold coming on. Next week looks to be warm and nice and I'll get the inspection sorted as soon as the ground is bare again but this still sucks. So I'm at home feeling miserable, looking at light dual sports as a second bike (I am convinced it is The Way). This popped up:

1989 Cagiva T4 350R. I ain't buying that for any number of reasons but it looks really clean and the power/weight specs look right and it's cheap. I'll hold out for a DRZ or NX250 or WR250R or KLX250 or something though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I would buy that without hesitation

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That is very cool, how can you turn it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
If it wasn't seven hours away (A few hours more when towing a trailer) I would consider it. It doesn't look like parts are completely unobtainable like I first assumed and it does indeed look very cool.