Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/

This game looks pretty loving amazing and is coming out on 24/02/2017!

Best described as a weird mix between Minecraft, Elite Dangerous and Space Station 13, it is a space survival game with a lot of depth. Full orbital mechanics, PvP, boarding actions and mining are just a few of its features.

Take a look at these videos;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZoA3byeoI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBF9t1REwsA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

are you the bald guy or the other one?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

lalaland posted:

are you the bald guy or the other one?

Neither! Just figured it would be something SA is interested in. It's a cool game that nobody seems to be talking about

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
"Early Access" and "survival", two of the Four Horsemen of lovely Games.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

bear is driving! posted:

"Early Access" and "survival", two of the Four Horsemen of lovely Games.

I assume "Zombies" is the third, but what is the fourth? uPlay?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Zaodai posted:

I assume "Zombies" is the third, but what is the fourth? uPlay?

Zombies and Open World. That you pay for. And then the devs stop updating it and disappear because they already got paid.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

bear is driving! posted:

Zombies and Open World. That you pay for. And then the devs stop updating it and disappear because they already got paid.

Whatever man, The War Z Infestation Survivor Stories is going to pay off ANY DAY NOW!

I don't mind the occasional Early Access game (though they do make me wary), but I will never pay for a survival game that isn't 100% feature complete. I don't know how people keep seeing "Hey, look, we can make a biiiig map!" and then think "the game is like 85% done, this is a slam dunk".

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zaodai posted:

Whatever man, The War Z Infestation Survivor Stories is going to pay off ANY DAY NOW!

I don't mind the occasional Early Access game (though they do make me wary), but I will never pay for a survival game that isn't 100% feature complete. I don't know how people keep seeing "Hey, look, we can make a biiiig map!" and then think "the game is like 85% done, this is a slam dunk".

To be fair, a lot of these games dont actually randomly stop, its just that everyone plays and gets bored of them before they're finished

Rust is still seeing progress despite everyone outside the EU forgetting about it, for example.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsSzoQJek70

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
What's with the fake Nickelback playing in the trailer? Who ever thought that lovely alt rock would work in a space survival game's trailer?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

It's rough. It's really really rough.

There are hints that there maybe a game in there somewhat at some point. But right now it's slightly more of a game than Star Citizen.

Most things work 50% of the time, other things don't work at all. You will not have a clue if things aren't working because you are doing it wrong or because they are broken as the game is rather unintuitive. It's also essentially permadeath - if you die outside your station you can respawn inside it - naked. You won't have a space suit you lost outside - and no means to build another set. You can find extra suits at other stations - but if you managed to get that far you've "beaten" what content there currently is. Since the most you can do is go around collecting loot and station sections from derelicts - but there is nothing beyond that as of right now.

In short it's somewhere between proof of concept and a tech demo. I don't think I would even call it an early access title yet as there isn't really a "game" there yet. I am not saying - "Don't buy it!" - I'm saying - "Don't expect a game."

It's an interesting demo to mess around in for a night or two - but there are certainly better things to spend $25 on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

There's already a Hellion thread, commandos. Come join the fun!

• Locked thread