Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.
When I say "band" I mean me and the singer, because Cyclocosmia is just a studio project at the moment following some tedious drama last year that resulted in the entire live lineup getting fired and my recruiting our art/video director on vocals for the next EP. The entire crew was the two of us.

The camera used was a BlackMagic Pocket Cinema, edit was done on Adobe Premiere. The video budget was:

White dress: £7.99
Box of bandages: £13.99
Two LED "Bat Light" work lights for lighting instead of £200+ "TV" lights that are 90% similar. - £50
= £71.98

Everything else was just stuff lying around the house or things we found on the golf course and graveyard where the outside scenes were shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KqWPJsAF3w

The weird thing is that this video has had a much more positive reception than the last two we did, that had £1000-ish budgets, fx makeup, full band shots, smoke machines etc (you can see them on the channel if you're interested). It's not technically perfect by any means(some of the shots were too dark and got noisy when we turned up the contrast) but for the money I'm really pleased with the result. The near-zero budget forced us to be much more creative than we were before and to think much more carefully about interesting shots and ideas rather than just pointing a camera at a band and telling them to headbang. I'd recommend it as a creative exercise for any band.

Feedback on the music/video always welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fantasy zone
Jul 24, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok heres why this has a positive reception compared to the other two. you said they had like a 1000 budget for each? where did that money go exactly? like lmao its so clean and clinical like i dunno some pumpalomoose or how ever they are spelled video. they look like pr photos for some corporate dickhead who doesnt know anything about what genre of music your making and just making some mental checklist of points in their head. anyway the video is alright way more fitting for your sound and personally the music isnt anything that really hits me but sounds fine and competent.

• Locked thread