Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Ancient Grans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

that is not dead which can eternal lie
and with strange breakfasts give sorghum a try

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
the gently caress is quinoa?

Android Blues

Manifisto posted:

that is not dead which can eternal lie
and with strange breakfasts give sorghum a try

Android Blues

In the craven wood by night a ganging surplus whip'd,
a machine to pulp the flesh of life from grains they held most dear.
An altar to furtive quinoa did they erect, and clutching sorghum too;
milling their worship finely in a cold and limpid stew.

Android Blues

"Kamut! Spelt!" intoned the priest, his voice a sonorous hollow in the dark. I quaked but did not move from my hidden spot. Now, though, the fullness of it was upon me: if I had wanted to I could not move, for I was under the spell of the ancient grains. The headdressed majordomo laid his sordid sacks upon the scales and began what I had seen written in old Meg's book...the ritual of the balanced breakfast. I watched, rapt, as my nausea subsided and along with it all human thought of fear - replaced, like the onrush of night, by a terrible and gnawing hunger.

Android Blues

"Grains!" thundered the old king, his beard encrusted with the cracked remains of Cheerios that had done hopeless battle with the vanguard of his mouth. "I must have grains! Burn the village by the river, Clarus, and devote the land to growing spelt!"

"But sire," quaked the broken servant, "three-fifths of the kingdom's arable lands are already devoted exclusively to spelt. This was once a gluten-free kingdom!"

"Do you seek to question the wisdom of his majesty, lord adjutant?" lulled the gigantic, sweater-wearing bee who stood at the King's left shoulder, his voice a crooning invitation but his lumpen, primary coloured face contorted in an inhuman sneer.

The X-man cometh
Screw all these old fashioned ancient grains! I'm on to newer, fresher, modern grains.

Have you heard about oats? They're gonna be huge!

uber_stoat

The X-man cometh posted:

Screw all these old fashioned ancient grains! I'm on to newer, fresher, modern grains.

Have you heard about oats? They're gonna be huge!

"Ancient grains are a grouping of grains and pseudocereals that are considered to have been little changed by selective breeding over recent millennia, as opposed to more widespread cereals such as corn, rice and modern varieties of wheat, which are the product of thousands of years of selective breeding. Ancient grains are often marketed as being healthier than modern grains, though their health benefits have been disputed by some nutritionists.[1][2]

Ancient grains include the grains spelt, Khorasan wheat (Kamut), millet, barley, teff, OATS, freekeh, bulgur, sorghum, Farro, einkorn, and emmer; and the pseudocereals quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, and chia."

you dang fool. you know nothing of ancient grains.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The X-man cometh
NOOOOOO!!!!!!

social vegan

this sandwich tastes so old so impossibly old

social vegan

pandora finishes her dinner of quinoa cakes and a kale caesar salad before popping open the box zeus gave her, inside was the list of 11 herbs and spices and nothing was the same

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

pandora finishes her dinner of quinoa cakes and a kale caesar salad before popping open the box zeus gave her, inside was the list of 11 herbs and spices and nothing was the same

more specifically, she told the box she liked basil and the box contained a bunch of basil. then it contained cilantro, which she hated. then it contained tarragon which she was meh about. then back to basil, but this time thai basil. then oregano. then an advertisement for singles in her area.

google THIS

You think breakfast is your ally? You merely adopted the grains. I was born in them, crunchatized by them.

social vegan

Manifisto posted:

more specifically, she told the box she liked basil and the box contained a bunch of basil. then it contained cilantro, which she hated. then it contained tarragon which she was meh about. then back to basil, but this time thai basil. then oregano. then an advertisement for singles in her area.

she told the box she liked salvia, and the box had to google local laws first

the unabonger
beer was probably an accidental discovery ancient people made while trying to create cereals. theres gotta be joke in there somewhere

google THIS

Manifisto

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

eonwe posted:

if you eat ancient grains you are committing elder abuse

Ben Franklin was all about eating out those ancient grans though. Are you saying Frankie was abusive?

Ace of Baes

Cnidario

Ishtar and Tammuz smile upon General Mills

Marduk be with you all

Space Taxi
Glutenkhamun

The X-man cometh

Space Taxi posted:

Glutenkhamun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
"Eat it!" the man snapped, Edward sat in front of the bowl in which the grains had lied dormant for thousands of years, was this really what he wanted?

"Eat it, and you will gain its powers!" the man reiterated.

Edward poured the jug of milk slowly over the mixture of oats and spelt, there was no turning back now.

"Quickly, eat it before the old god escapes!"

The taste of over sweetened american breakfast cereal filled his mouth, suddenly he felt really old.

• Locked thread