Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Thank you for saying this, because even I felt the Felix movie was strange and skeevy, too, for reasons I can't put my finger on.

The only thing I can say is that it feels like unbeknownst to Americans who didn't give a drat about Felix for 40 years, over in Europe he was having all sorts of really popular sex-comedy adventures in cartoon form that we never knew about and this movie was for that audience. However, when they released it in the US, they cut all of it out.

:confused::hf::confused:

Weird as hell that it strikes that kinda chord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippity Hoppity
Mar 18, 2017

heh bleb bleb bleb

donate to the humane society
Yea I recall watching it in 5th grade and there was a police officer who handed out D.A.R.E. cards it was kinda weird but I didn't recognize over half the characters so it didn't connect with me as a kid.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Putty posted:

the villain is the ferngully smoke rear end in a top hat in a suit

He has a name tyou know. :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Watching Ferngully 2 in fourth grade class was a mixture of boring and grimdark to my nine year old mind.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Look Who's Taken was pretty bad, john travolta was funny as the the voice of the baby and it was nice how liam neeson loved his grandson so much and would go to any lengths to save the poor lil baby but for a kids movie there was just way too much violence and murder

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Nah, man. This movie was the basis for all my cross fanfiction.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, that Smurf size is NOT canon!

They're three apples tall

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Gaunab posted:

They're three apples tall

Yeah, and all the rest of the characters around them are around equivalent of human children, so the Smurf's height is not right.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

This movie probably got more kids to tune in, turn on, and drop out than Timothy Leary.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bugs Bunny is a smug son of a bitch.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Hippity Hoppity posted:

Yea I recall watching it in 5th grade and there was a police officer who handed out D.A.R.E. cards it was kinda weird but I didn't recognize over half the characters so it didn't connect with me as a kid.

we had to watch that in 6th grade even though we were really more about R rated movies, Adam Sandler and Mortal Kombat by that point.

same thing with the D.A.R.E officer except he also stayed for a chat about seatbelts and car accidents. he started to talk about how two cars crashing head on was the same as that car crashing into a wall at twice the speed (they did this myth on mythbusters at some point|) and my teacher called him out and showed him the math but the cop still wasn't having it

edit - and lol i forgot that he also talked about gang violence how gang members were starting to come to around and "show people what real gang members are like" in areas where people were pretending to be gangsters (wearing jncos and listening to rap) and how we all had to be careful. this was small town New Hampshire lmbo

Tumble fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 25, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yestermoment posted:

Nah, man. This movie was the basis for all my cross fanfiction.
I'VE FOUND THE FURRY gently caress WHO CAUSED TINY TOONS TO CANCEL!!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Shinjobi posted:

Bugs Bunny is a smug son of a bitch.

When you can literally outsmart everyone everywhere you would be a smug oval office as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Uncle Wemus posted:

Theres no amount of hyperbole that can properly encapsulate how bad son of the mask is. Like that movie is what causes AM go mad and start to kill and torture humanity in I have no mouth and i must scream.

There's not a movie in the world that disrespects the intelligence of the target audience as much as this one. There's a scene where the baby who has the freaky mask powers has the idea to make his dad (who he hates) see him doing outlandish supernatural poo poo, and then to act normal around others, with the goal of getting his dad thrown into an insane asylum.

Yes that is a ripoff of One Froggy Evening.

Explicitly.

Because before doing the above, you see the kid watching One Froggy Evening.

But that's not enough.

Because after the kid watches One Froggy Evening (and you see enough of the cartoon to clearly get its premise) you see a thought bubble above his head showing a depiction his dad in the insane asylum.

Son of the mask has a target audience of people its producers consider too dumb to get that they were ripping off a Chuck Jones short directly after being shown the Chuck Jones short, and needed its premise explained to them twice.

• Locked thread