Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Name: Andy

One sentence: Andy's a good boy who stole the hearts of action fans worldwide as Daisy, the dog John Wick (Keanu Reeves) received as a gift from his late wife

Picture:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Name: Dug

Why Dog Good:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Name: Iris

Once sentence: Iris is a top dog because when my wife or I are crying, she loving runs to us and presses her head against us to dry our eyes; she also rips the most magnificent belches.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Name: Asta

Good dog cause: Asta helps solve crimes while his owners get progressively drunk, which in turn helps them solve crimes.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hooch is a good alcoholic dog who solves crimes and bites the crap out of bad guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsu0JLh8D8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Voting thread is up!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812657

• Locked thread