Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I hope many of you out there are having an exciting and profitable protesting season! I know that the (((globalist))) masters want to continue to intimidate the Republicans and Trumpistas, so we anticipate many more gigs over the remainder of the year! However, it's not to early to consider prepare for the next tax season. So here are a few tips from accounting:

1. Keep your address updated with HR! 1099s are sent out in late January. If we don't have your current address on file, you may not get it in a timely fashion. These 1099s are also sent to the IRS. While not strictly required to prepare and file your taxes, they will have the total amount paid to you throughout the year. If you are working for multiple cabals, wait until you receive all your 1099s before filing.

2. You are businessmen and women! Report the income from us on the Schedule C. This will open up more generous deduction options, as they do not compete with the standard deduction, and aren't subject to the 2% of AGI threshold for deductions on the Schedule A.

3. Keep your receipts! Expenses incurred while paid protesting are deductible as business expenses. Materials for signs, balaclavas and bandanas, lodging while travelling to out of state protests, and other expenses can all be deducted! Meals and incidentals incurred while travelling can also be deducted at 50%. This can make a major difference at tax time.

4. Expenses reimbursed by the organization cannot be deducted! Mostly we just pay for bus fare to other locations, but if the organization does reimburse you for an expense, you cannot deduct it as well.

5. Remember the Self-Employment tax! Even though we issue a detailed set of instructions to all paid protestors, you are still considered independent contractors for tax purposes. This means you need to include a schedule SE with your return, and set aside enough to pay the self-employment tax at the end of the year! You may want to consider making quarterly estimated tax payments to minimize the impact next April 15th.

6. Don't forget the states! If you travel to another state for a paid protest, you may need to report the income from that event to that state. Most states will allow a credit against their taxes for taxes paid to another state, but state tax agencies can be more aggressive than the IRS, so be sure to file the appropriate returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's all jew money anyway so you just don't pay taxes on it like all the jews do with their income.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
If your a part timer who earned less than $400 you can just put down as Miscellaneous Income instead of filing Schedule C and Self Employment Tax. Keep in mind, you must report ALL income even from illegal activities! Looking at you, Russian stooges currently occupying the White House.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Where's my bail-out!

T. Taxed
E. Enough
A. Already!

:11tea:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I tried to negotiate with Soros and he called my bluff, now I have to freelance :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
it's ok though this gig protest economy gives me a lot of freedom!!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
$1500 a week for a couple hours of shouting sounds like a real good deal, where do i sign up?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
so im working for soros right now but thinking of leaving him to protest for obama. is he offering benefits?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

it's ok though this gig protest economy gives me a lot of freedom!!

If you're working for the gig protests, definitely keep track of your expenses. Also, they don't get reimbursed for travel, so you'll want to deduct that.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

so im working for soros right now but thinking of leaving him to protest for obama. is he offering benefits?

You'll need to consider both options and make the decision that's best for you. I wouldn't know anything about your situation, nor can I comment on what benefits Obama may offer his agents once he begins operations.

Mister Fister posted:

$1500 a week for a couple hours of shouting sounds like a real good deal, where do i sign up?

People who are interested in this may need to intern or volunteer for some time to get a foot in the door. Show up at a protest with a resume and a portfolio and start passing out resumes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sullat posted:

If you're working for the gig protests, definitely keep track of your expenses. Also, they don't get reimbursed for travel, so you'll want to deduct that.

You'll need to consider both options and make the decision that's best for you. I wouldn't know anything about your situation, nor can I comment on what benefits Obama may offer his agents once he begins operations.

People who are interested in this may need to intern or volunteer for some time to get a foot in the door. Show up at a protest with a resume and a portfolio and start passing out resumes.

sure thing, Mr. SoroOH poo poo I MEAN UH FORUMS POSTER SULLAT

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Protesting seems like a lot of work. Anyone know how to get a job shilling on 4chan and Reddit?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

I tried to negotiate with Soros and he called my bluff, now I have to freelance :smith:
Never negotiate without another offer in your back pocket. I got a raise from Soros after reaching out to the alinksy crew.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Reminder, everyone make sure to log in back to Turbo Tax, they updated the software so now it recognizes the 1099-SOROS form.

etalian has issued a correction as of 01:40 on Mar 7, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

rudatron posted:

Never negotiate without another offer in your back pocket. I got a raise from Soros after reaching out to the alinksy crew.

wait

if you don't negotiate without an offer

and you always negotiate an offer

then how do you get one in your back pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Don't know why you guys think you have to pay taxes. Legally, the "payment" is a charitable donation while protesting is volunteer work.

The real benefit to this, though, is that you can file for unemployment at the same time to double your earnings.

• Locked thread