Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Badger

Badger is a good dog because when I'm working in the garage he never stops moving, and his energy is infectious which pushes me to keep working on poo poo.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Grumbles

Here we have a good dogge who despite being purchased by his original owners has a fashion accessory and not given what a dog needs for 4 years and given up due to their "lack of time" is now my work buddy after I adopted him and spends his days keeping an eye on my team and collecting his pay in treats.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Noodles

Noodles is a good pupper who protects the world from such horrors as other dogs who are on the big tv box and pups that look just like her who hide in mirrors.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Edsel.

Edsel is a good dog because despite being an absolute poo poo at home he is a perfect gentleman in public, to the point where I can walk him off leash in a busy park and he (mostly) keeps to himself even if other dogs are present.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

This is Tyler.

Tyler is a good dog because despite horrific abuse at the hands of his first owner, and being "rescued" by a neighbor who then chained him up in their backyard for 1.5 years and didn't give him any medical or social attention, he is the friendliest dog I've ever known and still has 100% faith in the fact that every dog or human he meets is the best dog or human in the entire world. Because his mouth is badly damaged, he gives intense licks, which makes him seem like he takes licking your entire face very seriously.

Tyler is also a total princess and loves sleeping on stacks of pillows while snoring like a dump truck.

He is a very good dog and we are very lucky that he is part of our family now. :3:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
This is Lydia

Apart from seven million other reasons why she is the best, Lydia is so good at soccer my friends tried to draft her for their social league.

coolmancraig
Aug 13, 2007
Don't you know how popular I am in real life?
This is Louis.

Louis is a good boy because he loves to blow himself and then spin in circles and then mess up his bed and then lick visitors on the face.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rascal

This is rascal:

Rascal is a good boy because he fights the temptation of his wild husky side by giving into his lazy Labrador side and sleeping a lot

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
Odin

Odin is a good boy who thinks he is people until you remind him that he doesn't have thumbs, then he gets a bit huffy.

Some things he enjoys are eating, sleeping, sitting in front of you to get pets, & of course, his favorite thing is getting pets. He loves to snuggle on the sofa, and will actually watch anime on tv. He is also very talkative. He is such a good dogge. Everyone loves lassie, and so he gets all the attention when he is out and about.

alternate.eago fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 27, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Princess

She's floofy, loves to give kisses, hops like a bunny, and mews and headboops like a catte. She goes potty outside like a big girl.

She barks at/chews on everything

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

This dog can drive a car.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2245771/New-Zealand-dogs-pass-driving-test-really-CAN-drive-car.html

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Lily

Lily is a long haired miniature Dachshund, and has more character per square inch than any dog I've ever met. Her hobbies include being best friends with the cat, humping our other dog because sure why not, licking everything within reach, and napping at an olympic level.

This is Lily.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Toecutter

He's 100% full bore goofy poo poo head all the time. I adopted him from a family that had him tied up outside all the time so he has some serious separation anxiety issues. He follows me around the shop and barks at people I don't like.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
This is Ahri, she was a wild dog in the arctic who was saved from the spring cull by a local rescue, now she lives a plush lifestyle with a variety of beds and couches to sprawl on while yearning to eviscerate rodents of all shapes and sizes with remarkable speed and efficiency.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Ellie

She's incredible despite the fact that we found her at 2 weeks old in a trash bag inside a dumpster filled with her dead siblings, having crawled through the pile of death to stick her nose out the top of the bag and cry for help.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Noise Complaint posted:

Ellie

She's incredible despite the fact that we found her at 2 weeks old in a trash bag inside a dumpster filled with her dead siblings, having crawled through the pile of death to stick her nose out the top of the bag and cry for help.

This is a good dog and you are good people. :3:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Holy poo poo, poor girl...glad she found a good home.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Can confirm Ellie is a great dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED

ALL DOGS CONFIRMED GOOD