Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT
:gizz: So in light of the success of NEAI 2016 in beautiful Central Connecticut, it has come time to discuss NEAI 2017. Some possible locations include Central Connecticut (again) and Maine. We are in the earliest planning stages of our next get together, shooting for sometime in April for Connecticut, or August for Maine. We will probably do both, the Connecticut event will be open to everyone, most likely, Maine event seems likely to be a smaller get together for the core group. You know who you are. If anyone wants to host, in any New England state, that would also be welcome. Discuss! As always, the IRC Channel is a great place to talk about rust and homoerotic innuendo with other losers. irc.synirc.net #newenglandai :gizz:

Greasy goon 4.0 orgy flashback!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
If anyone's on the fence, this is intensely fun rednecking all around.

It's also where this video came from

I'm actually good the weekends of April 1, 8, and 29. I think I'm free the whole of August but I'm gonna have to check on that one again in like June.

Someone get one of them new-fangled google docs or polls or what have you going for available weekends.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress yes

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm tentatively in, I recommend we don't do april 15 because I might be going somewhere, and also...

I recommend it be on april 8 because Stafford Motor Speedway swapmeet is april 9, and takes place maybe 15-20min away, so we can go there and hungover regret-buy clapped out busted gearhead poo poo we will never use.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I'll hopefully be able to make it this year. I had to bail on NEAI '16 at the last minute because I was too busy playing in the sweet new pool in my basement that had shown up right as I was getting ready to head out.

So far, the only weekend I have firmly booked up is June 10, but should be free most others. I'm tentatively house shopping atm though, so there's a small chance that's subject to change.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

April is Audit Month for me, so we'll see how that goes but I'll try to make it. Last year was entertaining.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

OK, so right now we are talking about April as working for most people? I have to get Pipkin in here to confirm he actually wants to do it. He said he wanted to, but we definitely need some confirmation from him. He may or may not have been wasted, I can't remember.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
As usual, I'm in given that shenanigans are not planned during my military duty weekends.

31Mar/1-2 APR

05-07 May

And the entire month of June are out for mil reasons. Anything else is negotiable.

August is a bit far away to consider but AUG 4-6 and SEP 9-10 are my drill dates around then.

Adiabatic posted:

Someone get one of them new-fangled google docs or polls or what have you going for available weekends.

http://doodle.com/poll/wuvuegh3utm9bd7i

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 7, 2017

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

I'm totally ready for seasonal NEAI shenanigans.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
your cat is a whore

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I should be good to go, barring any complications.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
So are we doing this poo poo or what? It looks like so far the 22nd/29th or 13th are the best dates for everyone.

PS: whether or not we do this the 8th I'm down for stafford swapmeet the 9th. I need moreless yard art

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I should be available, don't got poo poo else to do.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I'm going on vacation, but one of you guys should bring my black Chevy up and sell it for me.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I can do end of April or whenever in May.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
My schedule is all over the place but Ill try to make it work.

ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still no confirmation on a venue for this year. Noone wants to actually do this. I can't say I blame them.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Anyone going to compounce tomorrow? I've got a truck in cars for sale and a spot in the first row next to a 4 Dr shoebox Ford.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Tentatively, we can likely use my aunt's land in Ludlow, VT on a lake, fires allowed, boating, nobody is there in the summer as its all ski bums.

Let me know what people think of this idea. There's just not a ton of parking and anyone with 4x4 might have to go across the street and primitive camp or at least park.

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

does anyone preferably in massachusetts have any pick and pull recommendations? ill be going to hollands in billerica at 7 am today looking for stuff for an OBS truck

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I remember Hollands, I was looking for wheels for a POS Focus and one of their guys went around the yard with me for an hour looking for them and the center caps. Cools guys.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

violentlycitrus posted:

does anyone preferably in massachusetts have any pick and pull recommendations? ill be going to hollands in billerica at 7 am today looking for stuff for an OBS truck

Sam's is always a good bet. Lots of trucks, although often stripped.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Holland's is a mixed bag, half the time they try to rape me, other times they're decent.

Jack's used auto in billerica
Sam's in Worcester
Standard in Worcester if you don't mind paying out the rear end
Amherst Oakham in Oakham, price depends on whether it's the owner (NO LOW BALLERS I KNOW WHAT I GOT) or the workers (gently caress it just gimme 50 for all of that)
Leveilles in Somers CT
Picknpull in Johnston and Cumberland RI
Everett's in Brockton, tend to be cheap and well organized
Brockton Auto parts if you want to feel like you got dropped in what's left of a drone-struck Somalian terror cell camp in backwoods Alabama that somehow was planning on building bombs out of stacks of worthless smashed cars caked in mud by dumping them in a swamp (don't bother even going)

There are a few others but those are the ones that come to mind. Johnston, Cumberland, and Sam's are the first 3 on my list, then Amherst Oakham if I'm desperate, then the rest. I wish Everett's wasn't 1.5 hours away, BAP I don't visit even if I'm next door at Everett's because there aren't enough tetanus shots in the world to get me to fruitlessly wander through that hopeless Lord of the Flies shithole again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

hollands wasnt bad today, decent dude helped me out, and ill be back tomorrow to buy more pieces of broken trucks

e: i might try jacks too, but they seemed expensive on their website

• Locked thread