Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

J-Ro posted:

Heyman doing what Heyman does best.

Lose money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
wait, all this talk about raccoons.

raccoons. raccoon city. who do i know that says they're from...

Chuckie T is fighting Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
At least the cruiserweight match was good

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Brock from Summerslam 2014 until mania 31 was one of the cooler things in wrestling history for me. It's been more bad than good since then.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

MassRafTer posted:

Lose money?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Also, the Heyman promo is hinting it's Career vs. Career along with the title on the line. Goldberg gets shot into the sun, and then we get KO/Lesnar at Extreme Rules/Summerslam if that's when he does his rematch clause.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mkay0 posted:

Brock from Summerslam 2014 until mania 31 was one of the cooler things in wrestling history for me. It's been more bad than good since then.

Mostly agreed. Though I'd start it at his first Cena match for Cool

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brock ending the streak was cool

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Waaaaay better than Fastlane

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

Brock ending the streak was cool

Yeah, you're right. I amend my statement to say Brock was cool from mania 30 to the day after mania 31

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
That PPV was really, really terrible. How can Raw be so poorly booked and smackdown not when it's supposedly Vince running both, I don't get it

Lmao

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They make Raw look bad to make Chrisley look better

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

mkay0 posted:

It was very cool at the time. Little did anyone know it would become Brock Lesnar's default match and he would never actually wrestle anything resembling a compelling match again, ever

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

That PPV was really, really terrible. How can Raw be so poorly booked and smackdown not when it's supposedly Vince running both, I don't get it

Lmao

Someday SD will get a third hour and the bricks will fall

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
To the person who asked why we watch when we don't enjoy it:

I don't know. This was a saddening experience of wrestling. Bad matches, atrociously horrible writing. Made me sad and considering cutting WWE network. I'll hobble through Wrestlemania at least.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

We watch because WWE actually has a lot of talented folks and we just desperately want them to do good things even while being confident that they won't.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I watch because then I say, "While my life is awful, I guess it could be worse."

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
that was, uh, real loving bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple! posted:

We watch because WWE actually has a lot of talented folks and we just desperately want them to do good things even while being confident that they won't.

Yep.

SD Is Good, though, for real

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Congratulations Roman Reigns, I think Goldberg is now my least favorite current wrestler

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Midnightghoul posted:

Congratulations Roman Reigns, I think Goldberg is now my least favorite current wrestler

I really want to like Goldberg. But he seems legitimately unable to wrestle. Watching him celebrate with him family after winning off a distraction and 2 moves was just pathetic.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Goldberg was seriously never good.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
DDP was a miracle worker who doesn't get half the credit he deserves for getting that match out of Goldberg. I don't give a poo poo if he had to plan it out in advance.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Tato posted:

DDP was a miracle worker who doesn't get half the credit he deserves for getting that match out of Goldberg. I don't give a poo poo if he had to plan it out in advance.

I'll always laugh that Goldberg concussed himself after doing a spear in that match.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
What a waste of time, did Reigns win his match I missed the finish

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VoLaTiLe posted:

What a waste of time, did Reigns win his match I missed the finish

BOW WOW

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Fastlane was the worst PPV since Mania 32. Holy poo poo it was awful.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

Fastlane was the worst PPV since Mania 32. Holy poo poo it was awful.

Well 33 is right around the corner.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

33 is going to be the first wrestlemania in 5+ years I'm not going to bother watching live

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I watched 32 while in the depths of sever anxiety and depression so I imagine 33 will at least have that on top of it.

32 still sucked rear end though.

Roman V Undertaker though....

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
UFC 209: "well, at least no one can put on a worse show than us this weekend"

WWE Fastlane: "...hold my beer!"

What a lovely show. Only thing that was good was Neville/Gallagher. The Goldberg match was booked as we expected. Roman/Brawn was ok but I question the booking. Joe vs Zayn was decent too.

Everything else was bad. The Cesaro/Mahal/Show/Rusev segment was especially brutal.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Everything else was bad. The Cesaro/Mahal/Show/Rusev segment was especially brutal.

I just don't understand this part of the show at all. The while thing was weird and the fact that it was booked so high on the card really killed any enthusiasm that I had to see the final matches.

Sami/Joe should have taken this spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That whole sequence felt like they realized they had extra time so they went into the Fill Some Time With a Random Storyline playbook. I didn't think it was *bad* exactly, but it was something you'd expect on a random Raw, not a PPV.

• Locked thread