Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
The most baffling thing for me was the controls in Shenmue.

D pad for movement and the R trigger to run forward? What the gently caress?

e: :synpa:

Mr. Bones fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

r for run

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
I mean it's weird because it doesn't just toggle you between walking and running, it actually sends you forward like a car's accelerator.

It's an especially strange choice because they could have had analog movement with the stick, but it's mapped to "look", which you don't even really have to do.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Do not question Shenmue

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Manfrompoot posted:

I mean it's weird because it doesn't just toggle you between walking and running, it actually sends you forward like a car's accelerator.

It's an especially strange choice because they could have had analog movement with the stick, but it's mapped to "look", which you don't even really have to do.

r for run, idiot. gently caress you

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Playing Age of Empires 2 as a child permanently wired me to think of myself as blue and my enemy as red. If I see a game where this is not the case, I delete it.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Playing Age of Empires 2 as a child permanently wired me to think of myself as blue and my enemy as red. If I see a game where this is not the case, I delete it.

Yeah I agree with that. But does that conflict with how Player 1 is traditionally red, and Player 2 is blue? At least thats how it is in smash bros and certain other games Ithink.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I'm a little rusty but iirc that model has yellow Player 3, and green Player 4. Just to lay everything out on the table, while we're discussing it.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
The A button is red on the Super Famicom/New Nintendo 3DS. A means advance, but red means stop. I don't think you'll be able to find any controller without at least one logical inconsistency.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cobweb Heart posted:

i always pick red as my player colour when i have the chance

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to make myself colorblind to purge these confusing thoughts forftvr

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wow. Ruthless

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
[wandering in from gbs, where everyone spells correctly while posting about dominos pizza and how Lena Dunham is fat] look at this typographical error here in imp zone LOL

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

it wasn't a burn forftvr is exactly what I thought too

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

well if you wandered in from gbs why don't you wander right back in there

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

well if you wandered in from gbs why don't you wander right back in there

This is embarrassing for you. 😑

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Skylark posted:

Yeah I agree with that. But does that conflict with how Player 1 is traditionally red, and Player 2 is blue? At least thats how it is in smash bros and certain other games Ithink.

Hm, I would say smash bros gets a pass because Mario the main is red. The other games are wrong. Unless they have mitigating aesthetic justifications.

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
shift key for running/sprinting as you are "shifting" your gears to move faster

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

w Is walk and W is run

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

i always pick red as my player colour when i have the chance

That's probably because, well red is the color of blood and your a bonafide psychopath who loves seeing blood. Makes sense to me

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

That's probably because, well red is the color of blood and your a bonafide psychopath who loves seeing blood. Makes sense to me

i guess that makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i wear green, the color of courage (Link), strength (Master Chief), and high jumps (Luigi)

• Locked thread