Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Even a simple "takes more damage from fire" is enough to ensure 99% chance of victory to your guy with a fire weapon, from my experience.

I think in my 3+ playthroughs I barely lost a dozen or two infiltration and I literally infiltrate every position in every fort every time.

Online Pit Fights are an another thing entirely though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

What should I be doing to level up me / my orcs in the shadow wars? I've just returned to Nurnen and they're all level 15 fuckwits with their fingers jammed up their noses, but all the new orcs turning up are several levels higher than me, immune to everything and roll around in packs of three.

Should I just send my orcs on loads of nemesis missions to rake in the exp and then start dominating the big boys once I've levelled up enough? As mentioned above the fight pits are a bit crap (although if your orc loses you get a free one ready to be dominated)

Also is there any legendary gear I should be aiming for? I got a machine sword that causes explosions with every glaive swing and it loving rips, plus a cloak that makes the dash through enemies free to use. I've been getting bits of gear by recruiting orcs, leveling them into legendary then popping their heads off, but the only reliable way to make them legendary that I've found is to spend 20k mirian which has depleted my account pretty fast.

Game is cool and I'm really glad I read bits of the thread and cranked it up to nemesis difficulty early on.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Even a simple "takes more damage from fire" is enough to ensure 99% chance of victory to your guy with a fire weapon, from my experience.

I think in my 3+ playthroughs I barely lost a dozen or two infiltration and I literally infiltrate every position in every fort every time.

Online Pit Fights are an another thing entirely though.

I just accept the online pit fight wins and losses I'm notified about, i have a specially themed warlord in each fort that really ties the whole army together and i would never gamble any of my precious warlords, my precious, precious warlords. My Tower died once and i shut the whole game off to save him

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah it definitely seems like infiltration is a waste of good orcs, the only thing you really want good orcs for is being a tough warchief. Like giving them a shield and arrow-proof or savage counter and arrow-proof on the off chance that someone actually fails to take your fort.

Actually, are there "perfect" stats for a warchief? What's the objective hardest orc to beat?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Arrow-proof or being an Olog to avoid someone pulling them up to a ledge for a 1 on 1 fight is probably the single most necessary thing. Vaultproof is decent, or that rapid adaptation trait. Lots of rage triggers, no weaknesses, great strength, and no last chance just so that one slip up kills you would be my picks.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Ologs are super easy i think, just the same dance of sliding between their legs and slapping their buttcheeks. Shield captains tho i almost always struggle with, if they adapt to my usual bag of tricks before i kill them i have to retreat and stealth attack (not sure if this is possible in a overlord battle), and if they have that second wind/undying trait? Holy shittttt, forget about it. I'd make my fort bosses shield guys with that trait and ideally fast adapters.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Does anybody know if Mirian that is dropped in the course of a say, Online conquest is auto-collected at the end or do you have to manually pick it all up? (I've got the gear that makes allied orc kills have a chance to drop mirian)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TSBX posted:

Does anybody know if Mirian that is dropped in the course of a say, Online conquest is auto-collected at the end or do you have to manually pick it all up? (I've got the gear that makes allied orc kills have a chance to drop mirian)

It definitely is auto collected because I got filthy loving rich off those traits and homie don’t have time to pick up pennies

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm finally working on finishing SoM now and will then buy/play the definitive edition of this here game. How are the environments compared to the first one? My only complaint with SoM is that there are two maps: a dirty brown one, and a dirty green one.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

I'm finally working on finishing SoM now and will then buy/play the definitive edition of this here game. How are the environments compared to the first one? My only complaint with SoM is that there are two maps: a dirty brown one, and a dirty green one.

Lots more variety here: City map, cave map, jungle map, volcano map, snow map, and in the dlc desert map. They all look good imo

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

SettingSun posted:

Lots more variety here: City map, cave map, jungle map, volcano map, snow map, and in the dlc desert map. They all look good imo

That's fantastic news, thank you! And if I'm not mistaken, microtransactions were removed?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

That's fantastic news, thank you! And if I'm not mistaken, microtransactions were removed?

Correct and everything that was available from them has been made available via some newly added mechanics.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

chaosapiant posted:

yep, the game was good when it released, its fantastic now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Cool, I'm pumped! I was into some other poo poo when it came out so I missed all of the hype train. Now that's it's an all put together version, I'm super excited. I have job where I make money and use that money to buy myself video games. This will be the next video game I used to buy with my job money.

• Locked thread