Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

got some chores tonight posted:

your moddoc said my action succeeded but you pm'd me that it failed

This is absolutely correct, I did gently caress up and somehow send you a FAILED instead of SUCCEEDED. Sorry about that, and I'm really glad it didn't affect anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What about this as a potential setup tweak - the first time the Godfather successfully performs a kill, they janitor their target (the scumteam is informed, the thread is not)? I think that suitably gives the scumteam a little bit of an information boost and makes using the Godfather more strategic. For example, you probably want to use the janitor kill on Night 2 or so once you have more information about potential town power roles, which allows the setup of a potentially uncounterable fakeclaim that town has to consider.

I agree that introducing Lynchproof into the game is more of an anti-fun measure than I would like. I don't really enjoy Lynchproof as a rule. (He said, having put a 2x Deathproof character into Shine III.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Definitely agree with removing BP Miller and replacing it with a VB, though.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Podima posted:

This is absolutely correct, I did gently caress up and somehow send you a FAILED instead of SUCCEEDED. Sorry about that, and I'm really glad it didn't affect anything!

it ruined mafia forever

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Doesn't having a Miller make mafia stronger, and isn't the issue that the mafia is too weak..?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

Doesn't having a Miller make mafia stronger, and isn't the issue that the mafia is too weak..?

Not really - in this setup (and in an open setup in general), the Miller actually narrows the scum options. Like you saw in this game, it is essentially a risk-free confirmed town. If it were a closed setup, scum could fakeclaim Miller as a possible avenue to success. Even just removing the BP makes it kinda ehh.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

What about this as a potential setup tweak - the first time the Godfather successfully performs a kill, they janitor their target (the scumteam is informed, the thread is not)? I think that suitably gives the scumteam a little bit of an information boost and makes using the Godfather more strategic. For example, you probably want to use the janitor kill on Night 2 or so once you have more information about potential town power roles, which allows the setup of a potentially uncounterable fakeclaim that town has to consider.

I agree that introducing Lynchproof into the game is more of an anti-fun measure than I would like. I don't really enjoy Lynchproof as a rule. (He said, having put a 2x Deathproof character into Shine III.)

This would also be fine and interesting.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I agree, definitely ditch the Miller for a 7th VB, and when the BP Godfather makes a NK attempt, they lose those two powers for the night, but if the kill succeeds the target is Rolecopped and Janitored.

No Lynchproof, that would not add to Fun. Thanks Chores for the guidance on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.samafia.net/wiki/Nailbiter

Wiki's updated - note that I've written it such that the Godfather can only Rolecop/Janitor once per game for now.

Thanks everyone for the design discussion, it's fun iterating on this setup!

• Locked thread