Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
TBH, the first one was a little my fault for not advising against charging in and, in fact, actively encouraging it because I assumed that the blue guys and leaders would be artillery/have some ranged options because, like, cult stuff and engaging hard with them would mostly neuter them. That assumption did, as they say, make an rear end out of me.

Also, just and observation that we as players may need to deal with or the GM may need to keep in mind: Minions are gonna kick our rear end way harder than they were designed to because we don't have any multi-target at-wills except for the fighters' cleave, and that only has one attack roll and can only hit two people at most. Georgie has a close burst one as an encounter if she can manage to surround herself in boys, and Sasha's daily will clear out minions if we get surrounded. I could swap out Dragonfear for Dragon Breath on Georgie until we hit paragon since her build doesn't need it until then, but even then we probably want to think about picking up bursts and blasts if we can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That's actually good for me to keep in mind. Thanks.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

TBH, the first one was a little my fault for not advising against charging in and, in fact, actively encouraging it because I assumed that the blue guys and leaders would be artillery/have some ranged options because, like, cult stuff and engaging hard with them would mostly neuter them. That assumption did, as they say, make an rear end out of me.

Also, just and observation that we as players may need to deal with or the GM may need to keep in mind: Minions are gonna kick our rear end way harder than they were designed to because we don't have any multi-target at-wills except for the fighters' cleave, and that only has one attack roll and can only hit two people at most. Georgie has a close burst one as an encounter if she can manage to surround herself in boys, and Sasha's daily will clear out minions if we get surrounded. I could swap out Dragonfear for Dragon Breath on Georgie until we hit paragon since her build doesn't need it until then, but even then we probably want to think about picking up bursts and blasts if we can.

I would honestly take dragonfear every time when most 4E fights are going to last like 4 rounds tops.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm taking Forceful Drag and Inescapable Hold for my level-up. Will have new sheet uploaded to orokos in a few minutes unless anybody has any better ideas.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Georgie learned about sympathy and JUSTICE. (She gained Sympathetic Agony and Disciple of Justice)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm out tonight, sorry!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking I may well have to open recruitment again.

Some of you who have been absent, of course, have good reasons for it- not that you really need a GOOD reason, it's a game here. I want to be very clear on this, I don't want anyone to feel bad if they can't make it.

But- Speleothing, you could at least have an excuse. I've been clear on the time and day of the week, and it's not like you don't participate when you do show up, so just... tell us when you can't be here? Whether it's because you're not feeling well or a friend is having a party or whatever, I don't actually care what the reason is so long as you give us a heads up. But I am going to have to ask that you do give us that. Meet us halfway here.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Yeah assuming nothing changes with my work situation(aka none) or living situation, or my laptop or internet connection, I should be able to make it to any games in the immediate future except maybe the sessions on June 29 and July 6, as those are right before and right after me going to Anime Expo LA, so complications could ensue(probably not, but I felt the need to warn ahead of time)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I am out this next week while I am on vacation. Not troubled by the thought of anyone running Brom; he is fairly straightforward--attempt to do really high damage 1-2 times per fight, probably miss, rinse-repeat.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

dont even fink about it posted:

I am out this next week while I am on vacation. Not troubled by the thought of anyone running Brom; he is fairly straightforward--attempt to do really high damage 1-2 times per fight, probably miss, rinse-repeat.

Thing is for this next session I feel we'd want Brom to have an input on some of the non-fighty choices being made- there's some RPing to be done while I slap together the next few encounters in transit to the next major action portion. We can just skip next week if that's fine with everyone else.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Thing is for this next session I feel we'd want Brom to have an input on some of the non-fighty choices being made- there's some RPing to be done while I slap together the next few encounters in transit to the next major action portion. We can just skip next week if that's fine with everyone else.

You could use the two weeks to pull in your next player...?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I'm fine either way

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
After much dawdling I have re-opened the recruitment thread, but will be ready to run tonight with 4.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm running late from work tonight. Feel free to start without me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Following up on Aleksandria's Religion check:

Orcus isn't quite a god, more of a demigod, known as the Demon Prince of the Undead, Demon Lord of Undeath, and the Blood Lord. He fancies himself becoming the God of the dead, seeking to kill the Raven Queen and usurp her role.

Worship of Orcus is practically unknown in the world- most people have probably never even heard the name, and most of you only know it from your training at the Abbey. He's worshipped by the undead, and those who don't fear undeath.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm going to step away from the game because work has been too much of a hassle and I keep brushing up against showing up for a 7:30 game at 8:00. Please promote the next player on the waiting list to full-time status.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Is this effective immediately, or do you want to show up to usher your PC offstage? (I won't kill him off!)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Is this effective immediately, or do you want to show up to usher your PC offstage? (I won't kill him off!)

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and leave you guys to it (just got home again).

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Well, that's too bad. It was great having you in the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Just a reminder that I won't be available this week, as I'll be traveling out of town for a convention

• Locked thread