Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's an interesting take on the roguelite genre, where they take a lot of stuff from the deus ex genre of games, and put it into a procedurally generated top-down 2D RPG format. the combat is less skill based than gungeon, but it reminds me of it in terms of exploration and visual style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35B_J98mqLs

you can hack computers, blow up surroundings, persuade people, recruit party members, lock-pick, etc. in order to satisfying 2 or 3 mission objectives per floor, which unlocks an elevator and gives you a quest reward. you have to manage limited resources, and think creatively to solve problems. that's all tied into collecting resources that help you upgrade your base, and get new perks, mutators, and other things that change gameplay.

i've done a handful of runs, and it's pretty fun and engaging. the humor is like ur-nerd poo poo, and terrible, but it's easy to ignore. idk if it's necessarily worth 15 dollars, but i like it as a nice 30 minute break game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread