Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

Please congratulate the finalists for the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament!

This thread is NOT the final voting thread. That thread is here.

This thread is the donation :toxx: thread.

What is the donation :toxx: thread?

Each subforum winner has been asked to nominate a charity to support. Something Awful will donate to the winner's charity upon the completion of the voting. Post in this thread if you want to commit to supporting the winner's charity!

Questions and Answers
  • Should I post my vote in this thread?
    You can if you like, but it won't count. This is not the voting thread. This is the donation toxx thread.

• Can I post in this thread if I don't want to donate to the winner's charity?
    Any post in this thread is a :toxx: to donate to the winner's charity. Do not post in this thread if you don't want to toxx!

• Do I have to toxx to be able to vote in the voting thread?
    Nope! You are not required to donate to vote. You are only required to donate if you post in this thread.

• How will donation toxxes be enforced?
    Once voting closes, you will have one week to post a screenshot proving you made a donation to the winner's charity. Please redact your personal information!

• Is there a minimum donation amount?
    Donate what you're comfortable with

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

America's Next Top Mongrel Nominees

GBS: Krustee (nominated by Dinosaurmageddon)
Charity: New Harvest
Bio: Krustee - the rad as heck burgerpug - is from the alpha timeline.

PYF: Dog with mailman shoes (nominated by Mameluke)
Charity: Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
Bio: This is my favourite dog.

BYOB: Weedwolf (nominated by Uxzuigal)
Charity: Camano Animal Shelter
Bio: Weedwolf is the chillest of all dogs, adopted by BYOB at Christmas 2016 he is the pinnacle of selective breeding, his favorite food is brownies!

Games: Rusty (nominated by Anidav)
Charity: RSPCA Australia/Animal Welfare League QLD
Bio: He is a good dog.

Let's Play: Missile (nominated by EponymousMrYar)
Charity: The Humane Society of the United States
Bio: Is good at barking, swapping positions of two similar-shaped objects and traversing through stable time loops (the slow way) to save his master because that's apparently what Good Doggies do.

Star Citizen: Kayak (nominated by Beet Wagon)
Charity: Bimini Biological Field Station
Bio: Kayak is a good dog because even though he got scared by a chicken thigh once he still goes on adventures and also if you take his sunglasses off he shoots red lasers out of his eyes like Cyclops (I made that part up).

C-SPAM: Loukanikos (nominated by wizard on a water slide)
Charity: Prison Pet Partnership
Bio: This is Loukanikos, the Greek "riot dog", who showed up to multiple protests over the course of several years in Athens. He died at home in 2014 at the age of ten, his health having been compromised by the various gasses and other nonlethal weapons used against protesters. There's a photo online of a pig kicking him. Loukanikos is the most C-SPAM dog, and my friend.

BFC: Rufus Wolf St. (nominated by Thoguh)
Charity: Animal Legal Defense Fund
Bio: He is a good dog because he is a very BFC dog.

YOSPOS: Dogface (nominated by graph and everyone in YOSPOS)
Charity: ASPCA
Bio: hes a very good boy

SAS: Ozzie (nominated by Athanatos)
Charity: Humane Society of Logan County, IL
Bio: He likes catfishing

Special Jury Selection: Ivy (nominated by bewbies in SAS)
Charity: The Bella Foundation
Bio: Ivy is a good dog because she was born without eyes due to some horrible irresponsible puppy mill operator but she still dogs as hard as any dog even though she often winds up running into things or stuck on top of things (as she is here).

Rowdy Ringsports: Bella (nominated by Writer Cath)
Charity: Lincoln County Humane Society
Bio: Bella's big, and wants to be your friend.

AI: Rascal (nominated by funny star wars parody)
Charity: Detroit Dog Rescue
Bio: Rascal is a good boy because he fights the temptation of his wild husky side by giving into his lazy Labrador side and sleeping a lot

PI: Gaston (nominated by where the red fern gropes)
Charity: Kaarakin
Bio: he owns my yard and won't leave

TFR: Boo (nominated by Sixgun Strumpet)
Charity: Quail Forever
Bio: Like Paxton and Rickman, too good for this world, you were a bit of an awkward teenager, and fascinated by gun related stuff, you loved shoes but you were a biter, you were a good little bird.

GIP: Monty (nominated by Zeris)
Charity: Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary
Bio: A work of posting art

CineD: Andy (nominated by X-Ray Pecs)
Charity: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bio: Andy's a good boy who stole the hearts of action fans worldwide as Daisy, the dog John Wick (Keanu Reeves) received as a gift from his late wife

BBV: Bear (nominated by Black Baby Goku)
Charity: Snow Leopard Trust
Bio: He watches Coen brother films with me and laughs at the "cut off your Johnson" scene in lebowski as do I.

CC: Maddie (nominated by neongrey)
Charity: D'Arcy's Animal Rescue Center
Bio: She loves belly rubs and licking your hand and chasing things you throw for her and being terribly excited to see you when you get home and I believe these things qualify her not only as a dog, but as best dog.

Finally, please spare a thought for Icarus, the very good dog of forums poster Nostalgia4Dogges, who was recently struck by a car and killed. RIP to this good dog, and all the good dogs from everywhere who are now wagging in heaven.

pig slut lisa has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
OP, Mod, WTF?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:toxx: me baby

e: I'll :toxx: for $25 unless Kayak wins and then I'll toxx for $50 and let SA name a tagged lemon shark cause I'm sure that will go well.

e:

Beet Wagon has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Mar 26, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:toxx: me for $20 bbg

FAT32 SHAMER has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Mar 27, 2017

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

oh right i :toxx: for $25

pig slut lisa has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Apr 3, 2017

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
:toxx: $20 bux but it better go to Monty jeez.

Laranzu has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Mar 26, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Laranzu posted:

:toxx: $20 bux but it better go to Monty jeez.

Same

edit:

Zeris has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Mar 26, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
:toxx: in for :20bux:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

:toxx: for $20

These are all good dogges.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

edit:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Apr 4, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
:toxx: for $25 if Monty loses.

:toxx: for Monty's percent of the vote times five rounded up to the nearest $10 if he wins.

So if he gets 10% of the total vote and wins I will donate $50. If he gets 9% of the total vote and wins I will donate $50 (9*5=45, rounded up to the nearest $10). If he gets 11.5% of the total vote and wins I will donate $60 (11.5*5 = $57.5, rounded up to the nearest $10). And so on and so forth. If the Russians do what they are supposed to do and he gets 100% of the vote, that means I donate $500.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
:toxx: for $50.

edit: I attached my donation screenshot to a post further down the thread.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Mar 28, 2017

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
All dogs are good dogs, but some dogs are exceptional, and while kayak the video game dog has to wear goggles every time he goes outside to shield his eyes from Earth's harsh sun, Loukanikos once charged a live tear gas grenade and bit the bejezus out of it!

To honor Loukanikos, my :toxx: shall be two dollars for every percentage point of voters that check Louk in their vote, which I think is currently a bit over $50. If you haven't voted yet, be sure to check Louk so it will go up!

Ride now for Loukanikos! Ride to ruin and the world's end!

e: Looks like we had 1969 voters (nice!), of whom 557 or 28.29% checked Loukanikos. I have to assume that the other 71.71% of ballots were misread due to hanging chads or Russian hacking, because how could anyone not vote for Louk? In any case, $2 per point brings us to $56.58, which I have rounded up to $60.

Duscat has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Mar 26, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh right! drat I forgot this thread!

:toxx: for $25

Victory Position has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Apr 2, 2017

MariusMS
Jan 26, 2006

Who's laughing now?
Clapping Larry
In for 50.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
If either Rusty or Loukanikos win I'll donate $25 to their respective charities (i.e. both get paid if either of them win).

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:siren: Voting is now closed :siren:

Congrats to Loukanikos and C-SPAM's wizard on a water slide for your big win! :cheerdoge:

Because Loukanikos won, everyone who posted in this thread must make a donation to the Prison Pet Partnership. Please edit your post with a screenshot showing your donation by no later than Sunday, April 2. Don't forget to redact any identifying information from your post!

Thanks to everyone for making a pledge. This is a really worthwhile cause and I'm happy SA will be supporting it.

Finally, to anyone reading this who has not yet made a pledge: we welcome you to join us in donating over the next week!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
louk was 0.44% away from a perfect win

PrisonPetPlanet... alex jones dog program

Homeless Friend has a new favorite as of 22:34 on Mar 26, 2017

MariusMS
Jan 26, 2006

Who's laughing now?
Clapping Larry

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MariusMS has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Mar 27, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I didn't toxx but I did donate $25.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Duscat posted:

e: Looks like we had 1969 voters (nice!), of whom 557 or 28.29% checked Loukanikos. I have to assume that the other 71.71% of ballots were misread due to hanging chads or Russian hacking, because how could anyone not vote for Louk? In any case, $2 per point brings us to $56.58, which I have rounded up to $60.
I voted for Louk. I also voted for all of the good dogs. Even the retractable claws or feathered dogs.

Let's see if this attachment works...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is there a way to donate to PPP without using PayPal?

edit: looks like i can use a prepaid visa with it so no worries

FAT32 SHAMER has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Mar 27, 2017

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Also threw in :10bux: for the Detroit Dog Rescue, since I'd never heard of them before and I just had to pitch in for the hometown team.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also threw in :10bux: for the Detroit Dog Rescue, since I'd never heard of them before and I just had to pitch in for the hometown team.

Yay!! 😊

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Tirade posted:

If either Rusty or Loukanikos win I'll donate $25 to their respective charities (i.e. both get paid if either of them win).

For Loukanikos:

For Rusty:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

TBeats posted:

:toxx: for $25 if Monty loses.

:toxx: for Monty's percent of the vote times five rounded up to the nearest $10 if he wins.

So if he gets 10% of the total vote and wins I will donate $50. If he gets 9% of the total vote and wins I will donate $50 (9*5=45, rounded up to the nearest $10). If he gets 11.5% of the total vote and wins I will donate $60 (11.5*5 = $57.5, rounded up to the nearest $10). And so on and so forth. If the Russians do what they are supposed to do and he gets 100% of the vote, that means I donate $500.

Sorry if this is late but Monty let fame go to his head and it got out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Thanks everyone! I count ~$400 in donations to an extremely worthwhile cause. I appreciate your generosity!

• Locked thread