Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiQR_srtc-E

quote:

The Boss Baby is a 2017 American computer-animated comedy film, loosely based on the 2010 picture book of the same name written and illustrated by Marla Frazee.[3] Produced by DreamWorks Animation, the film is directed by Tom McGrath and written by Michael McCullers. It stars the voices of Alec Baldwin, Miles Bakshi, Steve Buscemi, Jimmy Kimmel, Lisa Kudrow and Tobey Maguire. The plot follows a baby who is a secret agent in the secret war between babies and puppies.

I can't wait to see that movie. It reminds me a little of Rugrats, or maybe Stewie from Family Guy. What's funny is the movie is basically the story from the baby in the suit meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I have an eight month old who looks like the baby in the movie. I couldn't get out of seeing it even in I wanted to.

recoverytrouble
Jan 28, 2008

I saw it last weekend to take my 5 year old son for his first trip to the movies. Also took my 14 year old son. It was better than I expected.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is the baby running a company not enough that he also has to be an anti-dog james bond?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn you Dreamworks, even your stupid movies end up looking like things I will want to eventually watch. I just love Alec Baldwin so much

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

precision posted:

Goddamn you Dreamworks, even your stupid movies end up looking like things I will want to eventually watch. I just love Alec Baldwin so much

I'm doing the Rodney Dangerfield thing where he tugs at his collar and looks at the camera.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Man I just read a review of this and the plot is even more overcomplicated than the trailers imply.

So the Boss Baby comes from Babycorp, which is a thing all babies come from, except he didn't giggle when tickled with a feather so instead of being sent to Earth he was placed in middle management (this is almost funny.) But he's now on Earth with a family because he's going undercover to stop Puppycorp from launching a product so cute that it'll make babies "obsolete". And all babies remember Babycorp until their pacifiers are taken away, because sucking on a pacifier keeps you in touch with the baby collective consciousness...

... and I feel like this is the point where in a development meeting someone normally says "Let's back up a bit, we're losing the thread a little", but nope.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

So the Boss Baby comes from Babycorp, which is a thing all babies come from, except he didn't giggle when tickled with a feather so instead of being sent to Earth he was placed in middle management (this is almost funny.) But he's now on Earth with a family because he's going undercover to stop Puppycorp from launching a product so cute that it'll make babies "obsolete". And all babies remember Babycorp until their pacifiers are taken away, because sucking on a pacifier keeps you in touch with the baby collective consciousness...

Does americans even know where babies comes from? It's not like this is the first movie in recent times where babies apparently appears from the aether.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alhazred posted:

Does americans even know where babies comes from? It's not like this is the first movie in recent times where babies apparently appears from the aether.

This is why The Addams Family Values should be required viewing in schools.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Actually, the woman just has the entire Baby Geniuses extended universe all up inside her.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Maxwell Lord posted:

Man I just read a review of this and the plot is even more overcomplicated than the trailers imply.

... and I feel like this is the point where in a development meeting someone normally says "Let's back up a bit, we're losing the thread a little", but nope.

Also puppycorp is doing this because the boss was another smart baby but his lactose intolerance made it so he couldn't drink the baby formula that makes babies into smart adult babies and also the whole movie is just a dream OR IS IT

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Alhazred posted:

No you're right most children's films start with a scene of the main characters parents loving

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Look Who's Talking does.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Man Kirstie Alley was fine

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
anyone else watch this movie and find that the boss baby reminded them of their own boss?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yes but only because my boss is literally a hyper intelligent infant. Their personalities and management styles couldn't be more different.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

It didn't remind me of my boss, but it reminded me of my baby, my boss's baby, my baby's boss, and Chappie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Kids enjoyed it while I enjoyed an hour of sleep. 8/10

• Locked thread