Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
Well gently caress :(

Not expecting it in November then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The band performed on Kimmel during his Brooklyn week. The performance is great but i have to imagine that looking out on a crowd of that size not dancing or moving or anything is really annoying.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Saw them tonight at a festival and it was loving incredible, oh my god :swoon: First time seeing them (I'd been wanting to see them for 12 years after getting a copy of the self-titled from a cousin in 2005 and listening to it over and over again) and it was everything I'd hoped for and more. Amazing setlist, amazing visuals, etc.

I'm not even exaggerating a bit when I say that's in the top 10 live shows I've ever seen.

I was so glad that they didn't load the set with new stuff and forget the songs I've loved for years. And my favorite from the new album (Emotional Haircut) is even cooler live.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Is there an opening band on this tour?

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Barry posted:

Is there an opening band on this tour?

Detroit shows had a DJ for both I think. Doors were at 7 both nights, Friday LCD came on at 9 and Saturday 9:15, I came late to skip the opener and expensive beer prices both nights.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Action Serious posted:

Detroit shows had a DJ for both I think. Doors were at 7 both nights, Friday LCD came on at 9 and Saturday 9:15, I came late to skip the opener and expensive beer prices both nights.

Thanks. I checked every single official outlet I could think of (ticketmaster, the venue, LCD's page, etc) and nothing about any sort of an opener.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Yeah, good to know. For the three shows starting tonight in Chicago, all it says is 7:30 but no idea if that's doors, when the opener goes on, or what.

e: doors at 6:30, DJ set at 7:30, LCD at 9pm if anyone else was curious.

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 6, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Big Freedia opened for them in Austin fwiw

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin
Seeing them when they play in Hollywood, I can't wait. I saw them open for Arcade Fire back in 2007 and had always wished Arcade Fire had opened up for LCD Soundsystem. I never got a chance to see them live again after that so I'm really fuckin excited

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Action Serious posted:

Where were you sitting/standing? I was there too.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Gravitee posted:

Where were you sitting/standing? I was there too.

We kept getting told to go further and further back by ushers which was extremely annoying when people were standing in aisles with us and would immediately return after pretending to move after a few minutes.

Friday night was worse because we were standing behind the last row of the lower bowl in the aisle because the ramps going toward the back were jam packed and an usher told us to move up to the balcony because “the main floor is full” which pissed me off because we paid $150 (after fees and poo poo) to be in that part.

Although we also got snapped at by a woman on Saturday because we found a few empty seats and squeezed into a row and she was sitting behind us and didn’t want to stand.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

angrygodofjebus posted:

Yeah, good to know. For the three shows starting tonight in Chicago, all it says is 7:30 but no idea if that's doors, when the opener goes on, or what.

e: doors at 6:30, DJ set at 7:30, LCD at 9pm if anyone else was curious.

I wish I had seen this before I got here, I would have stopped for ice cream...

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Action Serious posted:

We kept getting told to go further and further back by ushers which was extremely annoying when people were standing in aisles with us and would immediately return after pretending to move after a few minutes.

Friday night was worse because we were standing behind the last row of the lower bowl in the aisle because the ramps going toward the back were jam packed and an usher told us to move up to the balcony because “the main floor is full” which pissed me off because we paid $150 (after fees and poo poo) to be in that part.

Although we also got snapped at by a woman on Saturday because we found a few empty seats and squeezed into a row and she was sitting behind us and didn’t want to stand.

I was at the Saturday show on the right side, third row off the floor. I stood the entire time because I gotta dance. There were so many people on the aisle though. Lots of drunk girls being held up by their significant others. *cue Drunk Girls*

Did they do anything different between the two nights?

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Saw them on Tues in SF. loving incredible show. I really like the new album, but was blown away by how good the new songs sound live. Call The Police in particular was a big highlight for me. Nancy also sang a really awesome non-LCD song -- not sure if it's Juan MacLean or something else she's involved in. Felt very Tom Tom Club Stop Making Sense-y.

I saw them at their "last ever" show at MSG and I don't think any live music experience will be able to top that. But, seeing them again last night wasn't a disappointment in any way whatsoever -- it only solidified my view that they're probably the best band since the 90s, both in terms of their oeuvre and their live show. Gonna be pretty special to be able to look back on that in 20 years and say "I was there". And I mean that only half ironically.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Nancy also sang a really awesome non-LCD song -- not sure if it's Juan MacLean or something else she's involved in. Felt very Tom Tom Club Stop Making Sense-y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjqPmqXy7nc

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Nice, thanks!!! Would love to hear a recording of LCD’s version.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am going to be seeing them in a few weeks, and I am starting to get nervous I won't get to see "How Do You Sleep?" live.

AkaiNami
Sep 2, 2011
Somehow I doubt that they'll play this song live. None of the posted setlists mention this song. Which is a shame but also understandable.

I'll see them in about six months during their short Europe tour. So I hope they mix up their setlist a bit.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Based on what James has said they'll play it eventually, but yeah not looking like this tour.

It's a shame, but their setlists have been pretty great this tour anyway and I had a killer time at the Chicago show I made it to.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
James said at the end of this year at the earliest.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Made the mistake of checking out the setlist for the New Orleans show before seeing them in Dallas. Was very excited to see "Us V. Them" and "Yeah" but ended up getting neither. Bummer.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Nice, thanks!!! Would love to hear a recording of LCD’s version.

It was interesting. I like Nancy's voice but she doesn't really have the pipes for Chic, though.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

warez posted:

Made the mistake of checking out the setlist for the New Orleans show before seeing them in Dallas. Was very excited to see "Us V. Them" and "Yeah" but ended up getting neither. Bummer.

That sucks, because I can't imagine an LCD show without Yeah. It's so awesome live.

e: holy poo poo tickets for the Australian tour are $120+fees

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 28, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Anyone else seeing them in Montreal tonight?

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Saw the band last night in Boston in some supremely lovely seats but it was probably the best show I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT of shows). They kicked into gear with an Us V. Them opener (the song I was dying to hear them open with) and the rest of the set was just pure hit after pure hit. Special props to Tonite, they play it in double-time and that frenetic speed only made the song bump that much harder.

LCD is not the kind of band that should be playing hockey arenas, it was obvious the sound was lovely in a lot of spots, but I was directly across from the stage so there was nothing to block or dampen the music, it was just dance and dance and dance. This was the third show I've seen this fall where I bought presale tickets and got slotted into what I thought were pretty lovely seats, only for them to be a pretty optimal place to hear the show soundwise. Holy poo poo, Dance Yrself Clean is a revelation live, and I loving love Emotional Haircut so I was in heaven at the triple-percussion part. The best part of the show, honestly, was watching the place erupt at the true crowd pleasers. Once Tribulations opened up, the crowd went nuclear, and for the rest of the night all I could see was people having fun. During The Drop during Dance Yrself Clean, I don't think a single person was standing still.

I'm glad I stopped myself from buying a shirt, though. Those designs were pretty loving ugly.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

CRINDY posted:

I'm glad I stopped myself from buying a shirt, though. Those designs were pretty loving ugly.

Yeah, the merch is bizarrely bad for this tour. Too ironic/joke-y for me ("My middle-aged friend saw LCD Soundsystem and all I got was this stupid t-shirt!"). Could get a "I might be gay" baby onesie for your children though.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

CRINDY posted:

Saw the band last night in Boston in some supremely lovely seats but it was probably the best show I've ever seen (and I've seen a LOT of shows). They kicked into gear with an Us V. Them opener (the song I was dying to hear them open with) and the rest of the set was just pure hit after pure hit. Special props to Tonite, they play it in double-time and that frenetic speed only made the song bump that much harder.

LCD is not the kind of band that should be playing hockey arenas, it was obvious the sound was lovely in a lot of spots, but I was directly across from the stage so there was nothing to block or dampen the music, it was just dance and dance and dance. This was the third show I've seen this fall where I bought presale tickets and got slotted into what I thought were pretty lovely seats, only for them to be a pretty optimal place to hear the show soundwise. Holy poo poo, Dance Yrself Clean is a revelation live, and I loving love Emotional Haircut so I was in heaven at the triple-percussion part. The best part of the show, honestly, was watching the place erupt at the true crowd pleasers. Once Tribulations opened up, the crowd went nuclear, and for the rest of the night all I could see was people having fun. During The Drop during Dance Yrself Clean, I don't think a single person was standing still.

Agganis Arena blows hard as a venue. Glad you loved the show nonetheless.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Another day, another Australian LCD tour cancelled. Don't doubt it was due to $120 ticket prices and 10,000 capacity venues - I love the band but they're not that big here.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup

I, Butthole posted:

Another day, another Australian LCD tour cancelled. Don't doubt it was due to $120 ticket prices and 10,000 capacity venues - I love the band but they're not that big here.

And that they JUST toured here in July, for $10 cheaper, and in Sydney at least the exact same venue. I'm glad I finally got to see them live but the new album wasn't that inspiring to make the investment again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

LCD's entire 54 minute long Austin City Limits episode went up if you're interested in watching it:
http://video.klru.tv/video/3008639252/

(Requires an account/Facebook sign-in, but it's free)

Setlist:
Oh Baby
Call the Police
I Can Change
Change Yr Mind
Tonite
New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down
Emotional Haircut
All My Friends

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-lcd-soundsystem-play-how-do-you-sleep-live-for-the-first-time/

They played "How Do You Sleep" at the Hollywood Bowl in LA.

neon909
Apr 11, 2017

I hear this band defenestrated their computers "because they wanted to make something real"

neon909
Apr 11, 2017

Also "American Dream" is still a good album, but not half as good as any of the previous three, discuss

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

neon909 posted:

Also "American Dream" is still a good album, but not half as good as any of the previous three, discuss

disagree, it's better than the S/T. but not really close to Sound of Silver or This is Happening

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DC Murderverse posted:

it's better than the S/T
You take that back you son of a bitch <:mad:>

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
it's perhaps their best album, or at least not too far a fall from them.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I think how do you sleep was the only track I didn’t instantly forget existed after I finished American Dream, and that’s only because it’s biting Dance Yrself Clean’s gimmick hard.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

disagree, it's better than the S/T. but not really close to Sound of Silver or This is Happening

I think This is Happening is their best and American Dream is basically right there with Sound of Silver after that.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Pirate Jet posted:

I think how do you sleep was the only track I didn’t instantly forget existed after I finished American Dream, and that’s only because it’s biting Dance Yrself Clean’s gimmick hard.

Tonite and Black Screen are among the best tracks he's ever written IMO.

The rest of it is pretty good, but it's hard for me to rank because the middle tier of songs falls below the middle sons of previous records, but the worst songs on it are still better than the worst songs on other records in my opinion. Still loving awesome and I can't wait for album number five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
American Dream is equal to disc one of s/t.

• Locked thread