Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This was a great LP that got me to buy and play Automata myself. So thank you for all the work you put in to make this so enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I still hate 9S :colbert: I don't give a poo poo if his going crazy is relatable. He's still a huge turd with a dumb nickname.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly I liked him better after he went banana sandwiches. We all have a little Caim in us :unsmith:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Thanks for the LP, TDI.

Squarely Circle posted:

This is the most unlikely game ever and I'm glad it exists.

Not gonna lie, it took me a few updates to get around to actually believing that it exists.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
For people still into Extra Credits after they decided "loot boxes are good actually" was the best hill to die on of all time, they're apparently doing an episode on Nier: Automata this week (should have been released today, but apparently pushed back due to technical difficulties). Keep an eye out for it, they usually have some pretty neat insights, even if they're physically incapable of seeing the flaws within their own industry. I'd have waited for it to go live, but with the LP over and all, figure I'd mention it before the lock.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Thanks for a hell of a ride, DarkId.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Quality of writing aside, if you’re interested in the extra material the voice actors for 9S and 2B got together with some other voice actor friends to perform the concert scripts: https://youtu.be/yF0y083mMHA

I found it really interesting as a peek into what voice acting is like as much as anything else.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Thank you DarkId, this LP was a delight.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

I got into this LP late, but I'm real glad I got to experience it, since I don't have a machine capable of running Automata but I was dying to know the story. Thanks for the LP, TDI, and may Sith Lord Yoko Taro release his dark grip on your soul.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Funktor posted:

Thanks TDI. Great LP as always.

Not an empty quote.

shroomofinsanity
Apr 25, 2017
I also made a SA account just for the privilege of following this LP in real time after reading them all on the archive down the road.

This game is excellent and Id is an actual prophet who finally had their prophecy validated. Thanks for the admission on this go around of the Wild Rids.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

EclecticTastes posted:

For people still into Extra Credits after they decided "loot boxes are good actually" was the best hill to die on of all time, they're apparently doing an episode on Nier: Automata this week (should have been released today, but apparently pushed back due to technical difficulties). Keep an eye out for it, they usually have some pretty neat insights, even if they're physically incapable of seeing the flaws within their own industry. I'd have waited for it to go live, but with the LP over and all, figure I'd mention it before the lock.

I liked Super Bunny Hop's discussion about the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehM1m5-TG5g

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Like everyone else I had a great time in this LP, and I want to specifically call out and thank you for keeping the screenshot LP genre alive.

The Dark Id posted:

I cannot believe you’re doing a SSLP for this Platinum action game! Please do an LP custom tailored to my tastes!
Analysis: Shits given - 0.

Seriously, never change, TDI. :unsmith:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Rip in peace
Tear in pieces
This was a good game and thread

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Chug a 🍺 and thanks for the game, TDI.
Thanks for the game also to all the fine people at Platinum and Squeenix, and of course to Emil's Mask himself :yokotaro:

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Gah. Negativity. Okay, deploying encouragement.

Dark Id. You rock. This Let's Play Rocks.

Keep being awesome.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks again for a great LP, TDI!

And now we shall all lock together and become as archives.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I finally got the money to pick up a PS4 and I haven't been able to put this gave down. Thanks for this LP and all of the LPs of Yoko Taro's wild ride! I have loved this poo poo.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'll join the chorus of people here to praise this LP. I have been following since the start and this have been a fantastic ride. Thanks, TDI! This was amazing.

Until Yoko Taro's next wild, wild ride.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the LP, Id. Pity your fishing hobby didn't pan out.

also, cause it's been bugging me, why did you record your reactions for just ending E and not D or C before it?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Thanks for another great LP, TDI.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
It's been a wild ride. Even though I've already seen this through like twice now it was still great to see your go at it. Thanks again for another great LP Id!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

A great thread for a great game. See you for the next Yoko Taro wildride, DarkId :golfclap:

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
The end! No moral. It was a good thread, friends! Until next time!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
TheDarkID, faithful player of this series, you have helped the weak, and suffered great hardships, both in and out of this game.

Some may say that your efforts are purely for show.
We thank you for your efforts.

And so we must say goodbye. I feel a slight amount of... sadness.

To you, and all the rest of this thread:

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
THIS LP CANNOT CONTINUE.

Thanks for the fun, Id!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Now that I look back, for the final battle regardless of C or D, they could have at least done a much darker Birth of a Wish version. Something that says finality.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Thanks for the LP, Id.

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
Watching you beat all the side missions that I found far to tedious or terrible to beat was cathartic. Thank you TDI.:thanks:

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Birth of a Wish mixed with dialogue of whoever you're fighting. 9S saying something about life being meaningless, A2 saying....Yorha betrayed us? I don't know. That would've been either really cool or kind of corny. Or maybe both!

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Thank you for reading.

This thread cannot continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
There's a new LP if that's your scene and you still have this LP bookmarked for some reason:
Koudelka - Shadow Hearts 0

This thread cannot continue. Back to the abyss.

• Locked thread